GUILTY WI - Magdeline Middlesworth, 90, found decomposed, Necedah, 4 March 2008

noZme

Reaction score
a horror story.... why can't people think for themselves?

Assiciated Press May 9 09:26 PM US/Eastern

MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Two children and their mother lived for about two months with the decaying body of a 90-year-old woman on the toilet of their home's only bathroom, on the advice of a religious "superior" who claimed the corpse would come back to life, authorities said Friday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080510/ap_on_re_us/decaying_corpse

oh my ....

just when you think nothing is shocking....

Goodness now that must have been horrible for the two children. I hope the poor old woman Ms Middlesworth actually had a quick painless death and wasn't just left there to die a slow death on the toilet.

I think this poor woman has lost her mind. Those poor kids. I have to say though, that my hinky meter went off over the part about the preacher guy telling the kid not to tell anyone or they would all have to get jobs. That sounds a little fishy, doesn't it?

Salem

Was this a house full of mentally disabled people? :confused: (not sarcastic)

Ah that sounds like he was involved in some kind of social security scam.

I wonder was the mother giving him all or most of the money coming into the house?

I think this poor woman has lost her mind. Those poor kids. I have to say though, that my hinky meter went off over the part about the preacher guy telling the kid not to tell anyone or they would all have to get jobs. That sounds a little fishy, doesn't it?

Salem

There are just some nutty fruitcakes in this world. At some point I have to accept that fact.

From your link:
Posted: May 10, 2008

The discovery of the decaying corpse of a 90-year-old woman in a Necedah house led to criminal charges Friday and an account of a "religious community" praying that she be brought back to life.
The corpse had been on a toilet for more than two months, according to a criminal complaint filed in Juneau County.
A man and woman instructed her two children to pray for a miracle that would bring life back to the corpse, according to the complaint.

:(

Those people are crazy you can tell by their mug shots. This world just keeps getting odder and odder.:eek:

It sounds like it was some offshoot Catholic cult sect and that Bushey guy had either brainwashed these people and or the mother was crazy enough to believe him, or in on it with him.

"The boy at the house told a detective he had considered running away because he was uncomfortable with the situation. He said Bushey told him that demons were trying to make it look as if Middlesworth wouldn't come back to life, and that if she were to be discovered he and the girl would have to go to public school and get jobs because Middlesworth paid the bills."

Their only bathroom? I bet they were hoping she'd come back to life in a hurry!

Hey guys,

I was just watching the news.....and there was an "update", apparently Tammy Lewis continued to cash Magedline Alvina Middlesworth's social security checks and apparently also had been writing checks off her account after she had died. I watched this on channel 9 news or channel3000.com but I'll go try to find a link.

Marisa

Hi guys,

I found the story regarding my post above ( #10 ) at the website, here's the link: http://www.channel3000.com/news/16240929/detail.html and some of the article below, more at the link.

Court records show someone continued to write checks on an account belonging to Magedline Alvina Middlesworth after she died in early March. A deputy sent to check on her whereabouts last Wednesday found her decaying remains on the toilet in the bathroom.

Court documents suggest the religious group was collecting Social Security owed to Middlesworth.
Search warrants returned Monday said that Lewis and Bushey belonged to a six-member religious group called the Order of the Divine Will and Lewis had a joint account with Middlesworth at the Bank of Mauston.
Bank officials told detectives Social Security payments totaling $1,170 went into the account and 25 checks were written on it after Middlesworth died.

Marisa

MAUSTON, Wis. (AP) -- A woman accused of helping her religious leader hide a decaying corpse on her toilet so they could continue collecting her Social Security was convicted of a misdemeanor in a deal for her to testify against the leader, a prosecutor said Monday.
Tammy Lewis, 36, of Necedah, pleaded no contest to obstructing a police officer and fined $350 in a plea bargain that defers prosecution of more serious charges. Juneau County Circuit John Roemer ordered her to pay the fine within 60 days or serve a seven-day jail sentence.
Lewis and Alan Bushey, 58, were accused of hiding 90-year-old Magdeline Alvina Middlesworth's body on a toilet in Lewis' home after she died in March. Investigators said Middlesworth and Lewis were members of a religious sect Bushey led called the Order of the Divine Will.
Bushey told Lewis that God would revive Middlesworth, who friends and family said was from Washington state, investigators said.
Lewis in May initially told a sheriff's deputy that Middlesworth was on vacation.
The deputy later discovered the elderly woman's rotting body in Lewis' stench-filled home.
She also told authorities she was Middlesworth's power of attorney, and the older woman used all of her money to support their six-member religious group. Investigators believe Middlesworth's Social Security and annuity checks totaling nearly $3,000 were deposited after her death into a bank account she shared with Lewis. http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/D/DECAYING_CORPSE?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back