Children put in custody after parents' binge

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
Just pathetic.

Three children were taken into protective custody after their parents passed out drunk in a hotel reception during a holiday in the Algarve.
The children, aged one, two and six, were taken to a children's home on Friday. Their parents, thought to be from Northern Ireland, were taken to hospital after staff were unable to wake them.
The police were called shortly after the couple returned to the Aparthotel Mourabel in Vilamoura at around 10pm. A barman at the hotel, who did not want to be named, said: "The husband collapsed in the hotel reception while his wife staggered into the bar with her children and fell into a chair."

More: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/may/05/northernireland.childprotection

A year after Madeleine McCann goes missing, here's another British couple putting their children in danger in Portugal.

why do people have children. supposed to have been a family holiday, wasn't it?

why must people drink? :furious::furious::furious:

Eamon McGuckin, 34 and his wife Antoinette, 32.

good. names have been named!

further to the above link their concern on awakening was as to whether the media had been alerted.

yes they bloody have you twits!

Can they not afford a nanny? Can they not curb their drinking enough to think of their kids?
I am all for throwing Madeliene Mccann's parents in jail for many many years for allowing their daughter (and they did ALLOW it to happen by leaving her alone) to be kidnapped and I am all for this set of parents to be thrown in jail right beside the Mccanns

Just pathetic.

Three children were taken into protective custody after their parents passed out drunk in a hotel reception during a holiday in the Algarve.
The children, aged one, two and six, were taken to a children's home on Friday. Their parents, thought to be from Northern Ireland, were taken to hospital after staff were unable to wake them.
The police were called shortly after the couple returned to the Aparthotel Mourabel in Vilamoura at around 10pm. A barman at the hotel, who did not want to be named, said: "The husband collapsed in the hotel reception while his wife staggered into the bar with her children and fell into a chair."

More: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/may/05/northernireland.childprotection

A year after Madeleine McCann goes missing, here's another British couple putting their children in danger in Portugal.

why do people have children. supposed to have been a family holiday, wasn't it?

why must people drink? :furious::furious::furious:

Drinking is fun sometimes ..... However IMO its not drinking that is the problem .. Irresponsible drinking is the problem ..
And IMO these were probably not the best of parents even sober!
Its not like tossing back a few totally changes your core personality.
Basically if your an Ahole sober then your still one drunk ...
Someone who is a lousy parent is one drunk or not .. although maybe the alcohol just makes it more obvious.

From the article:
"We tried to wake her, we tried to put some water on her face and head to wake her but she was very, very bad. She started to be sick every minute."

Nice family holiday. I'm sure the kids had a great time while Mom and Dad drank themselves into a stupor.

It almost sounds like the parents used the children's protective service as babysitting:
On Saturday morning, the public attorney for Faro told the children's home to return the children to their parents.When the couple arrived just before noon to collect them, Villas-Boas admonished them but they remained silent apart from to ask whether the media knew about what had happened.

As parents, they fail.

Drinking is fun sometimes ..... However IMO its not drinking that is the problem .. Irresponsible drinking is the problem ..
SNIP

Amen to that. IF the parents only had a couple of drinks each, they could care for the children. But getting sloshed and passed out drunk, that is totally irresponsible.

i will never understand why people drink till they get sick or pass out. even without kids.

with kids it's disgusting.

I "put money" on the fact that both of these so called parents have a serious problem with alcohol.

This would be common for them, as I feel that this happens at home and under the noses of child protection services as the children are not in school and they see this conduct as "normal" as it has always been "normal" in their life experiences.

I do hope some CPS "keeps" an eye on these parents and if so, I am sure they will find the home life of these children to be horrible.

I also do hope in the future no child is harmed by their continued abuse of alcohol. They had zero concern for the welfare of three very young kids and only had concern about themselves and the "media".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back