Some crazy stories on local news today

kygal

Former Member
Reaction score
I usually miss the local news at noon here, but today I looked it up online and there were some real eyecatchers there.

First: "Man Accidentally Shot By Police Improving..."
http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/18144979.html

Man gets in a fight with X's new BF outside a police station, when a cop (intending to taser him) MISTAKES HIS GUN for a taser gun and shoots the guy in the back. I was like WHAT????!!!

Second: "10 Year Old Arrested for Mom's Unpaid Bill"
http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/18096024.html

Kid was taken out of school and arrested because his mom defaulted on medical bills resulting from a fight the kid got in at school. Similar reaction as above....

I don't know if it's just here but some of the stuff going on here makes NO SENSE at all.

:eek: :eek: :eek: *shakes head*:eek: :eek: :eek: What the.... Where do you live so I can avoid it like the plague! No way I want to be in that town even passing through, I might get shot, or arrested!

If a kid beat up my kid so bad that there were significant bills involved I'd have filed charges first and pursued reimbursement os medical bills later.

Sounds to me like the parents had a deal. I'll pay the med bills if you won't file charges. Bully's mom didn't pay up, so vic's parents finally did what they should have done in the first place.

No one was helping the bully kid by keeping him from the consequences of causing serious injury to another person. Maybe now that he's in the system his parents will be forced to learn how to parent him so that he doesn't end up a teenage .

Susan

If a kid beat up my kid so bad that there were significant bills involved I'd have filed charges first and pursued reimbursement os medical bills later.

Sounds to me like the parents had a deal. I'll pay the med bills if you won't file charges. Bully's mom didn't pay up, so vic's parents finally did what they should have done in the first place.

No one was helping the bully kid by keeping him from the consequences of causing serious injury to another person. Maybe now that he's in the system his parents will be forced to learn how to parent him so that he doesn't end up a teenage .

Susan

The agreement was part of a deal in court (all fights in this state send the kid to court -- no matter what). The mom was to pay the bills (in payments) so the kid wouldn't be hauled off to CPS (kids under 11 can't be put in juvie in this state). When the court was notified that the bills went into default, they went to get the kid.

I agree that mom should have perhaps taught the kid better. Just the story made no sense at all. I feel sorry for the kid he beat up -- it must have been pretty bad to get that much in medical bills.

:eek: :eek: :eek: *shakes head*:eek: :eek: :eek: What the.... Where do you live so I can avoid it like the plague! No way I want to be in that town even passing through, I might get shot, or arrested!

Kat, you can come here. These happened a good deal away from where I live. The news here is a sister station of the Lexington affiliate, where these stories would be local to.

But I did the same double take as you did on them. Did you by chance read the comments? I live in a land of odd thoughts apparently. No wonder people think I'M weird. :eek: :rolleyes:

I don't often peek at the comments on an article unless directed to do so. Er, been burned by "stupid" (Note: I've seen stupid comments from more than one country, much less from more than one state in this nation.) too many times, so avoid the pain of reading it. Which article?

I don't often peek at the comments on an article unless directed to do so. Er, been burned by "stupid" (Note: I've seen stupid comments from more than one country, much less from more than one state in this nation.) too many times, so avoid the pain of reading it. Which article?

Either one. But the one where the kid got arrested some are trying to make a case for the judge to be disbarred and that they should have pity on the kid/mother because gas and bills are higher today. (see, saved you from reading) To me it seems like the mom doesn't want to pay up, the kid gets in jail and now she's playing the pity card in a way.

The cop one is pretty much straight forward, the cop needed to step back and take a second to see what weapon he had. I'm not sure what'll happen with this one though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back