Man burned, temporarily blinded when rocket goes off in car

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
When it went off, the rocket shot to the ceiling of Shannon Kramer's car, ricocheted and dived between his legs, bursting into a display that burned hair and skin from the 35-year-old Jacksonville man.

In an interview from his hospital room at Shands Jacksonville Monday, Kramer said a prank Sunday night in Riverside went south when he lit the fuse on the 6-inch rocket, but wasn't able to get it out the window of the Mustang before a quick fuse lit the propellant.

Seconds later, after the rocket blasted around inside the car, Kramer was burned and temporarily blinded.

"I thought I was dead," he said. "I couldn't see, I couldn't hear. I went to stand up and I couldn't walk."

Kramer said he suffered second-degree burns and a cut on one leg. His eyelashes and a lot of body hair are gone and an outline mimicking his sandals is burned onto his feet.

"I thought they had shaved me when I woke up this morning," he said.

Jacksonville police were called to the explosion at 313 Herschel St. about 9:30 p.m. and told a man who had been threatening his girlfriend with a bomb had a mishap. Police were told Kramer and Diane Perez had been fighting during the day, according to a report.

http://jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/033004/met_15215660.shtml

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77