Deaths Of Female College Students: Related?

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
Missing and Found Dead

May 1968 - Christine Rothschild 18 years old, UW student (*MCM) Madison
July 21, 1976 - Debra Bennett 20 years old, Cardinal Hotel (*MCM) Madison
July (?) 1978 - Julie Ann Hall 18 years old, UW library asst., from King Tap Bar (*MCM) Madison
April 1981 - Julie Speerschneider 20 years old, disappeared March 1979 from bar (*MCM) Madison
April 1980 - Susan LeMahieu 24 years old (*MCM) Madison
July 1981 - Shirley Stewart 17 years old, from Dean Clinic, (*MCM) Madison
July 2, 1982 - Donna Mraz 19 years old, UW student, from waitress job on State St., (*MCM) Madison
November 17, 1984 - Janet M. Raasch 20 years old, UW student/worked on campus, disappeared October 11, 1984, (*MCM) Buena Vista
June 12, 1987 - Angela Hackl 17 or 18 years old, Saulk County *Terry Vollbrecht convicted.
July/August 1987- Barbara Blackstone 31 years old, Lyndon Station
March 1990- Sue McFadden 23 years old,
April 26, 1993 - Inez Musch 19 years old, UW-Baraboo student transferring to UW-Madison , Saulk County *tentatively been ruled a suicide
December 22, 2005 - Angela Drake 25 years old, student UW, disappeared December 9, 2005, Madison area *Michael DeSalvo convicted.
November 27, 2006 - Diedre Harm 21 years old, disappeared June 10, 2006 from bar, WI Rapids
July 9, 2007 - Kelly Nolan 22 years old, UW-Whitewater student, disappeared June 23, 2007 from State St. bar, Madison

Missing and Not Found

August 19, 1992 - Laurie Jean Depies 20 years old, (Still missing), Menasha, Wisconsin
September 23, 1998 - Amber Wilde 19 years old, UW-Green Bay student, (Still missing)
August 21, 2000 - Dawn Mohn 41 years old, (Still missing), Green Bay
April 26, 2003 - Areerat Chuprevich 32 years old, (Still missing) Green Bay,

Unsolved
1993 - Assault (stabbing) and rape, UW campus
June 7, 2004 - Assault and Rape

*Mad City Murders=MCM according to article
http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/unsolved/madison_wi/1.html

On this note, years and years ago I saw on 20/20 or some similar show that there was a college professor (at the time) who had a violent history with women and was suspected in the death of his then girlfriend. And that he was never charged due to lack of evidence and that he resumed teaching. Does anyone know who that was? Everytime I hear of a college student (female) missing or dead, my mind goes back to that show but I cannot find the name of the man or the show. Anyone remember it? Him?

How often have these missing girls been found "accidently drowned" or in some body of water. I would like to compare how that stacks up to the boys.
If accidental drownings are so common why aren't girls found like this?

The women are never drowned. They are found in various conditions. Some stabbed, some burned, and even a couple shot. They are normally found outside in a wooded area. This can vary between outside of town in Madison to right in the middle of campus. To me it is the contrast between the brutality of the women's deaths and the males "silent deaths" as I call them in my head. The men simply go to sleep...very calmly without brutality other than to stop breathing because of the water.

The women are never drowned. They are found in various conditions. Some stabbed, some burned, and even a couple shot. They are normally found outside in a wooded area. This can vary between outside of town in Madison to right in the middle of campus. To me it is the contrast between the brutality of the women's deaths and the males "silent deaths" as I call them in my head. The men simply go to sleep...very calmly without brutality other than to stop breathing because of the water.

Thats exactly what I was getting at. Just what exactly are the odds of all these accidental drownings ,being just male? I'm not statistician,but that initself seems incredable and worth a second look into all cases.

Thats exactly what I was getting at. Just what exactly are the odds of all these accidental drownings ,being just male? I'm not statistician,but that initself seems incredable and worth a second look into all cases.

No kidding, hockeymom. Why aren't the chucklehead cops asking the same thing? If I were one of the victims' parents I would be all over this like a duck on a June bug. I wouldn't shut up. :furious:

Eve

No kidding, hockeymom. Why aren't the chucklehead cops asking the same thing? If I were one of the victims' parents I would be all over this like a duck on a June bug. I wouldn't shut up. :furious:

Eve

Another thing about the girls who have been found dead, LE refuses to release much information & never solve the murders. They kind of sweep them under the rug......

http://www.rememberchrisjenkins.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=149
SNIP/
There is a group in the country with "cells" scattered in numerous cities large and small alike. There is a hierarchy in this group, it is very organized, and they are killing our loved ones. They usually choose males as their kill of choice and often these result in missing persons later found in bodies of water.
/SNIP

This is from a comment made on the family site for Chris. It is his sister Sara who is saying that they usually, meaning not always, choose males. Which leads me to believe that their detectives have found info suggesting some young ladies have also been targeted by this cell as she calls them

78% of all drowning victims in the US in 2004 were male.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/factsheets/drown.htm
You cannot go by that data as an accurate depiction. The numbers of males alone in this possible murder scenario would account for some of those and then if you take away the drownings which occur without someone present, no reason to be near the water such as sports, swimming, scuba, and you factor in the time of year being winter months...the numbers fall way, way down. Plus...males are the ones more likely to be out doing watersports recklessly which also accounts for a larger number of males drowned.

Another thing about the girls who have been found dead, LE refuses to release much information & never solve the murders. They kind of sweep them under the rug......
Isn't THAT the truth, Cheko?! Especially in WI!! :furious:

SS- just happened upon this thread. Glad my daughter is out of Madison. Have you come across similar female cases at the UW-Eau Claire...or La Crosse campuses?

Missing and Found Dead

July (?) 1978 - Julie Ann Hall 18 years old, UW library asst., from King Tap Bar (*MCM) Madison
April 1981 - Julie Speerschneider 20 years old, disappeared March 1979 from bar (*MCM) Madison
July 2, 1982 - Donna Mraz 19 years old, UW student, from waitress job on State St., (*MCM) Madison
November 17, 1984 - Janet M. Raasch 20 years old, UW student/worked on campus, disappeared October 11, 1984, (*MCM) Buena Vista
June 12, 1987 - Angela Hackl 17 or 18 years old, Saulk County *Terry Vollbrecht convicted.
April 26, 1993 - Inez Musch 19 years old, UW-Baraboo student transferring to UW-Madison , Saulk County *tentatively been ruled a suicide
December 22, 2005 - Angela Drake 25 years old, student UW, disappeared December 9, 2005, Madison area *Michael DeSalvo convicted.
November 27, 2006 - Diedre Harm 21 years old, disappeared June 10, 2006 from bar, WI Rapids
July 9, 2007 - Kelly Nolan 22 years old, UW-Whitewater student, disappeared June 23, 2007 from State St. bar, Madison

Missing and Not Found

August 19, 1992 - Laurie Jean Depies 20 years old, (Still missing), Menasha, Wisconsin
September 23, 1998 - Amber Wilde 19 years old, UW-Green Bay student, (Still missing)

Unsolved

http://www.htrnews.com/article/20081203/GPG0101/81203020/1978

3 Dec 08

The remains found in a shallow grave in Morrison are the body of Areerat Chuprevich, a 32-year-old Allouez woman missing since April 2003, a source close to the investigation confirmed today.

much more at link

Thanks, Hoppyfrog. RIP Areerat Chuprevich. :(

It is interesting to me that she was found in or near Morrison. I am just not positive about their main suspect at this point until they provide more evidence he was responsible for her murder.

Missing and Found Dead

Missing and Not Found

Unsolved

OMG, Seriously Searching, this is an awesome find!
I'm surprised there's not been more attention on these missing girls as well!
The causes of death are all different?
Would the deaths of the women be a serial killer, or the group killing the males be killing the females differently?

I dont believe they are all conected, at least I dont believe Shirley Stewart is conected. I have always believed it was someone she knew. She left the building at work at one time but did not punch out till a later time,I think she was in the parking lot talking to someone and left with them. I also believe she returned home that evening and left again because the dog was barking while everyone slept, it was assumed she returned home from work. Vicki Blakely (Stewart)

I have always thought there are some female cases that are related to the male college students (or males around that age) drowning deaths. The females usually are not drowned though, only the males. I do not understand the connection, but there is one. It is really very heartbreaking.

78% of all drowning victims in the US in 2004 were male.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/factsheets/drown.htm

I think this might be because aside from murder and violent attacks, I've read somewhere that men are often more likely to die in accidents or something? I think it was because they tend to take more high risk professions (in this case stuff like sailing, fishing,...) and are more encouraged to engage in risky activities (think dares, getting completely drunk, going swimming on a whim,...).

Maybe they're already on to something... or maybe if it's a group they're trying to find everyone or haven't made the connection.

---

This thread is really creeping me out. Maybe it would be a good idea to try to sleuth out individual cases and then get in touch with LE and tell them about this list? They may not have noticed a pattern.

I can't believe there are so many deaths and disappearances in such a small area and nobody bats an eye! :what:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back