Oregon trying to send another foster child back to Mexico with nonrelatives

I can't get the video to come up, it's not the link it's my computer. But I want to know just how are they saying that this child is due to be deported? Is the parent that is blood-related to the other children an illegal alien? Still, if it was born in the US it would be a citizen.

If you can find a text version, would you please post it here? Thanks.

I can't get the video to come up, it's not the link it's my computer. But I want to know just how are they saying that this child is due to be deported? Is the parent that is blood-related to the other children an illegal alien? Still, if it was born in the US it would be a citizen.

If you can find a text version, would you please post it here? Thanks.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/17444484.html

HILLSBORO, Ore. – The state of Oregon may try to take a 2-year-old girl from her grandparents in Hillsboro and send her to Mexico to live with relatives of her half-siblings – people she doesn't know.
State officials say they aim to keep the three children together, a move that the grandparents, Luz and Maurice Cephus, are fighting.
The girl at the center of the conflict is 23-month-old Faith Cephus. Her grandparents, (pictured below) who became the girl's certified foster parents, want to adopt her but are living in fear of losing her.

Here you go.:)

This appears to be a twisted example of the alleged bias of Social Services in favor a child's mother over any other relative being taken to a ridiculous extreme. The "logic" appears to be that a child should be with her mother but that since the mother is in jail than the mother's closest relative should have prevalence over any of the child's father's relatives regardless of the fact that the child doesn't even know them and has been the foster child of her paternal grandparents all her life. Makes very little sense.

Thanks for the link. Don't know what I did (or didn't) to this stupid machine to make it not play videos.

This really makes no sense to me at all. If this were a married couple (not in prison) these children would STILL not be with the same parent 100% of the time. They are half-brothers/sisters. That means that they have different parents that would normally share time.

With the parents being in prison and losing rights, I'm assuming that they are in for felony cases and long-term sentences. Why would they want to take the baby away from the people who are raising it. If there's nothing wrong with the way they are caring for the child, then let them adopt her. They SHOULD have more rights to her than the family of some strange man that fathered children with her mother before she was even born!

What a country that we live in when people with protocol stuck up places I can't say on here nicely try to decide that a child should live with a stranger because a mother has children with multiple men. LET THE FATHER'S PARENTS HAVE HER! SHE IS BLOODLINE TIED TO THEM! If it was the mother's family, I could see it. But not for the family of a man she would really have no reason to know.

Thanks for the link. Don't know what I did (or didn't) to this stupid machine to make it not play videos.

This really makes no sense to me at all. If this were a married couple (not in prison) these children would STILL not be with the same parent 100% of the time. They are half-brothers/sisters. That means that they have different parents that would normally share time.

With the parents being in prison and losing rights, I'm assuming that they are in for felony cases and long-term sentences. Why would they want to take the baby away from the people who are raising it. If there's nothing wrong with the way they are caring for the child, then let them adopt her. They SHOULD have more rights to her than the family of some strange man that fathered children with her mother before she was even born!

What a country that we live in when people with protocol stuck up places I can't say on here nicely try to decide that a child should live with a stranger because a mother has children with multiple men. LET THE FATHER'S PARENTS HAVE HER! SHE IS BLOODLINE TIED TO THEM! If it was the mother's family, I could see it. But not for the family of a man she would really have no reason to know.

I know is this not totally insane. She is not even related to these people and they live in a third world country that she is not a citizen of. She is with her fathers parents and she loves them and calls them mom and dad. It would be devestating for them to take her away to live with strangers that are the grandparents of her half siblings. I hope the family court judge sees how stupid this is.

Where are the half siblings now? If they haven't been staying with the grandparents the last couple of years the baby doesn't even know them. They are trying to totally ruin this child's life. The grandparents probably shouldn't have bothered trying to be foster parents, done without any care payments, and went for total custody with adoption after one year.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back