Cat klepto steals toys for new baby

Pepper

Former Member
Reaction score
This was in the March 17 issue of "People", and I can't find a link to the whole story or picture. But this cat had been a family pet for many years, and when the couple had their first child recently, the cat began bringing home stuffed toys for the baby - 9 at last count. The mother was so embarassed she put up posters offering to return the stolen loot, but no one contacted her.

This one sure makes me smile! The cat is bringing presents! (I hope it stops at just the "stuffed" toys and doesn't decide a dead mouse would be appropriate as cats normally bring home to show off!!)

I just looked online and it's mentioned in the table of contents for the March 17 issue but I can't get it to link to anything. I really would've liked to see the photos! :)

Awwwww, that really is sweet. Does anyone remember the cat that would steal gloves? The owner finally started putting them on her fence for people to find and claim. It was funny, her fence was so full.

Thank goodness the cat isn't bringing home dead mice. Our cat used to leave them as presents for us! ACK

My cat used to bring me lizards, snakes and even a chipmunk still squeaking in its mouth. They are always alive and have a look of terror. I give the kitty a pat and free the poor things. When I had my baby he would sit next to me while I was nursing and lick his little head until it looked like I had combed his hair.

I lost him when all the tainted food was still swirling around. Animals amaze me. I miss my little (he was 16lbs) Leroy and his silly ways.

Awww...I am so sorry to hear that you lost Leroy! What a sweet boy he was looking after your new baby by grooming him. :blowkiss:

When I had my baby he would sit next to me while I was nursing and lick his little head until it looked like I had combed his hair.

I lost him when all the tainted food was still swirling around. Animals amaze me. I miss my little (he was 16lbs) Leroy and his silly ways.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back