AL AL - Chris Lirette, 27, Brewton, 19 August 1977

redsox39

Reaction score
I know this is an old case but it always gripped my attention. It seems there is to many clues for this not to be solved! Here is the link to the Doe Network listing:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1841dmal.html

I can't find much of anything on Google or on here. Has anyone come across any other information on this?

He was last seen in Alabama. He was supposed to drive a company Truck back to Louisiana, but the truck was found wrecked in Texas, with another person in it?

Who was this other person?

Ok, I know this case is old, and he is not a pretty woman, or a child, but does he deserve any less justice? Just to find a body, or someone with information would be worth it.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/114umtx.html- stuck in a freezer for a while, then dumped? this looks like a good sketch...

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/261umal.html - Time frame is way off...but I don't think they knew decomp times like they do now.

Speaking of, have you ever heard of the Body Farm at the University of Tennessee? It is where they have all these donated bodies and they let them decompose in the elements so they can study decomposition times and things of that nature. What a crazy class that must be. I bet they make sure to NEVER go to class with a hangover!

Maybe a Micro Fishce (s:waitasec: p?) from a small town?

a couple random guesses:

someone robbed him of his truck in the parking lot..

he got drunk with someone who took his truck (and he went off with someone else, who robbed &/or killed him...)

drug deal or some other crime involvement (embezzlement, or..?) gone bad...

he was in the car with the person, after the accident he might have wandered off to find help but then laid down to rest somewhere and died.... was the truck found in a remote area?

Like I said, I can't find anything on this one. I have no idea why, after looking at hundreds of these that this one strikes a cord with me, but it does. It really seems that no one cares! (except you guys of course!)

I wish I could find something, ANY thing more on this...but I am stuck...early!

Hello--
I'm new to the community...I was prowling the internet for Noel Lirette (actually Chris Lirette) and found this thread....
Thanks for all the concern...I am married into his family, and wanted to let you know the family has finally had news after all these years. There is a memorial scheduled next month for Chris in his home state.
I can't divulge details but the family has closure now and hopefully soon in the future I can give you more info.
I just found it very special that so much concern is shown.
I will say this....reb hit the nail on the head with one of the random guesses. And he wasn't drunk, no crime, no accident.........

that there will be closure. I am glad for your family. Please let us know how this case was solved when it is ok to do so. :)

Thanks so much redsox. His children (now grown) have had an especially long haul with this and it is such a relief to stop wondering "what if". I will make sure and let you know when I can!!!

So glad to hear that there is finally closure for this family. I was just reading this story and was going to post. My mother was from Emory, TX, where the truck was found and I was going to see if I could find anyone in extended family who knew anything. I'm glad that's not necessary. Tngirl1967-thank you so much for letting us know, and please keep us posted as you can. I'm sure that as sad as this is, it is a relief to his children. May they now find the peace that has evaded them for all of these years.

It's good to hear that there's some news for the family - I'd hate to have to wait so long to hear about a loved one...how awful that must have been.

Is there any other news that can be shared about this case?

I would love to hear more of this story, when it can be shared ! Please keep us updated !!

Hello all--
Just wanted to share a bit more now that the memorial for Chris is over.
I of course cannot give names but a man hospitalized now with a terminal illness confessed after much interrogation but wanted immunity in the state in which he committed the murders. The guy admitted he killed him and gave a location, which is being investigated currently. I'll update more when info is released.
Again, bless you all for your kindness and concern.

Hi...I just looked at this and I'm confused. Noel/Chris' relative said that reb hit the nail on the head with a random guess. Here are reb's guesses:

someone robbed him of his truck in the parking lot..

he got drunk with someone who took his truck (and he went off with someone else, who robbed &/or killed him...)

drug deal or some other crime involvement (embezzlement, or..?) gone bad...

he was in the car with the person, after the accident he might have wandered off to find help but then laid down to rest somewhere and died.... was the truck found in a remote area?

However, Noel/Chris' relative said "he wasn't drunk, no crime, no accident........" Well, every one of those guesses involve either being drunk, or a crime being committed, or an accident.

maybe she meant he wasnt involved in the crime but that he was victim...

the one that he was robbed of his truck I would think would be the best guess.

Sorry I haven't updated, I am just not sure what the family wants shared/not. I can say this much, a guy made him drive him, apparently killed him & dumped his body, picked up someone else--presumably a hitchhiker and that was the person found dead in the truck over in TX.
Sorry don't know what else I can tell. There was blood in the truck but it wasn't his blood type. It is all still being investigated, as much as they will being as it is so old, but the family is satisfied they know know he is dead not missing.

When these cases are solved do they take them off the doe/charley networks or do they add an update?

When these cases are solved do they take them off the doe/charley networks or do they add an update?

I believe they only take them off if a body is recovered. There are lots of cases on missing persons' sites where someone has been convicted of or confessed to murdering the missing person, yet that person has not been recovered. I think for many families, final closure will only come for them if they are able to bring their loved one home for a proper burial. I would never want to deny that possibility to anyone. I think it's good that they keep them up there so comparisons can be made to the UIDs that are found.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back