DETECTIVES: Chris Jenkins murder connects dozens around country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woofie

The more people I meet the more I like my dog
Reaction score
I KNOW there was a thread on this somewhere-but I've searched and searched so I'm starting a new one. I guess I am forum challenged...

Could there be a calculated, cross-country plot to kill young college men, including some in Minnesota? It seems a little hard to believe, but two New York detectives say, they can prove it.

See the story at the link:
http://kstp.com/article/stories/s421846.shtml?v=1

How interesting. Many, many years ago I was interested in these "accidental" deaths around college campuses and worked on a spreadsheet with a lot of information about all the suspicious cases. I gave it up because LE in different areas was insistent these were just drunk college boys falling into local rivers.

The family and friends of some of these boys have been fighting FOR YEARS for LE to take this seriously. I'm glad someone finally has. Hooray for these detectives!

Thanks for the info, Woofie.

The video at that link gave me goosebumps. I had no idea those wonderful detectives have been doing this on their own time, and with their money. That's amazing.

OH my GOD. A "smiley face" left as a killer's trademark? I hope they catch this killer/gang of killers. God be with them.

That was really interesting. I have felt that all these college men missing may be linked together. Brian Shaffer, Kyle Fleishman(sp?) and others we read and post about on this website.

God Bless those detectives and I am definitely going to read up on all those links this weekend.

Could this be what happened to Nick Garza in Vermont?

Taximom - if you still have your old spreadsheet, these detectives might be interested in seeing it. Even though it is not updated, you may have been tracking something that they have not and when seeing it, it may be helpful to them.

Creepy! I've heard of this connection before, but I'm so glad these detectives have been doing the legwork to figure this out.

I think that Paul Shuman-Moore might be related to these cases. He disappeared from Grinnell, Iowa where he was a student at Grinnell College. His body was later discovered in a swimming pool. http://users.rcn.com/shumanmo/

Godspeed to these detectives and other LE to bring these victims justice!

I've been wondering that myself, Salem. Most of the information was garnered off the internet news articles and the blogs about the cases (from the families). It's on my old pc which crashed a few years ago. My brother fixed it up (he says) but I have never hooked it back up.

I'll see what I can do, but like I said the info wasn't anything "new"... I was just trying to make sense of what had happened up to that point. I wish I hadn't stopped. :(

Taximom - even if the info is not new, you may have organized it in such a way or tracked some common element that will help them. Also, you may have additional names that they haven't come across yet. :clap: I think it must be so difficult to track these types of crimes. While stuff gets put into the crime databases, I am sure on many occasions that one little thing that would connect the dots gets left out.

Anyway - I will cross my fingers that you can call it up and email it to someone in the hopes that it will be helpful. I know how it goes when the computer crashes. I started a book once and never backed it up. Lost about 3 chapters - such good chapters they were too:rolleyes:

Salem

When you think of the number of 20 something men that have disappeared after last being seen at a bar it is mind boggling. Many of the cases we have on here may be related to this cross country ring. I just can't even begin to understand how people who would do this would also know other people through out the country..is this like a wierd cult thing ? I mean they say he was abducted and tortured then murdered. I noticed on the family sight they have listed the link for sex offenders..which makes me think this was also sexually motivated. This is just awful..I wish we knew more info about this ring and how they interconnect and operate.

I was really surprised to hear it might be a ring or gang of killers. That is so bizarre to me. I remember thinking back in the day that it might be some crazed college professor. It sure will be interesting to see how this pans out. I'm proud of those families that kept the interest up all this time.

Whoa. This sounds like something out of a book. Completely bizarre.

Will be interesting to see how this turns out.

Sounds to me like Bolanos's death might be one of the "linked" cases... from the first article I posted, from June '07:http://www.midiowanews.com/site/tab1.cfm?newsid=18453015&BRD=2700&PAG=461&dept_id=554432&rfi=6

The "tags" must be the smiley faces. *shudder*

Throughout the entire process, I didn't ask the crew very many questions because, as I said, I have come to accept the fact that nothing at work will ever be "typical." But after they had been in the tunnel for another half an hour, I had to ask Gilbertson what they were doing.

According to Gilbertson, who also is an expert in gang activity, two unusual marks or "tags" have been found near the scene where a number of the drowning victims were found.

"Do you think they found it in the tunnel?" I asked.

"I don't think they would be in there this long if they didn't," Gilbertson said.

There is already a thread at the below link in the Crimes section. Actually there are various related threads all through WS that were created over the years. This really should be a in the crimes section as Chris' case is being investigated as a homicide. A request has been submitted to the mods to combine some of the threads.

Woofie, since your started this thread can you send a request to the mods to combine this one as well so we can keep track of all the valueable info that's being posted? TIA.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63890

AJ thank you for those links to the srticles. This is a very interesting and compelling case (s).

Thanks for staying on top of it SQ! Merged threads are always so fun to sort through, but having one place to reference will be great!

Thanks for staying on top of it SQ! Merged threads are always so fun to sort through, but having one place to reference will be great!

There is so much good info out there sleuthers have dug up. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member