Husband's Ashes Used For Shotgun Cartridges

maketoast

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.maketoast.com
(England) - The widow of a vintage shotgun expert had her husband's ashes loaded into cartridges and used by friends for the last shoot of the hunting season. Joanna Booth organized the shoot for 20 friends after asking a cartridge company to mix the ashes of her late husband James with traditional shot. A total of 275 12-bore cartridges were produced and blessed by a minister before being used for hunting at an estate in England. Booth said it was a marvelous day out and her husband would have loved it. "It was not his dying wish, but I remembered he had read somewhere that someone had had their ashes loaded into cartridges and he thought it was very funny." The cartridges accounted for 70 partridges, 23 pheasants, seven ducks and a fox.

I don't think I would like my Ashes to be shot everywhere. What would you like done to your's?

LOL... that story would have been better had it been the poor guys dying wish... you think they could have talked about it????

What if his widow is just dotty? a nutball.

Oh well... my ashes? hmmm will have to think about that - definatly not staying in the house - my hubby is a smoker, I don't want him using me for an ash tray.

lol, funny Cass. I have heard of people willing their ashes to their children. Each Child (if two) get's a half and a dying request to put the ashes in your house was made. I don't think I would like my Parents ashes on my mantle...Hum! lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back