Mexico - Chief of Mexican Federal Police Assassinated

absinthe

Former Member
Reaction score
MEXICO CITY – Mexico's acting federal police chief was shot dead early Thursday outside his home – a brazen attack as drug traffickers increasingly lash back at a nationwide crackdown on organized crime.
Edgar Millan Gomez was shot 10 times after opening the door to his Mexico City apartment complex, where at least one gunman was waiting for him before dawn, the Public Safety Department said. Two bodyguards were also wounded. Millan died hours later at a hospital

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/mexico/20080508-1759-mexico-policekilled.html

We just spent a month down near Guadalajara. We drove from TN all the way down and we noticed a complete shut down of many roads in Mexico so the military could check every single car and truck.
These Mexican military men wear all black and keep their faces covered at all times, my husband swears that the US have sent some of our own down there to help fight the war on drugs and be assured in Mexico, it is really a WAR.

I have some pictures of the roadblocks and it was really scary because we have been robbed once or twice or fifty times down there but we made it this time perfectly safe because the government it truly trying this time to make a difference.

I am afraid that Mexico is inching toward real war as well...hell, not inching, barrelling really.

I am afraid that Mexico is inching toward real war as well...hell, not inching, barrelling really.

My husbands parents just came to visit and they said the military is everywhere even in there little town. They were getting scared so decided to come visit for a while.

I visit Tijuana fairly often, and the Federales have superceded the local police there. I believe the local police were actually disarmed due to the deep corruption.

I visit Tijuana fairly often, and the Federales have superceded the local police there. I believe the local police were actually disarmed due to the deep corruption.

We use to cross in Laredo and just 5 miles into Mexico we would always be stopped by the police and asked for a bribe. Once time they actually tried to steal my husbands wallet thinking there was a "greencard" in there for them to have.

We now cross at a safer place but beware of entering Mexico.

I'm saddened for the people of Mexico. These corrupt people present such a negative face to the world.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back