GUILTY UK - Jimmy Mizen, 16, killed in altercation, London, 10 May 2008

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
A teenager murdered the day after his 16th birthday was killed in an unprovoked attack after he refused to take part in a fight, police said tonight.

A manhunt was under way to track the killer responsible for cutting “gentle giant” Jimmy Mizen's neck with glass following a row as he went to buy a Lottery ticket with his brother.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...tml?in_article_id=565409&in_page_id=1770&ct=5

All murders being senseless, this particularly strikes me as such. :(

just read the story of this family's heartbreak and how his parents and 8 siblings must now mourn his death.

How heartbreaking, Jimmy sounded like a wonderful, kind teenager! He wanted to go buy a lottery ticket because he had just turned 16. So senseless. My prayers for his family and friends, and may he rest in peace.

Gosh, that is awful, Floh. :( I hope the faith his family has helps them through this.

I can't believe the killer is on the run. I hope they get him soon.

such a tragic story!

prayers for family & friends.

Gosh, that is awful, Floh. :( I hope the faith his family has helps them through this.

I can't believe the killer is on the run. I hope they get him soon.

I think their faith is definitely helping them, Taximom — his mother said, "I just want to say to the parents of this other boy, I feel so, so sorry for them. I don't feel anger, I feel sorry for the parents.

"We've got such lovely memories of Jimmy and they will just have such sorrow about their son."

It will be marvelous if the man can help the police find the presently at liberty in society:

A white middle-aged man inside the bakery, who had nothing to do with the assault, but saw the attack has come forward.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/...killed+in+attack+at+a+baker's+shop/article.do

The more i read of this story the more awful it is. this was a hard working decent family with values and their world has been shattered by a murderous .

"Then their mother arrived and I tried to stop her coming in because the sight awaiting her was something no parent should have to see.
"But she got past me and then turned away white with shock. Then the boy suddenly stopped breathing. There was silence."

Thankfully, Mother's Day in the United Kingdom wasn't yesterday. :(

Manhunt for Turkish teenager

Police were last night chasing a 19-year-old Turkish man in connection with the murder of teenager Jimmy Mizen.

His parents' house is among a string of addresses raided by detectives who have issued an all-ports warning over fears that he may try to flee abroad.
The prime suspect has had several previous convictions for assault and other more minor offences.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...rticle_id=565821&in_page_id=1770&in_a_source=

Jimmy's mother blames his death on "a culture of anger".

Man arrested over bakery killing

A 19-year-old man has been arrested over the death of a teenager killed in a bakery shop in south-east London.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/7396822.stm

Thank G_d — if it is he — this murderer if OFF the streets!

there was suspicion he may have made it to Northern Cyprus where there is no extradition treaty with the U.K.

i want him banged up for a _very_ long time!

Hundreds of mourners gather for altar boy Jimmy Mizen's funeral

The heartbroken father of murdered altar boy Jimmy Mizen has begged people to learn from his son's horrific death and change their lives for the better.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...tml?in_article_id=566963&in_page_id=1770&ct=5

Floh,

Thank you for the update. Jimmy's parents sound like exceptional human beings. My heart broke when reading what the Mom said about anger and not letting it destroy her family. My prayers for this family.

And yet, again, this world has lost another good soul. He sounded like such a nice young man.

Floh,

Thank you for the update. Jimmy's parents sound like exceptional human beings. My heart broke when reading what the Mom said about anger and not letting it destroy her family. My prayers for this family.

And yet, again, this world has lost another good soul. He sounded like such a nice young man.

He was a winner. :)

In fact, i think the Mitzen's provide a wonderful story of life and love. :)

His hand on his wife, Margaret's, back, he added: "Perhaps we all need to look to ourselves and look to the values we would like and our responses to situations in our life.

"Sometimes we might be drawn into certain ways of our living. It is our choice but change has got to come from all of us."

ETA:

Mrs Mizen, 55, said: "If you see someone today give them a hug. There is not enough hugs and love around. That is what is missing."

United in grief: Jimmy's mother and father with the rest of their family before today's memorial service for the teenager

Her voice cracking with emotion, she insisted their was no point in blaming the family of the suspect accused of killing Jimmy.

"Anger breeds anger, and bitterness will destroy my family if I'm not careful - and I won't allow that to happen," she said.

His oldest brother said, "There was not one single bad bone in his body."

From March 2009:

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/mar/27/jimmy-mizen-murder-guilty

A teenager who killed the school-leaver Jimmy Mizen during a frenzied scuffle in a south London bakery was given a life sentence and ordered to serve a minimum of 14 years yesterday after an Old Bailey jury found him guilty of murder.

Jake Fahri, 19, was said to have gone berserk after challenging Mizen and his brother in the shop and throwing a heavy glass dish of sausages at him. The dish shattered after hitting Mizen on the chin and a shard of glass cut vital blood vessels in his neck.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back