PA - Jeffrey Steigerwalt for raping 13yo girl, Carbon County, 2005

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Jeffrey Steigerwalt of upstate, PA didn't bother to come to his sentencing even though he had plead guilty to raping a then 13 year old girl. The 26 year old Steigerwalt was going to get a day less than a year considering he'd take a plea aggrement. Just wonderful. Now this poor girl who is only 15 has to worry about this louse being out there and everybody else is in danger.http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-b2_1noshow-r.6372131apr22,0,3450422.story

If the victim is telling the truth, and I'm in no way implying she isn't, why wouldn't they handle this as rape instead of letting him plea down to such a lesser charge? A day less than a year?? I'll bet he would only have had to serve 90 days. That's a shame, 90 days for rape.

OK, she's 15 NOW and the assault happened in August 2005. So she was 12?! And they dropped the "child rape" charge? :furious: :behindbar

What would be awesome is if the plea is rejected because he didn't show up, and they go back to the original charges and stick him in jail for a LONG time.

If the victim is telling the truth, and I'm in no way implying she isn't, why wouldn't they handle this as rape instead of letting him plea down to such a lesser charge? A day less than a year?? I'll bet he would only have had to serve 90 days. That's a shame, 90 days for rape.

Because our jails are overcrowded and the laws (and the lawyers) do not feel rape is "that" serious of a crime and rape of a child, oh please, they could really care less about that.
Think I am being crazy? Just look at the LESS THAN ONE YEAR sentence this man was going to get for RAPING a 12 year old. :furious: :furious:

he got more for skipping bail then for the crime.

ridiculous.

Could it be that a plea arrangement was made to protect the girl from having to re-live the whole thing at trial? Especially if it happened 3 years ago, and she's started moving on and healing. IDK

the state always makes plea deals with this type of garbage. it makes there jobs easier. till they get out again anyways.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back