Warren Jeffs FLDS compound in Texas surrounded by police #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostlylurking
Thanks for the link guys -- biased toward LDS, yes. But, as per the snip from wikepedia below, it is owned by LDS not FLDS as noted in the post above. I believe that is a significant difference -JMO.

The Deseret Morning News is a newspaper published in Salt Lake City, Utah, and is Utah's oldest continually published daily newspaper. It has the second largest daily circulation in the state behind The Salt Lake Tribune. The Deseret Morning News is owned by Deseret News Publishing Company, a subsidiary of Deseret Management Corporation, which is a for-profit business holdings company owned by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (widely known as the Mormon or LDS Church).

Reposting this here so it gets seen

Ok but they are the only paper allowed in the compound, they are the only paper that has gotten NEGATIVE phone calls towards the state, They are the only one who is reporting all the NEGATIVE things first and foremost before they even consider reporting the good of the raid. In my opinion, they are trying to make the state look bad, and the FDLS, members the good people. If you read all the comments on the stories, I am sure you will see the same way. Its alla botu violatring the constitutional rights, and texas should be sued, and on and on and on. There are very few comments Supporting Texas.

Also I have wrote several comments supporting Texas. And only 3 oif the 20 comments I have written have been published. More comments that are negative to the state are the ones that are getting published. And this is not just happening to me, There have been several people who have complained that there comments in support of the state are not getting published, but all the others bashing the state are.

Watching, waiting, hoping the children have been rescued from a lifetime of purgatory within that compound. :blowkiss:

Ladybass --
Not questioning the biased reporting, just the ownership. Having that as a misstatement can rile up a buch of folks who don't need further "riling".

Given all that you have shared of your life, I hope you do get to go down there to counter some of the brainwashing.

Ladybass --
Not questioning the biased reporting, just the ownership. Having that as a misstatement can rile up a buch of folks who don't need further "riling".

Given all that you have shared of your life, I hope you do get to go down there to counter some of the brainwashing.

I will be going down after the 17th once they know how many kids theya re working with. Will update that situation as I knwo more.

What scares me is that these young children have been sexualized at such an early age, and now some will be in foster homes. We've all heard the horror stories about those situations. I fear there will be some sexually abused even in the foster environment, especially if they think what's being done is acceptable behavior by grown men.

There needs to be some very firm instructions to these children that what they've gone through is not right.

I will be going down after the 17th once they know how many kids theya re working with. Will update that situation as I knwo more.

I wish all good things for you and what you will do.

I feel we really DO need some clarification here. It would appear, per the Wikepedia information on Deseret News, that the newspaper is owned by the LDS church through subsidiary companies. It's the oldest newspaper in the state and is considered conservative in it's reporting.

The Deseret News has NO affiliation with the FLDS.

It would appear that in reading the comments from readers of the newspaper, that there are FLDS supporters/sympathizers among the newspaper's readership.

Excellent points, mysteriew!

In the desertnews article

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695270102,00.html

Kids getting sick. Again the chicken pox issue, incubation period would have been prior to the children being taken into custody. And yes, kids placed close together in an envirment will pass minor illnesses around. Most mothers who have multiple kids, kids in day care or going to schools know that.

Crying children. Anybody ever have a kid go to camp? Or going to stay with grandparents? Sometimes they do get homesick at night. And yes, one crying kid will often being a round of crying in the other children- many parents note that when they have kids in day care. Not peculiar to these kids.

The "Dorothy" that talks seems resentful that she has to comfort kids. If she doesn't like it, she can go home.

Workers walk the shelter at night. I have worked in a hospital and in emergency shelters. Yes, sometimes you have to respond to needs at night. Sometimes you have persons who are wakeful. Sometimes you need to check on ones that may appear to be becoming ill. Had they not done that the FLDS would call them neglectful.

Children in close contact, causing delays in putting the kids down at night. Yes, probably true.

Most of the complaints the FLDS are making would be true of almost every abused child who is removed from their parents. Except in this case, some of the parents were allowed to go with them. Instead of counting their blessings about that, they are complaining.

Dunno, but it seems like admin want the last thread to continue.

It doesn't look like anyone's on right now. That last thread is waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy past the point of needing to be locked.

I feel we really DO need some clarification here. It would appear, per the Wikepedia information on Deseret News, that the newspaper is owned by the LDS church through subsidiary companies. It's the oldest newspaper in the state and is considered conservative in it's reporting.

The Deseret News has NO affiliation with the FLDS.

It would appear that in reading the comments from readers of the newspaper, that there are FLDS supporters/sympathizers among the newspaper's readership.

It really is a head scratcher, isn't it? i don't know the truth of the matter, but relatives do run deep.

Floh, thanks for bringing that over. I was writing a second one while you all were opening the new thread and I wasn't aware of it.

My point is that alone, the articles are heartrending. But when you look at each point, their complaints are mostly either baseless or a condition of their own making.

Floh, thanks for bringing that over. I was writing a second one while you all were opening the new thread and I wasn't aware of it.

My point is that alone, the articles are heartrending. But when you look at each point, their complaints are mostly either baseless or a condition of their own making.

The last post you made is greatly worthy of you bringing over, IMO. :blowkiss:

LinasK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymalone
http://www.childbrides.org/Memo_In_S..._11_6_2007.pdf

I mentioned yesterday that Warren Jeffs was still in control of the Texas group through Merrill Jessop and this is the court document I referred to. While behind bars he was and probably still is calling the shots IMO. Even though he made the statements that he was no longer the prophet those he talked to thought he was testing them. He also decreed that two families were to switch places.

I only read the first 5 pages, but he ordered them to destroy their "dictations from him" and was going to give his wife Naomi away to another after she was re-baptized!
Not just her but all of his wives. Merrill Jessop is thought to have 20 wives and in an article I posted yesterday the journalist called Warren Jeffs the man with eighty wives. Wasn't Naomi the one who was in the car when he was arrested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie