VT VT - Donald Messier, 34, Waitsfield, 15 Oct 2006

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
link
Waterbury Man is Missing

Waitsfield, Vermont - October 19, 2006

A Waterbury family is hoping for answers after their loved one disappeared this weekend

There's certainly not a lot of information in that article, IMO. I wonder if they've found his truck. Kinda hard to hide a big, red truck! I hope it's not another case of someone partying too hard, getting behind the wheel of their vehicle and driving off the road somewhere. JMHO.

Here is an article from 10/15/07. There is more info on this. Although an article was in my local paper today about Donald, there is no online link to it.
What the article says is that hunters will be about in the woods for hunting season and hunters should look for any clues to Donalds whereabouts.

Here is the link to the 10/15/07 article;

Waterbury man missing since last year recalled by friends at gathering

Also, here is a link to an article from last year asking hunters to look out for Donald.

Police ask hunters to look out for missing man

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Donald's photo;

013834.jpg

From this link;
Click here for link

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Here is a video that I found of Donald.
It is important because you see Donald's interest and most important, you hear his speaking voice. He has a distinguished voice. It is not like you would envision him to sound when you see his photo.
I wish that when a missing person is listed, the voice of that person could be added also if a family member has a recording of the missing person's voice. Even if it is their voice from a voicemail recording.

I feel that addong a person's voice is an important tool.

Here is the link to Donald's video;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkdeiuNCF4U

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

http://timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071015/NEWS01/710150351/1002/NEWS01
Waterbury man missing since last year recalled by friends at gathering

By Peter Hirschfeld Times Argus Staff - Published: October 15, 2007

WATERBURY – Donald Messier didn't disappear into thin air. And that's about all anybody knows about what happened to the well-loved Waterbury man.

Messier, a 34-year-old Harwood graduate, was last seen one year ago today after leaving a party in Waitsfield.

Statewide police bulletins have come up empty, and hundreds of volunteer search hours by family, friends and hunters have yet to offer even an inkling of his whereabouts. At a potluck dinner held in his honor Saturday, Messier's friends said they're still waiting for closure.

"He had such a good sense of humor and bubbly personality. Real happy-go-lucky guy," said Dennis Lafarr. "That's the mystery part for me. Doesn't seem like him to take off like that."

The party, held at the American Legion in Waterbury, was intended as an upbeat tribute to a man known here as "Donnie." A shrine with dozens of photographs charted Messier's life from infancy. The "gentle giant," friends said, enjoyed good times.

"To me he was golden," said Dick Poupart, whose children attended school with Messier. "He was always happy. Always in a good mood."

Messier, fresh off a painful divorce, wasn't in good emotional shape when he disappeared, according to his sister, Amy Currier. And family members say the former employee at Green Mountain Coffee Roasters had never been one to stray far from home. His Ford pickup truck hasn't been seen since he left, and neither his cell phone nor his bank accounts have been used.

Currier said investigating authorities at the Vermont State Police have no new leads, though they plan an aerial search once trees are bare. Police do not suspect foul play.

"I feel I owe it to him to find him one way or another and bring him home," Currier said. "It's one sibling's job to look out for the other."

Messier said the fruitless searches have been frustrating and that the lack of closure has weighed heavily on the family.

"A piece of me is missing until he's found," Currier said.

Messier was last seen wearing blue jeans with a plaid black-and-blue button-up type shirt. Police are looking for leads in locating either Messier or his vehicle, a red 1997 Ford F-150 pick-up truck with a Vermont license plate BGG890 and a NASCAR number displayed in the rear window.

Anyone with information about Messier's whereabouts is asked to call Vermont State Police at (802) 229-9191.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P3-1378521851.html

VERMONT STATE POLICE SEEKS INFORMATION FOR MISSING PERSON - DONALD MESSIER

Article from: US Fed News Service, Including US State News
Article date: November 5, 2007

The Vermont State Police issued the following news release:

The Vermont State Police is still seeking information regarding the whereabouts of Donald Messier (age 34) of Waterbury Center, VT. Donald Messier has been missing since last year; October 15, 2006.

Family members reported Donald Messier missing on October 18, 2006. Messier was last seen at a party in Waitsfield in the early morning hours of Sunday 10/15/06 and this was the last time he was seen by anyone. There is no information to suggest foul play at this time.

If anyone is interested, the Donald Messier case file has been released by the Vermont State Police. It is highly redacted, but there is a significant amount of additional information in it. A lot of the information expands on information that was reported in the recent Vanished podcast episode about the case. There is some speculation about a damaged vehicle discovered after the disappearance, along with additional tips received about a menacing neighbor, and rumors of vehicles buried in a local quarry. Makes for an interesting read, if you are interested in the case.

https://www.muckrock.com/foi/vermont-80/donald-messier-case-file-31479/#files

If anyone is interested, the Donald Messier case file has been released by the Vermont State Police. It is highly redacted, but there is a significant amount of additional information in it. A lot of the information expands on information that was reported in the recent Vanished podcast episode about the case. There is some speculation about a damaged vehicle discovered after the disappearance, along with additional tips received about a menacing neighbor, and rumors of vehicles buried in a local quarry. Makes for an interesting read, if you are interested in the case.

https://www.muckrock.com/foi/vermont-80/donald-messier-case-file-31479/#files
I'm halfway through it and though much is redacted, it certainly is interesting.
It's a slightly confusing read but did I see that his car had bullet-holes on the fender? If so, that's odd.
I kind of lean towards the theory that he was a bit intoxicated and drove into a body of water etc accidentally, or on purpose. It takes a really dedicated, skilled underwater search expert to find cars, especially years later. A young lady who went missing I believe this year, Toni Anderson, was searched for pretty thoroughly. Only when an underwater search expert husband and wife team got on the case did they find her car. It was covered with muck, therefore incredibly hard to determine. One has to be pretty skilled and know what exactly to look for. I think this may be the case, but the fact that Donnie's car had been shot up makes me wonder....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm halfway through it and though much is redacted, it certainly is interesting.
It's a slightly confusing read but did I see that his car had bullet-holes on the fender? If so, that's odd.
I kind of lean towards the theory that he was a bit intoxicated and drove into a body of water etc accidentally, or on purpose. It takes a really dedicated, skilled underwater search expert to find cars, especially years later. A young lady who went missing I believe this year, Toni Anderson, was searched for pretty thoroughly. Only when an underwater search expert husband and wife team got on the case did they find her car. It was covered with muck, therefore incredibly hard to determine. One has to be pretty skilled and know what exactly to look for. I think this may be the case, but the fact that Donnie's car had been shot up makes me wonder....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I was just listening to the Vanished Podcast episode on Donnie and then looked at the documents linked above. I just wanted to clarify that the vehicle shot up, wasn't Donnie's, it was Mia's (spelling) I believe. Donnie's truck hasn't been found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back