Joanna Lumley: without plastic surgery

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
She's started with a beautiful canvas, so she's blessed, of course. she does show how to age gracefully, IMO.

She has said: "Growing older is inevitable and it seems silly to get worried about it."

"I love being called Granny. It's like becoming the elder of a village.

"We've all got a few more wrinkles, but who cares? If you always try to be kind, you'll look like the most beautiful person on Earth - and men will just fall at your feet."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ews.html?in_article_id=561199&in_page_id=1773

From the Article .....

"While the quest for cosmetic perfection can backfire - stand up Lisa Marie Presley, 62, former Knots Landing star Joan Van Ark, 64, and Jocelyn Wildenstein, 62 - Joanna is a refreshing pin-up for natural beauty"

Don't they mean Priscilla?

IMO the only one that looks decent out of those three is Priscilla, the others look horrid especially that one on the end. She just looks deformed. I would maybe consider getting a chemical peel but they took it wayyyyy too far.

Oh my, that page has some frightening pictures of once-beautiful women on it. I agree, Joanna Lumley looks pretty.

That one on the end is the infamous "Cat Lady" from NY, right?

From the Article .....

"While the quest for cosmetic perfection can backfire - stand up Lisa Marie Presley, 62, former Knots Landing star Joan Van Ark, 64, and Jocelyn Wildenstein, 62 - Joanna is a refreshing pin-up for natural beauty"

Don't they mean Priscilla?

Yes, I'm sure they do. I actually thought Priscilla looked beautiful on Dancing w/ the Stars.

If you always try to be kind, you'll look like the most beautiful person on Earth - and men will just fall at your feet."

I love what she said here...and find it to be so true!
Being kind and happy is beautiful at any age!

I admire her outlook and hope that I can age as well!

Those other three on the page look scary as hell! Especially the last one! If I saw her in a dark alley...I'd be like :eek: and run away!

It's just not natural to look so stretched. EWW!

I don't think Priscilla looks bad either. The article and picture captions stated it was Lisa Marie Presley age 62..

Actually the original of Joan VanArk uncropped unlike the one the article showed does not look bad.

Just looks like a 62 YO woman with makeup on.

I must wonder at the integrity of a newspaper that missed such an OBVIOUS mistake and yet published it.

Was it not just a few weeks ago that this same paper made fun of how fat Lisa Marie was (while pregnant)?

Oh and OT for one second... The same paper showed who they claim is Miley Ray Cirus in a cropped shirt with a Bra...
Anyone with vision could see that was in no way Miley.
The girl did look similar but I don't think it was her.

I remember discussing that pic of Joan here before. Someone said she must have had a recent procedure done to her face that turns it blue for a day or two. I guess makeup doesn't cover it very well! (Or was that another celebrity?!)

I remember discussing that pic of Joan here before. Someone said she must have had a recent procedure done to her face that turns it blue for a day or two. I guess makeup doesn't cover it very well! (Or was that another celebrity?!)

It was Joan, you remember right Taximom! :)

I don't think Priscilla looks bad either. The article and picture captions stated it was Lisa Marie Presley age 62..

Actually the original of Joan VanArk uncropped unlike the one the article showed does not look bad.

Just looks like a 62 YO woman with makeup on.

I must wonder at the integrity of a newspaper that missed such an OBVIOUS mistake and yet published it.

Was it not just a few weeks ago that this same paper made fun of how fat Lisa Marie was (while pregnant)?

Oh and OT for one second... The same paper showed who they claim is Miley Ray Cirus in a cropped shirt with a Bra...
Anyone with vision could see that was in no way Miley.
The girl did look similar but I don't think it was her.

Ha, yes! the Daily Mail is a scurrilous rag! it's all gone to the dogs since i stopped working for the group (once i did :eek: ).

they concentrate too much on gossip and show business and stirring folk up with anything to get readers in a lather nowadays. :rolleyes:

i got the complete season of Absolutely Fabulous recently and therefore Joanna Lumley is is to the forefront of my mind — she's hilarious. :D

Joanna Lumley is awesome. I loved her in Ab Fab. Remember her in James and the Giant Peach? Hilarious!

You may all have spotted i chose Joanna Lumley in a sardonic pose for my avatar a week or so ago. :)

My eyes, my eyes! :eek: The cat lady at the end scared the poop out of me. :eek:

I agree about Joanna. She's stunning.

I love Joanna Lumley, she's a great person and of course was beyond hilarious in AbFab. I think she's absolutely beautiful, that is how you look when you're 61, not wrinkle free!

I love Joanna Lumley, she's a great person and of course was beyond hilarious in AbFab. I think she's absolutely beautiful, that is how you look when you're 61, not wrinkle free!

She is hilarious. AbFab is one of my all-time favorite shows. I also saw her on the Graham Norton Show where she was talking about her inventions.

No plastic surgery does not necessarily mean no botox or no fillers. I think she's had both. But. yes, she looks great.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back