1192 users online (240 members and 952 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 LastLast
    I'm going to try and upload a picture same way I usually do - using copy and paste image

yep, it works, I'm seeing it

oh, forgot to say, all the ones that were missing from posts yesterday are now visible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave AHFB View Post
    The redirect issue should be fixed. Still working on the image issue.
    It’s apparently not. I just had to log in again, and it stayed on the redirect error page even after I logged in (but could click the links at the top of the page to get out of it)
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post
    It’s apparently not. I just had to log in again, and it stayed on the redirect error page even after I logged in (but could click the links at the top of the page to get out of it)
    Quoted myself to say I had no problem logging in this time.
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017

Quote Originally Posted by Dave AHFB View Post
    The redirect issue should be fixed. Still working on the image issue.
    I started getting the redirect error yesterday and I still have it today.

In addition, if I want to add an emoticon, the page keeps expiring before it appears in my post even though I've ticked Remember Me.
    Last edited by JudgeJudi; 01-14-2018 at 11:11 PM.

Quoted myself to say I had no problem logging in this time.

Quoting myself again .... that was the inly time I did not have trouble, and it was shortly after I had closed the page and apparently still logged in. I hever log out.

I get the redirect every time I come back to WS, even though I have it set to “keep me logged in” —- I have to log in again, and the redirect error stays even after logged in. I can click links on the page to go to other threads, etc.

FWIW, I am using an iPad, version 11.2.2. It has been a while since the last update came.
    * *. * * *. *. *. *

Quoting myself again .... that was the inly time I did not have trouble, and it was shortly after I had closed the page and apparently still logged in. I hever log out.

I get the redirect every time I come back to WS, even though I have it set to “keep me logged in” —- I have to log in again, and the redirect error stays even after logged in. I can click links on the page to go to other threads, etc.

FWIW, I am using an iPad, version 11.2.2. It has been a while since the last update came.
    I had same problem today first time ever. It logged me out when I left the site even though I had the box ticked remember me and when I tried to log in again I had the same error message you are referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortoise View Post
    I had same problem today first time ever. It logged me out when I left the site even though I had the box ticked remember me and when I tried to log in again I had the same error message you are referring to.
    Yes! thanks Totroise, you explained it better than I did. that is exactly what is happening.
    * *. * * *. *. *. *

I have a continuous problem that is actually more of an aggravation. If it's already been addressed here in the past, my apologies, as I haven't read back very far.

But this problem is seriously driving me right up a wall. It used to be occasional but now it's constant.

Every single time I click to change threads, or even go to the next page in a thread, I get the box that says:

'Are you sure you want to leave? You might lose any changes you've made on this page.'

It has a 'Leave' or 'Stay' box underneath. The Leave box has to be clicked before it will move to the next page. This is every time.

Has nothing to do with whether I've even posted that day at all. It still tells me I might lose any changes I've made.

After I click the leave box about five or six consecutive times with page changes, then it shows a box that gives me the option that says, 'Don't let this page create more messages' with a box to place a check mark.

When checked, that does end the constant, 'Are you sure you want to leave' messages, but then it will not allow me to open any of the links on any of the missing person pages. I can read no news sites about anyone who is missing.

I've tried everything I know to get rid of that box. I've gone to the settings page here, trying to figure out if there's something I can unclick.

I've looked at my own computer settings, but nothing seems to work.

It's more frustrating than anything else. If I just have to live with it, I will. But I would be so grateful if I could find a way to turn it off.

Thank you in advance...
    Last edited by JazzTune; 01-16-2018 at 08:07 PM. Reason: typo

Can't load images using Insert Image as I get a black box with "404 - image not found".

Still getting the redirect message but can go to a thread.

One small step for mankind. Emoticons are working again.

Also still getting the redirect message and site won't keep me logged in with remember me ticked.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortoise View Post
    Also still getting the redirect message and site won't keep me logged in with remember me ticked.
    Tortoise, I discovered it works OK (so far) if I logged in at the large box (scroll down the page a bit) .. but not if I use the tiny boxes for login at the top right corner of the page. Can you try that? It may depend on what device you are using if you have the larger log-in area.

Pics are not posting from the link, but do show up as a thumbnail. See this post for a sample: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...4#post13870884

does anyone actually check in here daily? Should we alert a mod to have Dave check-in here?
    Last edited by Spellbound; 01-17-2018 at 07:49 AM.
    * *. * * *. *. *. *

Well that is weird. I just closed down all my windows to try your suggestion, and I came back to the forum using a link saved in my bookmarks. It had logged me out as has been the problem (showed the tiny boxes top right for me to log in as you described) but when I was searching for the large log in area you described I couldn't see one so I clicked on the main forum page (top left) to look for it there and when it took me there it showed me as already logged in.

I don't know if any of that makes sense but what it appears to mean, to me, is my bookmarked links to the site that I always use are the problem just this past week. I will have to reset my bookmarks.

I don't know of a way to have Dave check in, I think maybe mods alert him when they see messages posted in this thread that need his expertise.

Just came back and I was shown as logged out, even thiugh I hd marked the “keep logged in”

I will alert one of my posts and ask to have Dave check in here
    * *. * * *. *. *. *

Same here, I updated my bookmarked link to WS before I left but it hasn't fixed the problem.

Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 LastLast