GUILTY FL - Five teens for video beating of 16yo girl, Highland City, 2008

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
A Lakeland, Florida teen was beaten and kicked by other teen girls after she came to a friends house. The teens told Victoria Lindsay that they were videoing her beating and going to post it on the internet. Victoria was taken by ambulance to the hospital and treated for a concussion and eye injury as well as numerous bruises. This could have turned out so much worse. It makes me ill that this group, mentality is going on with teens. Easily this little girl could have been murdered.http://www.sun-herald.com/breakingnews.cfm?id=5461

I wonder how she got out of the mess? Did one of the parents come home, maybe? It's awful! And she thought she was going to a "friends" house!

I wonder how she got out of the mess? Did one of the parents come home, maybe? It's awful! And she thought she was going to a "friends" house!

Sheromom, I had wondered the same thing. How did she get out of there? I've read a few articles and haven't gotten that cleared up. I thought since the ambulance got her she was still in that home. Yeah, great friend, huh? That infuriates me that not one of them "mean girls" had the guts to stand up or even just tell someone. I understand if one of them was afraid so all they had to do was just tell someone. Some and of course not all by a longshot of these monster young girls need to stay locked up and see how bad they are then. I'm glad this kid is semi alright. Hey, no matter even if she was being an -itch there's no reason for all that violence.

So 1 of the parents is already blaming the victim :furious:
If she thinks it's right to brutally beat a young girl because she supposedly insulted someone, I wonder what she thinks should be done to a gang of girls who seriously beat someone until they are unconcous? I hope this "parent" has to help pay for this poor girls medical bill.

VB

If she thinks it's right to brutally beat a young girl because she supposedly insulted someone, I wonder what she thinks should be done to a gang of girls who seriously beat someone until they are unconcous? I hope this "parent" has to help pay for this poor girls medical bill.

VB

good point !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you should tell it to the parents.

VB

It's the ol' "Not my child" syndrome, Vegas Bride.

Have you seen the video???:furious:
If you get a chance, watch it before you comment.
Those girls should be arrested and charged to the fullest extent of the law along with the 2 pissant boys who were outside on the lookout.
I became hysterical while watching the video. If the victim was my child, I would have been charged with something because I would have gone over the little 'biotches' house and had a confrontation of my own.
This type of crime literally makes me sick.

Okay Philamena - I'm not watching the video, I'm just gonna take your word for it. It is so sad that kids do this. I think the parents of the kids need to be held accountable also. And I think the parents of the injured child should bring a civil action against all those involved. When they get out of jail, they can spend the next 20 years working to pay off the judgment this girl receives.

Salem

Salem,
hey there!
Oh man, the video made me sick, made me get an actual stomach ache. It's so hard for me to imagine what makes these 'fighting' girls tick. Why in heaven's name is their dad blaming the victim?

0407polk1.jpg

Because Dad knows he is going to be facing some big billllllllls and he is looking for a defense to get his unmannered/hard @#!*ed kid off the hook!

Salem

Well they do look good in orange, don't they:rolleyes: Thanks for that link, Philamena. I could handle their pictures, but I don't want to see the pounding.:eek:

Salem

Because Dad knows he is going to be facing some big billllllllls and he is looking for a defense to get his unmannered/hard @#!*ed kid off the hook!

Salem

Salem,
we agree again.

Read this...
His daughter, who suffered a concussion, has permanent hearing loss in her left ear and blurred vision in her left eye, he said. She also has nightmares. "She's scared. She's upset," he said.

and this.....
Three girls - Hardcastle, Brittany Mayes, 17, and Mercades Nichols, 17 - also are charged with felony kidnapping, the sheriff's office said. Judd said the girls drove Lindsay around and threatened to beat her again if she reported what occurred to law enforcement. Then they dropped her off at an intersection.

Sheriff Judd called it one of the most disturbing videos he has seen in a long time and he hopes all those arrested will be tried as adults. The teens face charges ranging from felony battery, false imprisonment to kidnapping. The sheriff says the attackers "were relentless".
Judd says the teens showed no remorse after their arrests.

"When they were in a holding cell, they were all laughing," Judd stated. "One of the teens arrested, who is a cheerleader, asked, 'Does this mean I'm going to miss cheerleading practice tomorrow?' The others were cutting up and said, 'It looks like we won't be going to the beach this weekend.'"

I can't even say what I'd like to see happen to them.

The victims mom talks to reporters at this link.
http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/..._taped_beating_of_girl_posted_on_myspace.html

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/..._taped_beating_of_girl_posted_on_myspace.html

I really wish I hadn't watched that... how awful.

I hope they are kept behind bars for long enough that they no longer find it amusing.:furious: :furious: Words fail me.

think they'll be charged with some form of attempted murder? they beat her till she was unconscious and then when she came too, beat her more. if i was a prosecutor, id try damn hard to charge them with anything i could.

according to the cops, not only did the vic have a concussion and 2 black eyes, but she LOST hearing in her left ear and SIGHT in her left eye.

one of the mom's spoke on the today show. she defended her daughter, but not in a way that attacked the vic. she said that her daughter warned her before she came into the house (and that a neighbor witness this). she also said that her daughter should have called 911 and was ashamed that she failed to do so.

I swear if my daughter was involved with something like this I promise you when I came to get her from the police station I would be carrying a belt with all intentions on using it I dont care how old she was.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back