Charlton Heston Dies at Beverly Hills Home

Ohhhh. :( I just read that he was in the end stages of Alzheimer's. :( I loved him as an actor, and had a crush on Ben Hur. **swoon**

RIP, Charlton.

RIP Chuck. We graduated from the high school.

That's cool, JBean.

His name always confused me. I want to spell it "Charleston". Good thing I'm not in charge of his burial.

That's cool, JBean.

His name always confused me. I want to spell it "Charleston". Good thing I'm not in charge of his burial.
Charleston that's cute. Yeah he was one of our famous grads. Ann Margaret, Donald Rumsfeld, Bruce Dern are among the others. oh and Jbean of course.

Did they have to prise a gun from his hands, i wonder?

Ohhhh. :( I just read that he was in the end stages of Alzheimer's. :( I loved him as an actor, and had a crush on Ben Hur. **swoon**

RIP, Charlton.

I agree about him in the Ben Hur role. He was ruggedly handsome.

Kudos to the Hestons for remaining married for 64 years in Hollywood.

Rest in peace, Mr Heston.

The man died after suffering from Alzheimer's for years, so I highly doubt it.:rolleyes: That wasn't funny, imo.

I didn't think so, either. Rude, in fact.

RIP, Charlton. He was one of the ones you wish could live forever. A legend.

He was a terrific actor, he starred in another great movie that I loved "The Greatest Show On Earth," he played the manager of a circus. He was also offered the starring role in the movie "High Noon" & turned it down, bet Gary Cooper was glad about that! I'll miss you Chuck, RIP...

I didn't think so, either. Rude, in fact.

RIP, Charlton. He was one of the ones you wish could live forever. A legend.

Have to agree with you and IM... I thought it was rude too.

RIP Charlton

The man died after suffering from Alzheimer's for years, so I highly doubt it.:rolleyes: That wasn't funny, imo.

I thought it was a reasonable question given the circumstances. I wondered the same thing. Floh could very well have meant her question seriously - she, unlike you, did not put any sarcastic smileys to indicate otherwise.

And even if she did, Mr. Heston put himself out there far and wide publicly about his views on guns - that makes him fair game. (no pun intended)

Rest in peace Mr.Heston.

Love Ben Hur but another favorite of mine is Planet of the Apes.

I always admired him as the great actor he was although I didn't agree on his pro-gun stance. But I hope he is now at peace, especially after suffering from Alzheimers for so long.

Rest in peace, Mr. Heston.

I thought it was a reasonable question given the circumstances. I wondered the same thing. Floh could very well have meant her question seriously - she, unlike you, did not put any sarcastic smileys to indicate otherwise.

And even if she did, Mr. Heston put himself out there far and wide publicly about his views on guns - that makes him fair game. (no pun intended)

I have to go with you on this one. Maybe I'm just mean and disrespectful, but I wondered the same thing as Floh and you. He put himself in the position of hardened gun owner and I really don't think a bit of dark humor is out and out disrespectful. Floh didn't say anything seriously offensive as far as I'm concerned. Then again, I developed a dark sense of humor long ago.

I agree with Englishleigh - he was a legend.
I am shocked to hear of his death. Alzheimers can go on for years and years and it seems it progressed rapidly for him.
In a way, I suppose it is a blessing. There is nothing worse than this horrible disease imo.

He was a terrific actor, he starred in another great movie that I loved "The Greatest Show On Earth," he played the manager of a circus. He was also offered the starring role in the movie "High Noon" & turned it down, bet Gary Cooper was glad about that! I'll miss you Chuck, RIP...

Wow, he should have taken the role in "High Noon"! "The Greatest Show on Earth" was great too. We watch that every summer. Same with "The Ten Commandments".

OK, wasn't he in the Planet of the Apes movies? I never watched those so I'm not sure. Those were kind of goofy to me.

Oh yeah...SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!!

Wow, he should have taken the role in "High Noon"! "The Greatest Show on Earth" was great too. We watch that every summer. Same with "The Ten Commandments".

OK, wasn't he in the Planet of the Apes movies? I never watched those so I'm not sure. Those were kind of goofy to me.

Oh yeah...SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!!

Yes he was in Planet of the Apes, and forgotten about Soylent Green, that movie gave me nightmares for awhile!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back