Judge Orders White People Out Of His Court

White Rain

Reaction score
Why did he feel he couldn't have said this in front of white lawyers? I don't think it gave his speech any more "power."
Besides, some of the lawyers probably tell these defendants the same thing.

ATLANTA -- Judge Marvin Arrington insists he's not a racist; despite ordering white lawyers out of his courtroom on Thursday.

The Fulton County Superior Court judge said he was just fed up seeing a parade of young black defendants in his courtroom.

"I came out and saw the defendants, about 99.9 percent Afro-Americans, and some point time I excused some of the lawyers, most of them white, and said to the young people in here 'What in the world are you doing with your lives,'" he told WSB-TV Channel 2 reporter JaQuitta Williams.

Arrington said he thought his message might have more power if it was delivered to a blacks-only audience.

"I didn't think about racism or reverse racism, I practiced law for 30 years and 75 percent of my partners were white," he explained.

The judge said the majority of people who appear before him accused of crimes such as murder, rape and robbery are black and he wanted to do something about it, one on one.
more: http://www.wsbtv.com/news/15735848/detail.html

I think I understand what he was trying to do.
Reminds me of the BIll Cosby speech years ago.

Can you tell me what you thought?
I just can't see saying what he said in front of whites making a bigger impact than if whites were not there...
A criminal is a crimial....
I have been to jail before. If a judge in my case cleared the room of blacks and spoke out the same as this judge did, it would affect me no differently.
If you wanna straighten up you're going to...no matter what color you are.
Criminals are just like addicts...they are NOT going to do right until THEY want to, no matter what anyone says.

Me too. I also want to say that I know a good bit about this Judge and have been involved in cases that were tried in front of him. He is a terrific Judge and a good man and I too "get it."

......just like addicts...they are NOT going to do right until THEY want to, no matter what anyone says.

Yes, but do addicts do better when learning how to get clean from their own kind (ie "the therapeutic value of one addict helping another) or do they do better learning how to get clean from someone who has never walked one minute in their skins? From my own experience, whenever an Earth person starts talking to me about how I should just say no to drugs, I start looking for the nearest narcotic just to get through their helpful little speech.

This Judge was talk to these young black men from the perspective of someone who had once been a young black man. And that's nothing but a good thing. We learn meaningful life skills from someone if we can first relate to them.

I can understand it, I think. Kind of like a "man to man" type of talk. Honestly, I think all of us do things that can be misconstrued as racist, or sexist, or just plain "wrong" if somebody wanted to.

I can understand it, I think. Kind of like a "man to man" type of talk. Honestly, I think all of us do things that can be misconstrued as racist, or sexist, or just plain "wrong" if somebody wanted to.

No doubt about that...
someone is ALWAYS gonna be offended even me!!!!

Why couldn't the young black rapists and murderers listen with white people in the room? They'll be ganged up into races in prison and have to live amongst white people when and if they get out so what the heck does it matter. Most had principals, teachers, mamas, preachers, etc. over their years. What does some man who makes good money think he can do to change them at the last minute. Also, what does a sexual deviancy and psychopath problem such as rape even have to do with white people being in a court room. The abscence of white people won't change that problem.

....... What does some man who makes good money think he can do to change them at the last minute...

I think if I sat in Judgment in a courtroom year after year after year and sent people to jail day in and day out and the people I was sending to jail were predominantly and overwhlemingly white women who looked just like me - gosh, I think I might get to the point that one day I'd want to say something to those women who looked just like me - something I felt like might take root more quickly if it was just me and them together.

I feel for Judges. I really do.

From my own experience, whenever an Earth person starts talking to me about how I should just say no to drugs, I start looking for the nearest narcotic just to get through their helpful little speech.

WhiteRain, white people in general in America have the money to hire lawyers to plea out and pay a fine and never see a judge. Even though the vast majority of rapists, murderers, child offenders that I see here on Websleuths are WhiteMen. When crime happens to non-white people, by non-white people, it is not even reported in the press. Racism is still a huge problem in American justice. How do you suggest we correct this injustice?

Why couldn't the young black rapists and murderers listen with white people in the room?
Because then he sounds like Uncle Tom? (Black guy, subsumed by the White system.) We're all in this together, but at different times, we group by different characteristics.

I see his point of doing what he did. He wanted to get through to these young blacks as a black himself. I see nothing wrong or racist in what he did. It probably started making him angry to see blacks in his courtroom all the time and he got to the point that he wanted to sound off on it.

I really commend him for getting angry and doing this maybe it might help or it might not but it took guts from him to be so forward and direct. I hope for his sake on what he was trying to do it reached at least one or two of them enough to change their life around for the better and hopefully they can come back to him and give him credit for him doing that and making a difference in their lives.

Why did he feel he couldn't have said this in front of white lawyers? I don't think it gave his speech any more "power."
Besides, some of the lawyers probably tell these defendants the same thing.

ATLANTA -- Judge Marvin Arrington insists he's not a racist; despite ordering white lawyers out of his courtroom on Thursday.

The Fulton County Superior Court judge said he was just fed up seeing a parade of young black defendants in his courtroom.

"I came out and saw the defendants, about 99.9 percent Afro-Americans, and some point time I excused some of the lawyers, most of them white, and said to the young people in here 'What in the world are you doing with your lives,'" he told WSB-TV Channel 2 reporter JaQuitta Williams.

Arrington said he thought his message might have more power if it was delivered to a blacks-only audience.

"I didn't think about racism or reverse racism, I practiced law for 30 years and 75 percent of my partners were white," he explained.

The judge said the majority of people who appear before him accused of crimes such as murder, rape and robbery are black and he wanted to do something about it, one on one.
more: http://www.wsbtv.com/news/15735848/detail.html

This Judge used the term "Reverse racism"? There's no such thing. You're racist or you are not. It works both ways. If he's considering giving the same speech next week and allowing the white lawyers in the room how's that work? How will that be any different? If this was a Latino Judge ordering everyone out except Latino's or a caucasian Judge ordering everyone out except whites people would be up in arms. What about people of mixed race? Does an attorney of mixed race get to stay or do they have to leave?

This Judge used the term "Reverse racism"? There's no such thing. You're racist or you are not. It works both ways. If he's considering giving the same speech next week and allowing the white lawyers in the room how's that work? How will that be any different? If this was a Latino Judge ordering everyone out except Latino's or a caucasian Judge ordering everyone out except whites people would be up in arms. What about people of mixed race? Does an attorney of mixed race get to stay or do they have to leave?
i think the only reason he is allowing everyone in next week is to avoid all the boo hoo feelings. sometimes people need to just accept that someone may have done things in a odd way but their heart was in the right place and that matters more than all the PC racism stuff we hear every day. a black man that has a good life spoke to a group of young black men that are on the path to a life of hell. he did it because he wants to turn them around and he has the power because he is a judge to make them listen.

now if we can get a female judge to kick all the men out while in family court to explain to mothers why it is wrong to stay with a man that hurts your kids it will be a good week.

Now if we can get a female judge to kick all the men out while in family court to explain to mothers why it is wrong to stay with a man that hurts your kids it will be a good week.
:clap:

now if we can get a female judge to kick all the men out while in family court to explain to mothers why it is wrong to stay with a man that hurts your kids it will be a good week.
That would be sexist. It would never fly, Sherri. Unless of course it's a black female Judge wanting to speak to black females only about black men hurting their kids.

That would be sexist. It would never fly, Sherri. Unless of course it's a black female Judge wanting to speak to black females only about black men hurting their kids.
i dont care if the judge is green and helps the green people in their court see the error of their ways. green criminals hurt everyone. so if good old your honor green can reach one young green to stop them from hurting any person of any color in the future i say good for judge green. it is possible if we had more green judges reach out to the youth that share a back ground with them we would see less crime and wouldnt that be nice for everyone? i know it is not PC but neither is the real world. maybe if we worried more about what was right and less about what was PC or fair we would have a little more help avalible for those in need before they create more innocent victums.

i dont care if the judge is green and helps the green people in their court see the error of their ways. green criminals hurt everyone. so if good old your honor green can reach one young green to stop them from hurting any person of any color in the future i say good for judge green. it is possible if we had more green judges reach out to the youth that share a back ground with them we would see less crime and wouldnt that be nice for everyone? i know it is not PC but neither is the real world. maybe if we worried more about what was right and less about what was PC or fair we would have a little more help avalible for those in need before they create more innocent victums.

Sherri, they are criminals this Judge is speaking to. What does he mean he didn't want to embarass them or seem like he was talking down to them? He's segregating the court room. How many of them ordered out were the defense lawyers? It's a court room not a social services office. I understand your point about Judge Green. Perhaps if Judge Green did the same thing there'd be no problem. If Judge White did it Sharpton and his co-horts would be marching yesterday. Being PC is probably what got us to the point that this Judge up and figured he could pull something like that. If he's so concerned and believes he did the right thing then he should stick to his guns and when he gives his speech next week order all the white lawyers out again. Hey, I hope his talk did help. I honestly do.

Sherri, they are criminals this Judge is speaking to. What does he mean he didn't want to embarass them or seem like he was talking down to them? He's segregating the court room. How many of them ordered out were the defense lawyers? It's a court room not a social services office. I understand your point about Judge Green. Perhaps if Judge Green did the same thing there'd be no problem. If Judge White did it Sharpton and his co-horts would be marching yesterday. Being PC is probably what got us to the point that this Judge up and figured he could pull something like that. If he's so concerned and believes he did the right thing then he should stick to his guns and when he gives his speech next week order all the white lawyers out again. Hey, I hope his talk did help. I honestly do.
is that the problem? you do not think a white judge could do the same thing so we should blast this judge just to be fair?

yes it is a double standard. i just do not care. in the big picture i think the possible good outweighs the possible bad. most criminals are not white. look at his court room and look at the prisons. we can sit back and argue about how slavery and civil rights affected the past generations and how that has trickled down to the current generations. we can argue about how the larger number of out of wedlock births leads to a increase in poverty and that leads to a increase in crime and blah blah blah. i do not care why someone broke the law to be honest. every crook has a excuse regaurdless of color. this judge thinks because he has a personal back ground that is shared with the men he sees everyday he had a shot a reaching them. i doubt it. his efforts would be better spent in a school with kids that have not yet turned to crime imo. i will not fault him for trying even if it hurts the feelings of a few lawyers. i really do not care what color the people involved are.

i know if a white judge did the same thing people would scream racsim but i refuse to join the groups that think a race war is the answer on either side. if a white judge can turn a white crook around more power to him. any people that call that judge names but not this judge are just plain wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back