Zara Phillips: I’m waiting for my rugby star to propose

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
Although not a fan of royalty, i very much like Princess Anne's daughter, Zara, because she has got on with her work and not simply sat back on her laurels as 12th in line to the throne of England — not partied till she dropped due to her celebrity. plus her mother said from her birth she would NOT be bestowed with an unearned title. unlike Anne's brothers who gave all their children fancy monikers before their names.

there has been a lot about her in the papers over the last few days regarding the following story. it would be nice if people concentrated on her achievements as a rider (as she'd prefer), but there you have it.

main reason for this post is to ask how people feel about women proposing to men?

as for Zara, i rather believe she has, by doing the interview, proposed to her Mike anyway, now. the cat's out of the bag and they must have had a lot to discuss . . .

Zara Phillips has given her biggest hint yet that she wants to marry the England rugby player Mike Tindall.
The Queen’s granddaughter said that the pair exchanged vows of love every day, adding that she was waiting for Tindall to pop the question.
“I’m old-fashioned. I think they should ask you,” she said. “Everyone at the [Gloucester] rugby club seems to be getting married and having babies so they keep asking me, ‘What about you?’ We tell each other we love each other every day.”
Asked in an interview for GQ Sport magazine if she thought she had sown her wild oats she said: “Yes – I think I have . . . ”
Ahead of her appearance at the Badminton Horse Trials this Thursday, Ms Phillips also said in the interview that she preferred being known as a horse rider rather than as a royal.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article3843663.ece

see a pic of Zara and Mike. :)

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42336000/jpg/_42336937_zarapa300.jpg

I hope they get married and are happy. She is really beautiful.:)

Nothing wrong with a woman doing the proposal, IMO.

No problems with women proposing. I think it is sweet.

I cannot stand the royal family, I even disliked Diana.

Me too. Zara is different. she's not a 'lady who lunches' doing little else. :rolleyes:

i'm keen on her for her tenacity and i hope she gets a gold in the Olympics! :woohoo:

Oh, I like the royal family. Well, all except Charles who IMO is a disgrace to the family. He is just WEIRD! :eek: I adored Diana. No, she wasn't perfect, just a real person who was caught in a sad situation of being used as a breeding cow and didn't know what the score was until it was too late to back out. Camilla is a gross OLD COW who is a jealous b*tch and should have never been allowed into the family.

Oh, I like the royal family. Well, all except Charles who IMO is a disgrace to the family. He is just WEIRD! :eek: I adored Diana. No, she wasn't perfect, just a real person who was caught in a sad situation of being used as a breeding cow and didn't know what the score was until it was too late to back out. Camilla is a gross OLD COW who is a jealous b*tch and should have never been allowed into the family.

The gossip is Charles and Camilla aren't in such a happy marriage after all said and done. cheats never prosper. :slap: :slap: :slap:

The gossip is Charles and Camilla aren't in such a happy marriage after all said and done. cheats never prosper. :slap: :slap: :slap:
:D Works for me!:clap:

You got that right about that ole horse-faced cow, Camilla.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back