Off Duty Fireman Saves Toddler And Father

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
James Babst was on his way to work as a Philadelphia fire fighter. Babst saw a house in flames and neighbors breaking windows and he went right in the house without even any gear. Before entering the house he told neighbors to call 911 and tell them he was inside the house. Officer Babst was found next to the little boy and is now being treated for smoke inhilation. The toddler and his father were badly burned. I'd just run across this article and thought this deserved a thread. We can't smile about the fire or the victims, but it's good to know our heroic fire fighters come to the rescue even off duty. Prayers for this family and the fire fighter.http://cbs3.com/topstories/Fire.Frankford.Worth.2.688371.html

Wow! That's so neat. He's a true hero... :)

Wow! That's so neat. He's a true hero... :)

Thanks for responding, MMJ. Isn't that wonderful? I'm so proud of this brave man, and Blessed to have him on our fire department that's for sure. Hoping the three guys are doing better.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

What a brave and honorable man Filly! Your community should be very proud of him and also very comforted to know that they are in such good hands!

Bless his heart and soul!!!

We can't smile about the fire or the victims, but it's good to know our heroic fire fighters come to the rescue even off duty. Prayers for this family and the fire fighter.http://cbs3.com/topstories/Fire.Frankford.Worth.2.688371.html

:clap: :clap: :clap:

What a brave and honorable man Filly! Your community should be very proud of him and also very comforted to know that they are in such good hands!

Bless his heart and soul!!!

Yep, he rocks Fermi. He may get a small award at a firefighter ceremony and be hailed by his own, but there's so many people in this city would just shrug that off. That's why I thought I'd post this. All our firefighters here as well as elsewhere are definately heroic.

It's nice to come on here and read something good that someone is doing for others. The man truly is a hero. I pray for full recovery for the dad and son.

but there's so many people in this city would just shrug that off.

You know Filly, that's what is wrong with this country. People say he/she was just doing their job...but it is so much more than that. These brave hearts go above and beyond...with no regard for their own safety...for people they don't even know. And often times for little or no thanks and I think that is sad.

Anyone who fights for our country, chases after people you should be running from, or runs into buildings you should be running out of...these are the real heroes.

I pray for a quick and speedy recovery for this man and those he risked his life for. And I thank him.

The victims were so lucky that he was driving by at the right time. It could have turned out differently. He truely is a hero.

It's wonderful to read a great story like this instead of the hurtful, gruesome ones we read here everyday.

This man is a TRUE HERO!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back