Possible Hoax Call

Blue_Dolphin308

We can't help everyone, But everyone can help some
Reaction score
Here we can discuss the supposed "hoax" call that possibly led to the raid!

Rangers: Possible hoax call that led to polygamist compound raid
06:36 PM CDT on Friday, April 18, 2008

[SIZE=-1]KHOU.com staff report[/SIZE]

The Texas Rangers are investigating whether the phone call that led to the raid of a polygamist compound in West Texas may have been a hoax.

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stori....78e2c770.html

Reposting:

More this morning about Rozita Swinton and the calls to Texas:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/met...s.388a5f6.html

Child Protection Project founder Linda Walker and the Phoenix-based group's executive director, Flora Jessop, said Friday they were stunned when they learned the woman's identity.
"In her little baby voice, she said, 'If you rescue me, and I get out of here, do you think the black people will hurt me?'" Walker said. "She had done her homework. She knew it was a racist cult. We know that these kids are very frightened of black people.
"The Texas Rangers told us she was obsessed with the FLDS. They confiscated tons of material on the FLDS (in the search of Swinton's home). She even gave real addresses and real names of FLDS people."

Reposting:

Chick who was arrested for false report is likely Obama delegate: Click

Reposting:

As for Rosita, she has been arrested in Colorado, and is being investigated by the TX Rangers. they found something that leads them to believe she may be involved in the calls to the TX hotline. Here's a good article from the Houston Chronicle on the investigation: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/5713823.html

Reposting:

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_8993150

A 33-year-old Colorado Springs woman who may have sparked a massive child-protection raid at a polygamist compound in Texas kept a steady job and gave no hint of her activities to those closest to her.
"She is the last person I would expect to do something like this," said a woman in her mid-20s who described herself as the roommate of Rozita Swinton. Speaking at the door of their apartment, the roommate described Swinton as a steady, soft-hearted person. (more at link)

(snip)
Jessop said she first received a call March 30 from a woman, since identified as Swinton, claiming to be an abuse victim named Sarah.
But the hotline call that led to the raid wasn't publicized until after Jessop spoke with Sarah, leaving Jessop to speculate that she could have been the same person making the calls.
"It does kind of indicate (Swinton) made those calls," Jessop said. "There was no press on it at the time."

I'm not sure, but i think the Texas authorities were waiting to act. they did what they did carefully and had planned to do what they did — but only when the right (legal) moment came.

was it just from a hoax call? we shall see, i suppose. if so, they found plenty to proceed — but i believe they were astonished to find themselves with as many as over 400 children to have to proceed with!

I do not know what to think but heard an interesting theory the other day. It was suggested to me that she was paid by FLDS. After all, LE that had ties to FLDS could easily find someone to make the call. Then the focus would be taken away from Sarah and the seeds of doubt would not only be planted, but flourish. And the real person, Sarah would be forgotten about or dismissed before to long. And that she was most likely permanently silenced. And they have the money to pay someone. And they have the LE to set up someone and make them do it to escape whatever they are facing.

I do not know what to think but heard an interesting theory the other day. It was suggested to me that she was paid by FLDS. After all, LE that had ties to FLDS could easily find someone to make the call. Then the focus would be taken away from Sarah and the seeds of doubt would not only be planted, but flourish. And the real person, Sarah would be forgotten about or dismissed before to long. And that she was most likely permanently silenced. And they have the money to pay someone. And they have the LE to set up someone and make them do it to escape whatever they are facing.

There's a thought! :eek:

I'm not sure, but i think the Texas authorities were waiting to act. they did what they did carefully and had planned to do what they did — but only when the right (legal) moment came.

was it just from a hoax call? we shall see, i suppose. if so, they found plenty to proceed — but i believe they were astonished to find themselves with as many as over 400 children to have to proceed with!

LOL, I read that when the sherrif first talked to the FLDS leader, the leader said the compound contained about 250 men, women and children- total.

But for what purpose? Prior to the call, the compound in Texas was not receiving much overt attention by authorities. Why would they set themselves up for a raid on their compound?

Sorry guess I wasn't being clear. That would be in the instance the first calls were really from a Sarah. You know, kinda what better way to make them think all the calls are baloney. Not my theory and all so that is the way I understood the person to be leaning.

I think it doesn't matter if a call is real or not. Someone has to investigate. And you have to keep CPS calls anonymous to a point or a lot of kids would never get help. Now, calling other agencies I do not know about.

Sorry guess I wasn't being clear. That would be in the instance the first calls were really from a Sarah. You know, kinda what better way to make them think all the calls are baloney. Not my theory and all so that is the way I understood the person to be leaning.

I think it doesn't matter if a call is real or not. Someone has to investigate. And you have to keep CPS calls anonymous to a point or a lot of kids would never get help. Now, calling other agencies I do not know about.
I don't think anyone within the FLDS paid Rozita to call, she's African American and Jeffs stressed that his people have nothing to do with African American's. I don't think Rozita was paid by anyone who'd left the FLDS either. Getting people out who want to leave is a serious, serious thing for them and I don't think they'd jeopardize it by a hoax call. If one were to do it to draw attention to the situaton I think they'd do it themselves. All those I've read about have tried to go the legal route to get help.

Rozita imo has a bee in her bonnet about the FLDS and likes the attention she causes by her hoax calls.

When the news first broke about multiple calls and before they announced who they suspected making the calls, I actually considered that. But after hearing about Swinton and the other calls she has been accused of making about other situations I kinda figured she was just someone out for attention.

I agree that whether the calls turned out to be a hoax or not, CPS was required to investigate. And that once they saw evidence of abuse, they did have to take action on it.

I kept wondering why CPS wasn't in long before the questioned call. Seemed strange that in all those years, someone wouldn't find an unattended cell phone. But, if you'd never seen TV or movies, or even a phone book, how could you know how to use a phone?

I kept wondering why CPS wasn't in long before the questioned call. Seemed strange that in all those years, someone wouldn't find an unattended cell phone. But, if you'd never seen TV or movies, or even a phone book, how could you know how to use a phone?

Or what was happening was illegal? Or, even who to call? :eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back