Teen Gives Birth In Shower, Walks To The Hospital

White Rain

Reaction score
At least she didn't kill the baby....seems like this teen has more sense than alot of adult parents out there.

LONG BEACH, Calif. — A 17-year-old girl gave birth secretly at home, then walked four blocks to a hospital with the baby still attached by its umbilical cord.
"I was just a little nervous" when the labor began, Xochitl Parra said Friday from St. Mary Medical Center as she cradled her 8-pound, 3-ounce son, Alejandro.
The boy was normal and "eating like a champ," said Dr. Jose Perez, director of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
The teenager said she was alone and taking a shower around 5:30 a.m. Wednesday to get ready for school. Then the contractions took over.
"I felt his head coming, so I sit down and pushed so he could come out," she said.
Parra did not call 911 because the home phone was disconnected, and she did not want to wake the neighbors because it was so early. Instead, she wrapped the baby, got dressed and went to the hospital on foot.
"I started walking and jogging to the hospital," she said.
The teen came into the hospital lobby and asked for help, Perez said.
more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,354085,00.html

Holy crap!
She must have been so frightened. That poor thing.

Wow! I can't imagine... The family looks so happy and proud in the picture. What an amazing birth story she will share with her son one day.

This almost should be in the News That Makes you Smile being this teen didn't kill her baby. I'm so glad she has the support of her family.

Good for her :clap:

She has to be so relieved that this is all out in the open.

I love the name Alejandro!

Now she should be an inspiration for all the teens out there that dont know what to do. She did the right thing and I although I wouldnt be happy that my teenage daughter was pregnant, I would be happy that she did such a brave thing that many adult women wouldnt have done. Can you imagine giving birth then walking or even jogging to a hospital?? She must have a good family.

This is an amazing young girl. :woohoo: It sure is nice to read about a teen pregnancy ending this way!

This almost should be in the News That Makes you Smile being this teen didn't kill her baby. I'm so glad she has the support of her family.
what in this story makes you think she was EVER going to kill her baby?!??!
Not all teens want to kill their babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar

teens can and often are in denial (it happens more than you'd think... but often the parents figure it out and take them in for medical care, and i bet the mom knew... she seems awful accepting), but that in no way equates to killing their baby at birth.

Not all teens want to kill their babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar

teens can and often are in denial (it happens more than you'd think... but often the parents figure it out and take them in for medical care, and i bet the mom knew... she seems awful accepting), but that in no way equates to killing their baby at birth.

I shouldn't speak for others but.....
I think that kahskye was just saying that with all the stories we read on here, that's it's nice to finally see a story with a happy ending.

God Bless this lil Mamma. Can you even fathom? Is it youth or what? Gave birth just like that and walked to a hospital. Hoping she has a wonderful Mother's Day.

:rolleyes:
With all the stories on websleuths about teenage mothers killing their unwanted babies ....yeah, THANK GOD SHE DIDN'T KILL THIS CHILD".

Sadly teen girls still get pregnant and most do take care of their children but we have all read enough about or seen the news about mothers of all ages killing an unwanted child.

No one said she was thinking about it or wanting to kill the baby. She took the child to safety and all is well.

That was my first thought, too. I know that many teens have babies and everyone is just fine, but we sure don't hear much about them!

I'm glad everyone's OK :) What a brave girl! She was obviously raised to be considerate, but I'd hope her neighbors wouldn't have minded if she'd woken them up for something like that.

God Bless this lil Mamma. Can you even fathom? Is it youth or what? Gave birth just like that and walked to a hospital. Hoping she has a wonderful Mother's Day.

Filly,I hope she has a wonderful Mother's Day also. I saw this on the news last night & of course the lead in said "Teenager gives birth to baby in shower," was so afraid what anchor was going to say next! I was so relieved when they said she went to hospital, and baby & her were fine. I thought for sure it was going to be one of those "OMG" stories.

She gave birth and walked herself to the hospital?

:eek::eek::eek:

I can't even get mine to clean her room!

/just kidding.

//or am I?

God bless this young girl. I think little Alejandro was placed in wonderful hands and has a very strong mommy! :blowkiss:

I think the girls mother is putting on a happy face for the media ..
The girl stated in the article that she hid her pregnancy for fear her mother would kick her out.

I wonder whats going to happen when the camera's are turned off?

What pedinurse said.

I think the girls mother is putting on a happy face for the media ..
The girl stated in the article that she hid her pregnancy for fear her mother would kick her out.

I wonder whats going to happen when the camera's are turned off?

Adoption is always an option should she decided not to keep the baby.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back