VA - Rev. James Bevel for raping teen daughter, Loudoun County, 2004

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
The Reverend James Bevel who is an iconic figure in the civil rights movement and was a top aide of Martin King's has been found guilty of incest. The Reverend's daughter came forth with allegations that her father raped her some fifteen years ago when she was a teen. The good Reverend didn't out and out admit it during a taped conversation between him and the daughter, but reminded her it was his duty to teach her "The Science Of Marriage". This daughter is one of sixteen of the Reverend's children he has with several women. This poor woman. I can't even begin to fathom how difficult that trial was for her.http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/lu...icted-of-incest/2008/04/11/1207856769339.html

We all know she isn't his first or last victim. :(

We all know she isn't his first or last victim. :(

That thought immediately crossed my mind. That lady is one brave soul to have told though. He's like 71 years old so who knows what his sentence will be?

Kudos for her. This has GOT TO STOP. More people need to speak out. The abuser has always told the abused that if they tell, then they will be the one at fault, blah, blah, blah. All part of the abuse.
I don't care how old the perv is, send his *advertiser censored* to jail and throw away the key.

The Reverend James Bevel who is an iconic figure in the civil rights movement and was a top aide of Martin King's has been found guilty of incest. The Reverend's daughter came forth with allegations that her father raped her some fifteen years ago when she was a teen. The good Reverend didn't out and out admit it during a taped conversation between him and the daughter, but reminded her it was his duty to teach her "The Science Of Marriage".

This statement (that I bolded) literally turned by stomach! I pray that this man rots in prison. :furious:

So I can only assume that he gave the same lesson to all of his daughters :( What a disgusting piece of trash!
How brave for this woman to come forward, I hope she is able to heal and have a bright future ahead of her.

VB

This statement (that I bolded) literally turned by stomach! I pray that this man rots in prison. :furious:

Oh this cat he had lots of backward theories on how it was a parents duty to introduce the offspring to sex. It made me ill as well, Tempusfugit. Considering he has 16 offspirng I do believe he thought it his duty many times.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects
Back