OH - Man Accused Of Handcuffing New Bride In Cage

White Rain

Reaction score
Ummm can we say "annulment" and "GET THE HELL OUTTA DODGE."
10 to 0ne she'll stay with him.

A man is accused of handcuffing his wife inside a dog cage days after they were married in Las Vegas.
Canton police Lt. Greg Boudreaux says 28-year-old Matthew George also fired gunshots inside the home. His wife, Mary Swihart, was not injured.
George was found in a car pulled to the side of the road early Sunday in neighboring Springfield Township. Boudreaux says George had taken a large number of pills and was hospitalized at Akron City Hospital.
A spokeswoman says George wasn't at the hospital Monday.
Boudreaux says charges of abduction, assault and domestic violence are pending.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351259,00.html

My bet is she'll stay with him. My ex started having a flashback from Vietnam after we left a bar. I was wearing a one piece bathing suit w/ cut offs. I was driving because he was too drunk. He pulled my top strap down from one arm trying to undress me. He pretty much pushed me into the apartment where he pulled my cut offs off and got out a knife and cute my suit off of me and raped me. You think that would have opened my eyes, but NO! He apologized how he can't talk or see war movies and was so sorry because he'll have back flashes that cause him to go crazy. I lived w/ him for over 3 yrs and STILL married him. I can't explain why women stay w/ abuse, be it physical or verbal because I did.

My bet is she'll stay with him. My ex started having a flashback from Vietnam after we left a bar. I was wearing a one piece bathing suit w/ cut offs. I was driving because he was too drunk. He pulled my top strap down from one arm trying to undress me. He pretty much pushed me into the apartment where he pulled my cut offs off and got out a knife and cute my suit off of me and raped me. You think that would have opened my eyes, but NO! He apologized how he can't talk or see war movies and was so sorry because he'll have back flashes that cause him to go crazy. I lived w/ him for over 3 yrs and STILL married him. I can't explain why women stay w/ abuse, be it physical or verbal because I did.

Oh wow, I'm so sorry. You're SUCH a brave person.
My mom stayed with the crap as well...it only made me more stronger as a child...swore I'd never put up with a man like her....
And I haven't YET, although I let some cheating pass with my first ex. Never again though.

Ugh, I hope she doesn't stay with him but some women seem to want to be victims. I don't understand and flame away but there is NO reason for a woman to stay with a crazy abusive man.

Wow. Just wow. I highly doubt this guys behavior just became like this after they got married. Locked her in a cage? I don't understand the dynamics of abusive relationships myself, but I'm sure it's complicated. Now he's in the hospital?

April 2008:

Canton Police came to Matthew George's home after a 911 call from Mary Swihart's father telling police shots were fired in the home.

"There's a baby there," Patrick Swihart told the dispatcher. "She just got married to this clown."...

"It's very bizarre," Cole, a police veteran of 25 years, said. "She told our officers that for approximately four days she was held captive inside the cage by her husband."

The incident was a shock to neighbor Daniel Donovan.

"I was very surprised," Donovan said. "I was friendly with Matt and never, ever would have dreamed that that sort of thing was going on."

http://www.wgem.com/story/8508318/bride-in-cage

Bbm :floorlaugh:

"She was handcuffed inside the cage for two to four hours at a time. He would release her and re-handcuff her on the outside of the cage and let the two dogs they have inside the cage," Canton Police Lieutenant Jim Cole said.

The husband, Matthew George, has been charged with abduction, felonious assault, domestic violence and child endangerment.

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/17810824.html?device=phone&c=y

[Frank Forchione, city prosecutor] said he believed George and Swihart had been in a relationship for several years.

In November 2006, George was charged with domestic violence after he kept Swihart from leaving during an argument. George wanted Swihart to return an engagement ring he had given her, Forchione said.

George pleaded no contest to a reduced charge of disorderly conduct and was ordered to get counseling, which he completed, court records show. Swihart had wanted prosecutors to drop the charge and filed a motion asking the judge to lift a no-contact order “so we can be a family again.”
There was nothing in that case foreshadowing these latest allegations, Forchione said.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...CCQwAw&usg=AFQjCNHjLCDNc79u4KmJ1aem1ygb9RGuvA

July 2008:

A jury in Canton took 90 minutes to acquit a man charged with handcuffing his bride in a dog cage and shooting at her just days after they were married...

The defense accused the bride of concocting the story to avoid losing custody of her son because George had threatened to turn her in for alleged welfare fraud and drug use.

http://www.wthr.com/story/8660996/ohio-man-acquitted-of-caging-shooting-at-his-wife

Wait... How on earth could the case go to a jury trial so quickly? And why did George run off and overdose if he was innocent? And who fired the shots? :thinking:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back