Man Grows Bark Like a Tree

There was a documentary, about him and his condition -- as well as others who suffer with this as well.

Oh wow.....this must be so difficult to live with. Amazing. I know, not very profound on my part but I've never heard of this and I'm just..speechless.

I've never seen anything so crazy. He had to quit has job and join a freak show to make $$$$$.

On the show I watched, he was really close friends with the other freaks. But, they demanded that he perform at one point rather than get treatment. Although, it was explained that all the families involved need the money they make from those shows. The other performers also had extreme deformities. :eek:

He had/has HPV which is contagious and it's curious that no one else living in close quarters with him contracted it.
If he does find someone to marry him I hope they get the vaccine if he is still harboring the virus.

Update on his condition after surgery: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/04/16/wtree116.xml

FYI from that link: His wife of ten years left him as it became impossible for him to support her and their two children. Late last year, however, Dede's plight was highlighted in a Discovery Channel documentary.

Dede's problem was that he has an extremely rare immune system deficiency, leaving his body unable to contain the warts.

d7.jpg

I feel compassion for Dede, and I hope that with surgery he can live as normal a life as possible. He seems to have a good attitude, he has tried to do the best he could despite his condition. I wish him the best.

Lion

He had/has HPV which is contagious and it's curious that no one else living in close quarters with him contracted it.
If he does find someone to marry him I hope they get the vaccine if he is still harboring the virus.
Which may or may not work, if it covers his strain of HPV and even then, it's not 100%.

OMG Even after the surgery pics ..are horrid! That's supposed to be a foot and hand? :eek: He can wear sandles???:confused: He's ecstatic? :eek: I feel so sorry for him...........good grief!

I sincerely hope he meets a wonderful girl who can see past his deformities and make him truly happy!

Awwww, this poor guy. I hate reading this kind of stuff because then I feel so guilty for the little crap I complain about. How dare I?

The real problem is that he has an extremely rare immune system deficiency. That's why the warts run rampant.
He's got so many warts. I have a surgical nurse friend who said she hates it when they remove warts because the virus is released into the air despite their best efforts to contain it. I wouldn't want to be the next patient in that room after that procedure.

That picture grossed me out!! and with 4 children (3 of them boys) that is a HUGE task!!

Who on earth lets their skin get that bad????

That picture grossed me out!! and with 4 children (3 of them boys) that is a HUGE task!!

Who on earth lets their skin get that bad????
Yeah, like - ya'know, what was he thinking?!?! :rolleyes:

Awwww, this poor guy. I hate reading this kind of stuff because then I feel so guilty for the little crap I complain about. How dare I?

Wow! That's exactly what I was thinking too or at least something along those lines. I feel so sorry for this man.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back