CNN Journalist Faces Meth Charges

I really hate to see otherwise very smart educated people do really ignorant things. Hopefully he can kick his disgusting habit and get his life back.

Richard Quest is one of the most instantly recognizable members of the CNN team; covering an extensive range of breaking news and business stories, as well as feature programming, he has become one of the network’s highest profile presenters. Quest is firmly established as an expert on business travel issues and currently works as a CNN anchor and correspondent. His regular programs include ‘CNN Business Traveller’, as well as his own hour-long feature program, ‘Quest’.

http://edition.cnn.com/CNN/anchors_reporters/quest.richard.html

THIS is what he threw away. I could say, "How sad!" or "Poor Fella!".

I can only say I think he was irresponsible, stupid, and has to deal with the fallout from his actions. He should be a poster boy of what goes right and then terribly wrong when you decide to do this poison. He has to deal with the choices he made.

LOL, Morag...hmmm. I wonder what the sex toy was in his boot? Ouch. (and pew!)

http://news.aol.com/entertainment/t...t-kinkier-than-just-meth/20080418154809990002

Apparently he had a oooh, uh, I just can't bring myself to type this:blushing: :blushing: kinky arrangement involving a rope and his errrr...manly bits. Please click the link to preserve my modesty.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: WTH?!?! Sorry...but never heard of that one before. His attorney said he was just walking home with friends and didn't know the park had a curfew. ROFLMAO Walking home with a rope tied around his neck and his nads?! Riiiiight. Sure. I believe it. :rolleyes: Then again, maybe his "friends" were just out walking their pet reporter. LOL

I'm sure he was "Cruising" the park for sex. State parks (especially Central Park) are notorious for gay men looking for casual sex partners. Here in Nashville, 2 popular parks have installed cameras to curb people doing illegal things in the parks and to stop people from having sex in them.

I am all for gay marriage and have no issues with this guy but come on! You have a house or hotel room. Keep it private!

SS, "pet reporter" LOL

Maybe they were just coming home from a fetish club.

I wonder what CNN will do. Will he be fired over a misdemeanor drug charge?

Oh I am sure the cops are having a field day with that. I'm wondering as well if they will fire the guy? He's going to seek treatment so maybe not. Meth is a scourge on the gay community and has been for years. Obviously that dude was not thinking thanks to that meth. In the park in the early morning with a rope on and meth in your pocket. Very risky.

Filly, how has meth been a scourge on the gay community anymore than another? Seriously, I'm just wondering what you meant by that. Is it a drug of choice?

All I know is he has been hyper for years and I couldn't stand to watch his broadcasts. His personal life is his business but his cable life was mine to choose and I didn't watch him or his comments but promptly switched to something else when he appeared.

Filly, how has meth been a scourge on the gay community anymore than another? Seriously, I'm just wondering what you meant by that. Is it a drug of choice?

Second to alcohol. Yeah, it's a big deal, TM. Inhabitions lowered. Speeding your rear off. Clubs. Lots of partners. No protected sex. Since the late 90's the gay community has been working together to make people aware. It's a nasty, nasty drug as we know. I've read and heard testaments from gay men that I know personally that it's a great drug when you have low self-esteem. Builds ya up. Go dancing. Cruise. Wind up with a disease besides an addiction. Then again I guess ya'd count the addiction as a disease. There's a guy named Jay Davenport I think his name is. He's from Philly and was a meth addict. Really handsome guy. Ruined his life, but now helps others. Honestly I was thinking "Man, it used to be just poppers and qualudes and now this crystal meth". I'm so glad I am old.

Aw, I did not know all that. Thanks, Filly. :blowkiss:

Aw, I did not know all that. Thanks, Filly. :blowkiss:

No problemo, chica. I made a mistake. I know it's truly so seldom. LOL The guy's name is Jay Dagenhart. He paints a real clear picture of the why's and how's and such. Just in case anyone was interested. He wound up bankrupt, homeless, arrested, HIV positive. There's a whole thing goes along with the meth use that supposedly these guys purposely try to contract HIV. Therefore, unprotected sex. Plus ya wind up tricking yourself out so you'll do most anything. I don't understand it, but maybe this news guy was on that road? Here's Jay's site.http://www.jaydagenhart.com/

GOOD lordy...he threw his career away for a few rocks of speed and---- a rope around his...yaknow. Never heard of that either.

His career may not be over. However, he's gonna be the brunt of a ton of jokes that's for sure. Maybe I should research this rope to the genitals thing.I bet it has a name. Where the heck is KatK? She knows about all kinds of stuff. She's my #1 on the spot chick since the furries thread. I'm sorry I don't mean to make light of this poor guy's addiction and sex life.

Fuilly,
Go reasearch it and let us know what you find out. ;)

Oh boy. I was looking it up, and all that was coming up was about this guy. LOL Then the more I researched it got disturbing. Phewie I tell ya, Philamena. I'm laughing my head off over here. I don't know what other words to google besides rope, neck, genitals. No matter what way I look it up it's gonna be weird.

Hmmm, I like Morag's "manly bits". Go for it, Filly: rope, neck, manly bits.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back