GUILTY KY - Grayci Barrows, newborn, Stanford hospital, 2 April 2004

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
STANFORD, Kentucky (AP) -- A newborn girl was taken from a hospital early Friday, authorities said. Police were questioning a suspect, a former hospital worker, but had not found the child.

An Amber Alert was issued after little Grayci Barrows was taken from Fort Logan Hospital in Stanford around 4 a.m. She was born Thursday.

A woman sought in connection with the abduction was apprehended at a truck stop on Interstate 65 near Franklin, state police said. The woman was taken into custody for questioning, but she was not immediately charged. The baby was not found in her vehicle or in her home, authorities said.

The FBI, along with local emergency and fire personnel are searching for the baby as far north as Lexington and south through Tennessee, State Police Sgt. Phil Crumpton said.

"We're searching anywhere and everywhere," Crumpton said. Franklin, where the woman was found, is close to the Tennessee line.

Harry Nickens, a spokesman for the hospital, said the woman who was detained worked part-time in an aide's position at the hospital for a short time. She was not involved in a custody dispute with the family, Nickens said. The baby's parents, whose names were not released, remained at the hospital.

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/US/South/04/02/baby.abducted.ap/index.html

I just read about this. So sad.. I cannot imagine having your baby snatched away from you hours after delivery. I hope to God they find her safe.

I about freaked when I first read this, a friend of mine in KY just had her little girl last week, even named her the same name, Gracie, but different spelling. Too weird.

BABY AND SUSPECT FOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STANFORD, Ky. (AP) - A newborn girl was taken from a hospital early Friday, and hours later an infant was found outside a business, authorities said. Police were questioning a suspect, a former hospital worker.

An Amber Alert was issued after little Grayci Barrows was taken from Fort Logan Hospital in Stanford around 4 a.m. She was born Thursday.

A passerby later found a newborn baby in an alleyway behind Grandma's Attic, a consignment shop in Franklin, and called police, State Police spokesman Nick Stephens said. Franklin is roughly 100 miles from Stanford.

The baby, umbilical cord still attached, was brought to the Medical Center at Bowling Green where fingerprints and footprints are being used to try to determine if it is Grayci, Stephens said.

The infant's description matched that of Grayci, said Doris Thomas, a spokeswoman for the Bowling Green hospital.

Earlier, Tanya Dionne Shelton was apprehended at a truck stop on Interstate 65 near Franklin, state police said. Shelton was taken into custody for questioning, but she was not immediately charged. The baby was not found in her vehicle or in her home, authorities said.

"We're searching anywhere and everywhere," State Police Sgt. Phil Crumpton said earlier. Franklin, where Shelton was found, is close to the Tennessee line.

Harry Nickens, a spokesman for the hospital, said Shelton worked part-time in an aide's position at the hospital for a short time. She was not involved in a custody dispute with the family, Nickens said. The baby's parents, whose names were not released, remained at the hospital.

Shelton came under suspicion because a witness saw her with a baby, Crumpton said.

Franklin Police Officer Chris Jackson said Shelton stopped at the Pilot Travel Plaza off I-65 and called a relative to complain about being named in the Amber Alert when someone at the truck stop overheard the conversation and called police. Police drove to the truck stop and found the woman, he said.

(Copyright 2004 by The Associated

What wonderful news!!! I am so glad Grayci was found before she froze, poor little thing! Her parents must be sooo relieved.

BABY AND SUSPECT FOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STANFORD, Ky. (AP) - A newborn girl was taken from a hospital early Friday, and hours later an infant was found outside a business, authorities said. Police were questioning a suspect, a former hospital worker.

A passerby later found a newborn baby in an alleyway behind Grandma's Attic, a consignment shop in Franklin, and called police, State Police spokesman Nick Stephens said. Franklin is roughly 100 miles from Stanford.

The baby, umbilical cord still attached, was brought to the Medical Center at Bowling Green where fingerprints and footprints are being used to try to determine if it is Grayci, Stephens said.

The infant's description matched that of Grayci, said Doris Thomas, a spokeswoman for the Bowling Green hospital.

Earlier, Tanya Dionne Shelton was apprehended at a truck stop on Interstate 65 near Franklin, state police said. Shelton was taken into custody for questioning, but she was not immediately charged. The baby was not found in her vehicle or in her home, authorities said.

"We're searching anywhere and everywhere," State Police Sgt. Phil Crumpton said earlier. Franklin, where Shelton was found, is close to the Tennessee line.

Harry Nickens, a spokesman for the hospital, said Shelton worked part-time in an aide's position at the hospital for a short time. She was not involved in a custody dispute with the family, Nickens said. The baby's parents, whose names were not released, remained at the hospital.

Shelton came under suspicion because a witness saw her with a baby, Crumpton said.

Franklin Police Officer Chris Jackson said Shelton stopped at the Pilot Travel Plaza off I-65 and called a relative to complain about being named in the Amber Alert when someone at the truck stop overheard the conversation and called police. Police drove to the truck stop and found the woman, he said.

(Copyright 2004 by The Associated

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back