CO CO - Bekime Elshani, 22, Colorado Springs, 29 March 2008

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.krdo.com/Global/story.asp?S=8104207

2 April 08

The relationship between Daniel Dereere and Bekime Elshani had a history of domestic violence. Elshani, whose friends call her Becky, has been missing since early Saturday morning. When police went to her apartment complex near Academy and Dublin Sunday night, they found her boyfriend, Dereere, dead inside. He shot himself just as police arrived. Police still don't know where Elshani may be.

more at link

pic
8104207_BG1.JPG

http://www.krdo.com/Global/story.asp?S=8123310

5 April 08

A friend of the family tells NEWSCHANNEL 13 that the search has informally been narrowed down to where the boyfriend enjoyed camping.

and

Colorado Springs Police say they have reason to believe she may have been harmed after undisclosed evidence surfaced inside Dereere's vehicle.

and

Police are also asking Teller County residents for help. They believe Dereere drove his 4Runner to Woodland Park/Teller County on the afternoon and evening of Saturday, March 29, hours after Elshani was last seen alive.

"We're asking for anybody who may have seen him up in the Woodland Park area, specifically on Saturday to contact us so we can try to lock down maybe where he was exactly and what his activities were," says Arms.

more at link

He must have thought the police were coming to his door to arrest him and killed himself as opposed to going to prison. Doesn't sound good for the young lady. I hope they find her right away.

Aww man what a cute young girl. I don't think she is alive. I know that sounds horrible like don't give up hope but I have no doubt that if she were alive she would of contacted SOMEONE by now & he wouldn't of killed himself. Supposedly there is a bunch of stuff written on one of their myspace pages that lead to the bf being a total psycho but I haven't been able to locate a myspace page for either. I might of found one but it's private.

Blasted snow! Snow sure does hinder a lot of the investigations going on around here.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/15870635/detail.html

13 April 08

A woman told authorities recently she saw a red sport utility vehicle owned by Elshani's boyfriend driving near Grand Lake, in a remote area just off Highway 24 in Teller County. Her friends and family are now focusing their search in that area. They did not find anything on Saturday, saying they were hampered by new snow, but they haven't given up hope yet.

and

One of Elshani's friends told KRDO that Dereere threatened Elshani a few months ago, saying if he couldn't have Elshani, no one would, and that he would kill her and then himself.

more at link

http://www.gazette.com/articles/year-96457-2nd-daughter.html

March 31, 2010 3:40 PM
MARIA ST.LOUIS-SANCHEZ
THE GAZETTE

It’s been two years since Doris and Agim Elshani saw their daughter, Bekime.

Known as “Becky” to her family, she’s been missing since March 29, 2008, the day her boyfriend, Daniel Dereere, was found dead in the apartment they shared when police went to question him about her disappearance. Dereere committed suicide by shooting himself, investigators said.

The Elshanis said they believe Dereere killed Becky after the two fought, then hid her body and killed himself.

But they don’t know for sure.

How sad that this young woman has not been found yet. Prayers to her family that they have some closure soon.

http://www.gazette.com/articles/remains-107725-county-sheriffs.html

November 09, 2010 9:16 AM
MATT STEINER AND LANCE BENZEL
THE GAZETTE

Investigators do not believe that skeletal remains found Sunday are those of a 22-year-old Colorado Springs woman who disappeared under suspicious circumstances in March 2008, the Teller County coroner said.

Dr. Earl Byrne said an examination of the remains point to a different person — although he declined to say who.

Another young woman, her killer dead, but her body is somewhere west of Colorado Springs. Keep your eyes open.

Bumping this thread. Daniel was the son of my dear friend. She has gone to join him now. I hope she has answers in the afterlife that she could not find in this one.

<3

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, psyquestor. May I ask how she dealt with the tragic circumstances surrounding her son's death?

Like anyone could imagine, she had many questions that were left unanswered. Finding this woman could have answered many of them. My friend was a very compassionate person and I feel the circumstances and all of the unanswered questions; weighed on her a great deal. This is my own opinion, coming from very brief conversations we had about this. It is agonizing enough, losing your child, but to have this mystery surrounding that loss, would compound it imo. Praying she has found some peace.

Tip Prompts Family to Search for Woman, Missing Six Years
POSTED: 08:29 PM MDT Aug 08, 2014
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Acting on a tip, the family of Bekime Elshani is asking for the public's help in a search for clues.
Bekime "Becky" Elshani, went missing in March of 2008, and hasn't been seen since. Investigators had little clues from the beginning: Becky's then-boyfriend, Daniel Dereere killed himself as officers were looking for her at the couple's Colorado Springs apartment. Police detectives said pings from Dereere's cell phone registered in Teller County the day Becky went missing.
The Elshani family is organizing a search Sunday, August 10, around the Grand Lake area.

Colorado Springs: man’s jealous obsession for young woman reflected in poetry
July 26, 2014, 11:06 am
“We are never gonna forget Becky and we can’t bring her back,” Agim Elshani told a TV reporter at the time. “When we heard, we were hoping this is it, we can have closure.”
Becky’s remains have still not been found.
Anyone who may have information about Becky’s whereabouts is asked to call the Colorado Police Department at 719-444-7000.

Family still looking for missing daughter after seven years
A family has not lost hope in the search for their daughter who vanished seven years ago.

Bekime "Becky" Elshani was 22 years old when she disappeared. Her family is still searching for answers.

"We think about her all the time and every day," Becky's father, Agim Elshani, said. "Becky was a very loving person. She was a beautiful girl."

Two days after Becky disappeared, Becky's boyfriend was found dead inside the apartment they shared. Police say he died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
http://www.krdo.com/news/family-still-looking-for-missing-daughter-after-seven-years/32079364

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back