Deaths of Male College Students-General Discussion #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
SS, I have just cross posted all the links at the new thread that shadow started.

Welcome ArizonaGG!

Last but not least one last post here on why I am on this, as Reannan says, 'like a bulldog on a bone' LOL: This is my reasoning to investigate it further.

The case breaks wide open with the Dicks on kstp. The "nationwide gang" piece is introduced to the world. It is truly a crazy and unbelievable thought.
~~
The Chris Jenkins case comes to the fore. His death is now a homicide. It is similar to others around the nation.
~~
Chris's mother makes a statement about the depth and breadth of the evil and discusses her conviction that Chris was abducted, driven around in a van, tortured, and murdered in the river. She states the group is widespread.
~~
Ian Punnet of afterdark does a follow up interview with Kristi Piehl. They talked off the record about getting a neutral party to interface with the fbi to hear out all of the facts gathered by the dicks. Ian states the fbi man (unnamed) said, "yes" he would
~~
Chris's older sister, in interviews, states that she has viewed all of the info the dicks have and is convinced she knows the motive and why her brother was murdered but cannot disclose it.
~~
Ian had a strange odometer incident
~~
list goes on... Discuss at the cult thread....

Thanks SuziQ...
progress.gif

One last post before I call it a night. Kristi said that 20/20 is working on an entire hour on this case. No air date yet.

The Jenkins family is upset at a recent article from a local Mpls mag that attacked the Jenkins family. I have not found said article.

I have a feeling this case will be broken open by a parole officer finding pictures or video that one of the parolees had or some Geek Squad guy finding pictures or video on a computer somebody brought in to be fixed. If there are truly "pods" I believe they would be taking picture or video of the murders and sharing them with others.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Thanks for the new thread, Suzi~

Nurse, I believe the Congressman is the person called by the talk show host and he has already sent a letter to the head of the FBI addressing this issue.

Porkchop, I think it is possible they do have video or photos. I don't expect them to be found on computers tho. They are more intelligent, imo.

Thanks for the new thread, Suzi~

Nurse, I believe the Congressman is the person called by the talk show host and he has already sent a letter to the head of the FBI addressing this issue.

Porkchop, I think it is possible they do have video or photos. I don't expect them to be found on computers tho. They are more intelligent, imo.

Just because they haven't been caught doesn't mean they are intelligent it just means that nobody seriously investigated it. If there are sevaral pods like the dectectives think then they would probably be trading proof of there killings and the easiest way would be via internet.

I have two questions that have been annoying me and may already have been asked.

1) Why don't these supposedly drunken tragedies happen on "Spring Break" when thousands of college students get blistered ON the water?

2) Why doesn't the concentration of tragedies from the Central U.S. through New England (and not on the West Coast) NOT send up a flag for the FBI?

Thanks ~ db

Yay...I'm in! Cheers to the webmaster!

Maybe this theory has already been ruled unlikely, but now that I can post a response, I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in...

I went to school at U of WI-Eau Claire in the 90's. Moved away about the time this all got started. Unless it was a minority fraternity/sorority from a much larger school that came in to town to do the deed, it wasn't a sorority/frat at UWEC doing this. I think it has become a bit more diverse in the last few years, but at the time I was there, you could count the number of African-American students attending on one hand. There were more Asian and Asian-American students than anything else, but many were ESL, so I doubt there was a highly organized minority fraternity/sorority operating there. Besides, the Greek system at UWEC barely had a pulse--they could barely get enough members to keep going. I was in one of the sororities, so I know.

The only 'gang' in Eau Claire that may have had an axe to grind with white males might be the semi-oppressed Laotian population in Eau Claire. But there wasn't normally violence associated with that population, so it's hard to imagine that someone there is the perp.

---------
Ok, on to Michael Noll. I read a post not long ago dismissing Noll's drowning in Eau Claire as accidental because he was so drunk that he walked into some old lady's house by accident. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss. His house was right on the Chippewa River, but he was found on Half Moon Lake in Carson Park in Eau Claire. I found this mapped data online, so I don't know if this is exactly where Noll was found on Half Moon, but at the nearest part of the lake, it's a half mile from his house. To the point were the map indicates, it's over a mile.

Noll.jpg

A couple hours before he was spotted in the neighborhood of his house, he was at the bars on Water Sreet, which is right where that Josh Snell pin is. If he was as drunk as it sounds, he probably got a ride home (upper green pin) from Water Street (no one living in that neighborhood walks to the bars--too far). And honestly, no one would have a reason to go to Carson Park (lake area) early in the morning. Not even for a walk. Anyone that would go to the park at that time (mostly high school kids go to smoke weed or make out) would go in their cars. It's not an inherently dangerous place, there's just not much to see except a bunch of trees. Frankly, I would find it a spooky place to be walking at night without a few other people around. But that's just me--I'm easily creeped out by dark solitude.

From the UWEC newspaper:
http://media.www.spectatornews.com/...ews/Noll-Found.In.Half.Moon.Lake-400974.shtml

{snip}

Senior Kim Lucas, a friend of Noll, said the discovery was a relief. Lucas said, however, she was surprised that Noll's body was in the lake, because most of the search had focused on the Chippewa River.

"I am absolutely just shocked," Lucas said. "Half Moon Lake was just out of the question."

{snip}

Authorities have not suspected foul play to this point.

Preliminary autopsy results released Wednesday list the cause of death as "probable fresh water drowning." Noll's body showed no sign of trauma, according to the report.

Lucas, however, isn't so sure.

"I honestly doubted (foul play) up until yesterday," she said. "(Now) I'm definitely questioning it."

Finding Noll's body there doesn't make sense, she said, because Half Moon Lake is so far from both his house and the Water Street bar area.

{snip}

db~

Having lived in Wisconsin, Delaware, and the Pacific NW, I can tell you that the culture surrounding alcohol consumption in the upper midwest is not norm around much of the rest of the country. Since leaving Wisconsin, I haven't experienced a party/drinking atmosphere that rivals an autumn Saturday in Madison (for example). Binge drinking is a much bigger problem among college-age people in the upper midwest. Many college students (males mostly) go out with the intention of getting hammered. I don't think they want to be vomiting at the end of the night, but they certainly want to be numb. I haven't seen that anywhere else I've lived.

As for why it doesn't happen more during spring break, I think it's because there ARE so many people around. I'm sure there's extra lifeguards and cops running around--certainly enough people to pull someone out of the water if they accidentally fell in. And as mentioned earlier, the colder water is harder to swim in. It might be easier for a drunk individual to get out of the water in the warmer spring break spots.

db~

Having lived in Wisconsin, Delaware, and the Pacific NW, I can tell you that the culture surrounding alcohol consumption in the upper midwest is not norm around much of the rest of the country. Since leaving Wisconsin, I haven't experienced a party/drinking atmosphere that rivals an autumn Saturday in Madison (for example). Binge drinking is a much bigger problem among college-age people in the upper midwest. Many college students (males mostly) go out with the intention of getting hammered. I don't think they want to be vomiting at the end of the night, but they certainly want to be numb. I haven't seen that anywhere else I've lived.

As for why it doesn't happen more during spring break, I think it's because there ARE so many people around. I'm sure there's extra lifeguards and cops running around--certainly enough people to pull someone out of the water if they accidentally fell in. And as mentioned earlier, the colder water is harder to swim in. It might be easier for a drunk individual to get out of the water in the warmer spring break spots.

Why do you think this is? Do you think it has anything to do with there being more victims in the midwest?

Eve

quote]
Thank you for responding to my post and giving your "first person observation" of the differences in culture. That was very helpful.

I guess I am still concerned about the concentration of deaths because according to post # 179 of the second thread by Shadowraiths -
Accidental drownings as a direct result of alcohol consumption. At most, explainable for 38-40% of the missing/drowning cases. The remaing 60-62% (per both witness and autopsy accounts) did not involve alcohol or any other drug.

~db

I think the degree of binge drinking in the upper midwest makes it seem more likely that they could be accidental drownings (maybe in the FBI's eyes, anyway). And for the local LE, binge drinking is pretty typical behavior for college students.

I think that it might be appealing for the perp(s) to go after college-aged guys in the upper midwest, because chances are pretty good that they're plastered and have their guard down. Out east, they might not have such an easy time finding victims, because I don't think there'd be quite as many people to choose from.

Oh, and generally among Eau Claire students, the weekend begins on Thursday night and goes all weekend (same window as the drownings). There's no "date night" over the weekend where it's mostly just couples out on the town. It's like singles night every night. I think it's that way elsewhere on Wisconsin campuses, too (including LaCrosse).

Fran,

Now that I am reading further in the threads, I see that you originally echoed the same geographic concern WAY back there. Have you thought any further about it or uncovered anything else?

~db

P.S. I apologize for the mess I made in Post # 12. Posting is obviously not one of the things I do best!

I think the degree of binge drinking in the upper midwest makes it seem more likely that they could be accidental drownings (maybe in the FBI's eyes, anyway). And for the local LE, binge drinking is pretty typical behavior for college students.

I think that it might be appealing for the perp(s) to go after college-aged guys in the upper midwest, because chances are pretty good that they're plastered and have their guard down. Out east, they might not have such an easy time finding victims, because I don't think there'd be quite as many people to choose from.

Oh, and generally among Eau Claire students, the weekend begins on Thursday night and goes all weekend (same window as the drownings). There's no "date night" over the weekend where it's mostly just couples out on the town. It's like singles night every night. I think it's that way elsewhere on Wisconsin campuses, too (including LaCrosse).
Again, great feedback. I don't have anything to add. I just wanted to acknowledge your response. ~db

db~
I agree. There's more going on here than the occasional drowning drunk. I was at UWEC between 1991-98. There weren't any "drinking-related drownings" in Eau Claire during that time, then all of a sudden in two-years time, there's three. I don't remember hearing about any drownings on other Wisconsin campuses during my tenure, either, certainly not at the frequency that they began happening at the end of the 90's.

So Willie Jacobson's death has been ruled an accidental drowning. But they didn't even get the toxicology report back yet. The ignorance of the people reporting this shit disgusts me. For all they know his BAC was .40 and he had traces of barbituates in his blood- pretty much confirming an accidental drowning. Or maybe he was sober but had cyanide in his blood- pretty much confirming foul play. Nothing can be ruled out until the tox report comes back.

But I guess people like assuming it was an accident so they can sleep soundly at night.

331634958_387617c29f.jpg

I have two questions that have been annoying me and may already have been asked.

1) Why don't these supposedly drunken tragedies happen on "Spring Break" when thousands of college students get blistered ON the water?

2) Why doesn't the concentration of tragedies from the Central U.S. through New England (and not on the West Coast) NOT send up a flag for the FBI?

Thanks ~ db

I so agree with you about 'WHY doesn't this happen on the West Coast?'
IF people think the mid West and East Coast are more wild, think again! There are lakes, rivers, and whole ocean, and 'party schools,' especially on the West Coast, this sort of thing rarely happens. I've looked.

The Santa Barbara area, San Francisco, Long Beach, San Diego, all have huge colleges and this does NOT happen there.

Something sinister is going on here. That I am CERTAIN of. I haven't figured it out YET, but I'm still looking.

The first years these were concentrated more around the Great Lakes and this year they're in Southern States and Eastern States. Me thinks they're trying to trick LE. :eek:

JMHO
fran

I so agree with you about 'WHY doesn't this happen on the West Coast?'
IF people think the mid West and East Coast are more wild, think again! There are lakes, rivers, and whole ocean, and 'party schools,' especially on the West Coast, this sort of thing rarely happens. I've looked.

The Santa Barbara area, San Francisco, Long Beach, San Diego, all have huge colleges and this does NOT happen there.

Something sinister is going on here. That I am CERTAIN of. I haven't figured it out YET, but I'm still looking.

The first years these were concentrated more around the Great Lakes and this year they're in Southern States and Eastern States. Me thinks they're trying to trick LE. :eek:

JMHO
fran

I agree, fran.

Is it a location thing or a drinking thing? I guess I never thought of California as being full of tee-totallers, myself! (Is that how you spell tee-totallers? Scratching my head...)

Eve

Thanks for the local input on alcohol consumption. And welcome to all new members. I can't keep up with you all!

I can only add my experience from the West Coast and of course it's been decades since I've been in the H/S and College crowd. When I lived in the NW, Alcohol was a big problem because basically due to the incliment weather, there was nothing else to do but drink. Especially in small towns on the coast. And in So Cal., it was basically hard to do because of law enforcement and those traps they set up forcing everyone to drive through. Makes you wonder if it's also not a different in laws and enforcement from state to state. I have family and friends in the midwest and South and it amazes me that when they visit they think nothing about heading to my car with an open beer in their hand. They claim it's ok where they live and I have to explain to them it's not here. I had a friend that grew up in La. and swears their are drive through mixed drink shacks like we have drive through coffee shacks here. I still think he's full of chit and I will welcome anyone who can prove him wrong. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth