IL - Stacy Ann Peterson, 23, Bolingbrook, 2007 (still missing) - #14

Thanks Christine!

I really think we might see something happening in this case this month. At least I really hope so. With the renewed searches comes the possibility of finding Stacy, and with the grand jury reaching the end of their tenure on the this grand jury, hopefully there will be an indictment.

With the info Chicoliving posted in media thread tonight, I think it is probably one of the most important pieces of info on the case. There is a law proposed to allow the introduction of some hearsay evidence if it is believed the accused was responsible for the person not being available to testify. And the Supreme Court will also be rehearing a case on the issue.

That means that Stacy's talk with the pastor might be allowed in, that means that Kathleen's diaries and letters might be allowed in, that means both women's statements to their families might be allowed in.

JAB says they won't do it, but he and DrewP have to be ___tting bricks right now.

Wow..see Tom's Girl's lastest entry under media thread

All I can say is Wow.. Tom's brother, John Morphey, has come forward to say that he also heard from Tom about the coffee shop and moving the container and he is the one that called 911 to help Tom. This adds even more fuel to the fire against Drew.

Wonder how Drew will berate this family member? My guess is he never saw this coming.

ROFL... I bet DrewP is feeling like the walls are tumbling down around him. Living in Jericho!

Like we have already found out, Tom is a recovered alcoholic. Rehabbed in mid '90's, got treatment and living straight. NOT alcoholic, not mentally ill, not likely to have made this story up. Just a man so remorseful at having any unknowing part of it that he couldn't live with himself.

One major difference, Jon thinks that DrewP may have been setting Tom up. I guess when Tom started talking to friends then went into the hospital....before Stacy was reported missing that must have thrown a monkey wrench into the original plan.

Tom Morphey, 40, has been in protective custody.

~snip~

"The boat's a lot like my brother. When we got it, people didn't think it could ever amount to anything, and now it's being used for such an honorable purpose as this."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-peterson-stepbrothersapr16,0,1549239.story

Glad to finally get a confirmation on this one!! Thanks, TG! I also think this is the best statement of this case to date. I like the analogy his brother made about Tom. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I did notice something we had not heard before tho...the mention of a park.

John Morphey said his brother told him that he met Drew at a coffee shop near Peterson's home on the night of Oct. 28. They talked awhile, then Peterson drove Tom Morphey to a nearby park and left him with a cell phone and instructions not to answer if it rang, his brother said. Peterson drove off. After awhile, the phone rang, and the name "Stacy" appeared on the caller ID, Morphey said.

Wow! That was a very interesting article! And it certainly makes Tom Morphey's account of the evening of October 28th, even more credible. He told two people about moving a blue container and the time he spent with DP the evening of October 28th, and this happened even before Stacy was reported missing! This is very strong evidence.

Prediction.............DP will soon be coming up with some disparaging comments about John Morphey's character, to discredit him.

I don't know SS. When I first read it I thought it was new. But thinking about Tom's friend, he did give several interviews and I am thinking a park was mentioned in at least one.

I don't know SS. When I first read it I thought it was new. But thinking about Tom's friend, he did give several interviews and I am thinking a park was mentioned in at least one.

Yes, I remember a park being mentioned. I think we heard that Tom Morphey met DP at the park, and then they went to the coffee shop. But from what John Morphey says, they went to the coffee shop and then to the park.

I honestly don't remember a park at all. I thought he picked him up and then they went to the coffee shop...DP left the phone on the table...then DP left...the phone rang and Tom was not supposed to answer it, but he looked and it said, "Stacy". DP came back, took Tom to his house, they moved the blue container, DP drove Tom home and paid him...then Tom drank a couple of shots...went to Walter's. No park that I recall!

What I want to know is if the police were able to verify the phone call from Stacy's cell phone to the phone Drew left with Tom and if the time frame fits with what Tom is saying. That to me would be pretty damning evidence!

SS, I'm remembering what you remember. So maybe the "table" was at the park? Hmm, this is weird.

Taxi & SS:

I'm also not remembering a "park". In fact, SS what you posted is what I do remember as being mentioned in articles...........thank God threads are saved!! We can go back and re-read and see if a park had ever been mentioned.

Right, I remember the park mentioned too. Also on one of the many Greta shows, I believe that Mark Fuhrman was the one that also recounted the story about the park..also remember the confusion at that same time over which coffee shop it was they were at that night, because there are a couple in the same general area. In clearing up which coffe shop it was, the park was also mentioned.

What is so wonderful is that now two very decent people have come forward to say that they were aware of Tom's story before they were aware that Stacy wa infact missing.

How could Drew's mom and stepdad even look at Drew now, much less the comments they made in the past. I hope Jon as told his mom and dad the truth about what Tom said that night and also what he told him.

Boy these GJ hearings are really having some interesting people that can collaborate each others storys.

I went to the beginning threads and did not find a article that stated as a fact that DP picked up TM at a park. Even on findstacy.com timeline it reflects this bit of information as being "unsubstantiated". Guess we will have to wait to hear from TM to confirm if he was picked up at a park by DP.

How did this get started anyways?

http://www.wqad.com/Global/story.asp?S=8171136&nav=menu132_3

EAST MOLINE, Illinois -- It's the case that's hit airwaves across the nation since October. The disappearance of Drew Peterson's fourth wife, Stacy and every little detail of the case is locked behind doors in East Moline.

On April sixth, a key piece of evidence washed up on Long Beach. In a matter of minutes news crews were on scene wanting the inside story.

"As soon as people hear a blue barrel they think Stacy Peterson and it was my decision to refer them to jurisdiction rather than us make a statement."

Has anyone else heard or read anything about a key peice of evidence found on April 6th?

I went to the beginning threads and did not find a article that stated as a fact that DP picked up TM at a park. Even on findstacy.com timeline it reflects this bit of information as being "unsubstantiated". Guess we will have to wait to hear from TM to confirm if he was picked up at a park by DP.

How did this get started anyways?

I am trying to find some things over at ACandyRose.com...I let you know if there are any statements there about the park.

http://www.acandyrose.com/stacy_peterson_witness_morphey.htm

SNIP/

2007-11-29Greta: On The Record
November 29, 2007
re: Thomas MorpheyStarbucks coffee shop has no videos? Nope, Nope
Nope, and
more Nope Maybe they didn't go to StarbucksILL

"GRETA VAN SUSTEREN: All right. Has your — did your client see Tom Morphey or talk to him on the Sunday Stacy disappeared?
JOEL BRODSKY (Peterson's attorney): Absolutely not.
VAN SUSTEREN: Never saw him?
BRODSKY: Never saw him.
VAN SUSTEREN: Never picked him up in a park?
BRODSKY: Never picked him up in a park or anywhere else.
VAN SUSTEREN: Never took him to a coffee shop and put a cell phone down on the table?
BRODSKY: Never, which would — it would seem to me that that could be verified by the fact that there's no video of it. In this day and age, you know, every coffee shop, Starbucks or such, has video surveillance in it. And since there's no video, I mean, once again, it goes to prove the lack of credibility of the story."
/SNIP

Here you go Littledeer..from Greta's show..talking with JAB about picking Tom up at the park that evening.

Post 119 at this thread

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1828166&highlight=tom+morphy+park#post1828166

Leila talks about Drew picking Morphy up at a park and going to the coffee shop. So it sounds basically like the same story, but a couple of details got confused.

Thanks Mysteriew for finding that post. I knew I remembered the park being mentioned.

I think the reason most don't remember the park as part of the story, is because the prime elements of Tom Morphey's story are - coffee shop, cell phone, and moving a blue container - warm to the touch. The park is only mentioned in passing.

I find it interesting that there is a minor difference between what Walter Martinek related, and what John Morphey related. Walter Martinek said DP picked TM up at a park and left him in a coffee shop with DP's cell phone. John Morphey said that DP and TM were at a coffee shop and DP took TM to a park where DP left him with DP's cell phone. The coffee shop and the park are still a part of the story, but reversed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back