Deaths of Male College Students-General Discussion #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you mind asking a mod to close the other one, please? :)

OK where were we? LOL

Would you mind asking a mod to close the other one, please? :)

OK where were we? LOL

I'll do that right now.

We were discussing where Lilly really may have been when Chris was murdered. I too would hope that LE checked past just the mailing address of a check...but....we know how that's been going.

Shadow did say she had more info on Lilly. I think she needs to cough it up! lol.

I don't dare click on the sites, but if you go look at all of the breathplay asphyxiation and drowning fetish stuff on Google...it looks very disturbing. But...I don't relate these deaths with anything sexual. There aren't any signs that sex entered into the picture with any of them and so I don't see the connection or motive being there.

I wish the Detectives would release even more information now. I thought maybe today because of William Jacobson's death they would have.

By the way, thank you. :)

Where is Shadow anyway?

I don't dare click on the sites, but if you go look at all of the breathplay asphyxiation and drowning fetish stuff on Google...it looks very disturbing. But...I don't relate these deaths with anything sexual. There aren't any signs that sex entered into the picture with any of them and so I don't see the connection or motive being there.

Unless the killer is getting his jollies that way. He uses the memory of the event to please himself later? I haven't dared to go into any water fetish sites to see if sex is the motivator. Sex is usually the motivator in any fetish. I'm also having a hard time coming up with a reasonable motive if sex isn't involved.

ETA: Also, a perp could do alot of things sexually that doesn't involve touching the vic, KWIM?

Yes, but for some reason...it doesn't make sense. The sex fetish part, that is. If the person has control over them enough to drown them...then they could do just about anything else if they just drugged them enough to pass out before they killed them...if it was sexual.

I think the motive has to go to who they are or who they represent as a whole. Athletic, intelligent, college men...plus status, power, money, and good looks? In other words, they have it all going for them.

Do we know if they all come from upper class backgrounds or not? I do know it was stated the Jenkins had money to spend for various things to investigate, but what about the other men?

Yes, but for some reason...it doesn't make sense. The sex fetish part, that is. If the person has control over them enough to drown them...then they could do just about anything else if they just drugged them enough to pass out before they killed them...if it was sexual.

I think the motive has to go to who they are or who they represent as a whole. Athletic, intelligent, college men...plus status, power, money, and good looks? In other words, they have it all going for them.

Do we know if they all come from upper class backgrounds or not? I do know it was stated the Jenkins had money to spend for various things to investigate, but what about the other men?

SS- I believe that exactly, the group on their own represents a symbol, not individuals if you will.

SS- I believe that exactly, the group on their own represents a symbol, not individuals if you will.

I strongly believe this too. And yes, I think I've read that a good number of these victims were, or perhaps would have been perceived to be, upper middle class. Ironically, I believe the very reasons these young men are being targeted play into why their deaths are being minimized by Joe Cop.

Eve

Not to break up Eve's post - I too would like to hear more.

Question - is it not reasonable to think that whoever the perp(s) is/are, they are also going into the water? It seems if they were holding Chris' head down they would have gotten wet also. Or do you think they accomplish this from the shore somehow?

Who's coming home at 4-7:00 a.m. all wet?

Salem

Interesting, please expand, Eve

In my experience, police in college towns can have a somewhat contemptuous and even resentful view of the typical "college boy." Obviously I am generalizing, and indeed, stereotyping, but I must do that to explain myself, even while knowing that is exactly what I am accusing the police of doing. Does that make sense? I apologize to those LE officers to which this description doesn't apply. But I have observed it. I have also heard about it for the last 3 years, from my son who is a 21-year old student in Madison.

Anyway, I think some cops, especially in smaller towns, possibly partially because of their experiences with college parties, brawls, highjinx, etc. tend to think college kids are partying 24/7 and are in school only for that purpose, usually on mommy and daddy's dime. They may believe college boys are selfish, careless, rebellious, disrespectful and/or spoiled. I think they tend to dismiss these drownings as the consequence of binge drinking by preps, jocks or frat boys. I think some of them say "Hell, what do these smart azz pretty boys expect?"

Now that may sound unduly harsh and I presented it the way I did to make a point. But I really think this mindset exists within LE here. It is that element that is hindering these investigations, along with ego and public relations issues.

And, I firmly believe the killer/s shares this view of the victims. To an evil and sinister end. I think the killer is getting a huge kick out of this.

Eve

In my experience, police in college towns can have a somewhat contemptuous and even resentful view of the typical "college boy." Obviously I am generalizing, and indeed, stereotyping, but I must do that to explain myself, even while knowing that is exactly what I am accusing the police of doing. Does that make sense? I apologize to those LE officers to which this description doesn't apply. But I have observed it. I have also heard about it for the last 3 years, from my son who is a 21-year old student in Madison.

Anyway, I think some cops, especially in smaller towns, possibly partially because of their experiences with college parties, brawls, highjinx, etc. tend to think college kids are partying 24/7 and are in school only for that purpose, usually on mommy and daddy's dime. They may believe college boys are selfish, careless, rebellious, disrespectful and/or spoiled. I think they tend to dismiss these drownings as the consequence of binge drinking by preps, jocks or frat boys. I think some of them say "Hell, what do these smart azz pretty boys expect?"

Now that may sound unduly harsh and I presented it the way I did to make a point. But I really think this mindset exists within LE here. It is that element that is hindering these investigations, along with ego and public relations issues.

And, I firmly believe the killer/s shares this view of the victims. To an evil and sinister end. I think the killer is getting a huge kick out of this.

Eve
Thanks Eve, I have to say unfortunately I have had personal experience in this area to have to agree that in my situation, I believe your opinion to be true. Although I am not sure so much that it is the killers hatred of this stereotype that's driving them as it is their wish to be like them.

Not to break up Eve's post - I too would like to hear more.

Question - is it not reasonable to think that whoever the perp(s) is/are, they are also going into the water? It seems if they were holding Chris' head down they would have gotten wet also. Or do you think they accomplish this from the shore somehow?

Who's coming home at 4-7:00 a.m. all wet?

Salem

That's a really good question Salem. For me, I do not, I think they are unconcious by some means, or close to it, and they are thrown off a bridge in the cases that are found to be accidental drownings, personally.
I dont see them risking their own lives at the same time or perhaps we would see a double drowning here or there with this many cases.

Eve

WOW! :clap: Very well defined!

Do you think the media exposure will act as a catalyst and give the killer(s) more momentum?

~dairybest

WOW! :clap: Very well defined!

Do you think the media exposure will act as a catalyst and give the killer(s) more momentum?

~dairybest

At this point I think they are breathing a sigh of relief, and I do NOT think they believe LE will ever buy in and they are safe, thus Will Jacobson.

At this point I think they are breathing a sigh of relief, and I do NOT think they believe LE will ever buy in and they are safe, thus Will Jacobson.

I also think they are happy with the publicity..see what we can do..but like any murderer they do not want to be caught.

My question is why the geographic concentration around Minn/Wisc? There are many more deaths in that area.

Personally, I think it started there and fanned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow