Reading Suggestions

less0305

The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember m
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Just one quick question for all you folks that are so much more knowledgeable of this case than I am:

I just finished reading "Perfect Murder, Perfect Town." What other books do you all suggest I read to get the low-down on the aspects of this crime?

Hi Less0305!

Death of Innocence - John and Patsy Ramsey

Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation - Steve Thomas

Cyril Wecht's book (sorry don't have the title in front of me - it's the one that's specifically about the Ramsey case and not a compendium of crimes)

If you can stand reading transcripts then the National Enquirer book of the Ramsey Police Interviews is interesting in places.

Stephen Singular's book is worth avoiding. It builds the reader up with more than a hint of promise of some kind of revelation which doesn't materialise.

Linda McLean's book about Patsy is a nice book with some great photos in it.

I've never read Andrew Hodges books and can't comment about them.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Jayelle.....on my way to the library!

Jayelles said:
Hi Less0305!

Death of Innocence - John and Patsy Ramsey

Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation - Steve Thomas

Cyril Wecht's book (sorry don't have the title in front of me - it's the one that's specifically about the Ramsey case and not a compendium of crimes)

If you can stand reading transcripts then the National Enquirer book of the Ramsey Police Interviews is interesting in places.

Stephen Singular's book is worth avoiding. It builds the reader up with more than a hint of promise of some kind of revelation which doesn't materialise.

Linda McLean's book about Patsy is a nice book with some great photos in it.

I've never read Andrew Hodges books and can't comment about them.

Hope this helps.

What Jayelles said =)
SisterSocks

Nehemiah said:
Less,
Wecht's book is entitled "Who Killed JonBenet Ramsey?"

IMO

That's the chappie! I never remember book titles or authors names - or people's names for that matter. Or telephone numbers or PIN numbers or....

Jayelles said:
That's the chappie! I never remember book titles or authors names - or people's names for that matter. Or telephone numbers or PIN numbers or....

I cheated...got up and looked on my bookshelf for the title. Someone on here once had in their disclaimer..."Out of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.." That's my motto anymore.

Thanks, Peggy.

What about that book by "Sara King"? (Is that her name?) Jayelles, do you know any updates on that?

No updates. Sorry. I've never had any kind of ongoing communication with Rita other than on the forums. I don't think anyone is particularly surprised by the non-appearance of her book.

I believe if you read Singular's book it will offer more insight to the "undercurrent" in Boulder than any of the other choices. He does start with a theory,however,by books end he realizes there is more to this murder than a "Ramsey did it" and offers options. It is one that must be read thoroughly to feel what he was feeling while writing,he believed he wasn't at a dead end,moreover,he felt deadended,no one really seemed to want the case solved,or "they" thought wrongly that is was.
IMO

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...07/reviews/002-1276131-8468815#18932240075121

Add The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie to your list and The Bible, particularly The Psalms, Mind Hunter and Anatomy of Motive by John Douglas. Wecht's, Thomas', Schiller's and McClain's are musts, don't waist your time on Hodges or Singular's. Rent the movies; The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie, Man Hunter, The Silence of the Lambs and Ransom.

tipper said:
Looks like a waste of good trees to me.

Maybe not. So "Richard" wrote it, eh? I wonder if he wears black shirts and Patsy knows him? (Patsy viewing a photo of black shirts during the interviews: "That's Richard's shirt.")

JMO

BrotherMoon said:
Add The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie to your list and The Bible, particularly The Psalms, Mind Hunter and Anatomy of Motive by John Douglas. Wecht's, Thomas', Schiller's and McClain's are musts, don't waist your time on Hodges or Singular's. Rent the movies; The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie, Man Hunter, The Silence of the Lambs and Ransom.
I agree with this EXCEPT IMO Hodges' first book - A Mother Gone Bad - is a must-read.

Shawna said:
I want this book inside my Easter basket next Sunday! :cool:

http://www.palmpublishing.org/

"Learn why Jon Benet was chosen to be the killer's tiny "Helen of Troy": a human sacrifice for the killer's terrorist organization."

YES! YES! YES! Finally a book that will expose the truth about that little brat JonBenet and her secret ties to Osama and world terrorism!!!

I KNEW IT ALL ALONG! - Ever since I read the "The Prime of Mr. Gene Blarney" it was obvious to me that JonBenet was using Patsy's good name and credit cards to fund Islamic extremism in 3rd world countries. Now EVERYBODY will know the truth!

This is the most important book to be released on the case since that pedophile Reverend Walker published his now famous "The JonBenet Wet Dreams"!

IMO (but you know that, right?)

Well, I went to the local library.....and there are only two books on the murder. PMPT and the Ramsey's book. It's not in right now, so I have to wait a week or so to get that one. And I'm not going out and buying any books. So, I'll just have to keep reading up on the story on the internet and wait to read the Ramsey's story. But thanks for all your input on reading material.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back