Injured Baby Zebra Found Along Interstate Near Atlanta

Grazing nonchalantly after falling off a truck and being hit by another vehicle? Tough kid :eek:

Nice to hear he's being well taken care of :)

awww..poor thing! So..how did it get there? Do people keep zebras as pets in Atlanta or something? :confused:

Awwwwww, poor Evidence. What a beautiful baby. Noah's Ark rocks. I too wonder where he came from. Why isn't anyone claiming the lil guy?

I read about this...poor baby zebra.
I travel that interstate alot...I can't even imagine the shock of seeing a zebra on it!!!

LOL there was a COPS episode where an emu was loose on the interstates in ATL...
My husband looked at it (it almost seemed like it was grinning) and screamed "what the HELL is THAT?"
It was SO funny.

Poor baby. What a tough little guy...after such a rough start. I am glad to hear he has a forever home waiting for him!

He was probably on his way to an exotic animal sale.

Poor baby. What a tough little guy...after such a rough start. I am glad to hear he has a forever home waiting for him!

He was probably on his way to an exotic animal sale.

There is the Wild Animal Safari near Calloway Gardens in south Georgia. They have zebras. Surely someone somewhere was expecting him!

Awwww, poor little Evidence (cool name). He's so precious in that picture, I'm glad that Noah's Ark was able to take him in and that the Auburn school vets performed surgery to save his life. How precious. Prayers that he has a wonderful life ahead of him.

Makes me so proud to be an Auburn Tiger!!!! =) Now I'm a zebra fan, too!!!

Awww....little Evidence. :)

Poor little baby.
Something about this smells...and it's not passing the test.
Baby animals, near extinction should NOT be riding in the back of a truck unharnessed.

Red Palmer has some zebras just outside of Atlanta. (Nice guy, but he is getting older--if he's still alive. I haven't seen him in years.) Occasionally, he had trouble with teens trying to get onto his property for pranks. It could be one of his.
We learned from a guy who owns a mountain lion over in SC that SC does not have many laws regarding "exotic pets." It's possible it came from there. It's about 90 miles from the SC line to Atlanta on I-85.

My guess is it was an illegally "owned" zebra so no way the "owner" is going to show up to claim it.

He is so beautiful.

Sigh. My secret desire is to work at a zoo. I'd probably get mauled trying to pet something I shouldn't, though.

:laugh: :laugh:
...snip...My secret desire is to work at a zoo. I'd probably get mauled trying to pet something I shouldn't, though.

I almost spit my coffee out.

The Zebra may not be from GA.. Could have been a delivery from some other state ... Like FL.

Whoever owned it would have to legally have it and be selling to someone who can legally own it... MY guess is that they were not.

Cute little thing!!

My friend had Zebras (legally) and we could ride them.. They were just very social and sweet natured.

Aweee!! What a cutie!!!

(and on an immature note: Butts County?? HAHAHA!!! :D)

Poor little baby.
Something about this smells...and it's not passing the test.
Baby animals, near extinction should NOT be riding in the back of a truck unharnessed.

There are exotic animal sales all over....if I wanted a lion cub or zebra tomorrow I could get one. You just need to know where to look and have the cash.

Shame on people who treat any animal like a commidity. All you have to do is spend time with pretty much any animal and you know they have feelings they are not THINGS. Okay, that's my tree hugging, earth mother rant for the day. :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back