'Don't let Grandma hear it."'

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
I am not sure where to post this. Not a crime, it certainly is nothing to smile about. And the event is more horrifying than bizarre.

Stephen Phillips parents worry about him. He is a soldier serving in Afganistan. They were away from home the other day and when they got back, they listened to their voice mail messages.

One message was 3 minutes long and was from Stephen. It was apparent that Stephen was in the middle of a battle. Evidently at some point during the battle, somehow the redial button on his cell phone was engaged.

Right after receiving this horrifying message, Stephen's parents began trying to reach him and when they did they found that he had survived the battle.

When Stephen heard what happened, he told his parents

'Don't let Grandma hear it."'
http://www.king5.com/topstories/sto...efight_recorded_on_voicemail_TP.d51f7014.html

Oh my gosh, I heard this on the news tonight! I cannot imagine what Stephen's parents were thinking and feeling when they firs heard that! I am glad that he survived the battle, though. Some don't, and it hurts every time I hear when a soldier has been killed.

Lion

Can't he get into trouble for that? Something like giving away their position etc.? It was on our news this morning and it was my first thought. I am sure it was a horrible thing for his parents to hear on the answering machine tho. I cannot imagine. He will be home in a month for leave and I am sure they will be so relieved to see him again.

How terrible! When I first read it last night I was so upset. I am so very glad he is OK. We all need to pray for our men and women in the military.

I feel like I've been punched in the gut. Horrified doesn't begin to describe what these parents felt listening to this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back