Known Timeline

haypaula

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Timeline of events leading to Tara's disappearance, up to the day she was reported missing:

Spring/Summer 2005..........................While Tara and RR were in a car, stopped at a traffic light, MH shouted obscenities at Tara

Late July/Early August 2005.................Tara and MH head to St Augustine together for a beach trip. Immediately following this trip, Tara becomes concerned about MH's temper, and expressing this concern to LG, her BIL.

Early - Mid August, 2005......................Tara writes to MH while he is in the Middle East. Because the letter doesn't clearly convey Tara's feelings, MH believes Tara is ending the relationship.

September 2005..................................MH returns from the Middle East

October 2, 2005 .................................Tara learns from a friend that MH is home

October 4, 2005...................................Tara confirms, by phone, with MH that he is home and tells Tara that the relationship between them is over. Tara is so shocked and distraught that she requests assistance while driving home from class in Waycross.

October 5, 2005....................................Tara takes the day off from school to recuperate from the bad news.

October 14, 2005...................................Although Tara had a scheduled day off from school, she stopped by at 9AM for a few minutes, then spent the rest of it with her mother. Confirmed by correspondence, Tara stopped by the Harper's home in the evening.

October 16, 2005...................................Tara and her mom go to the fair in Perry. Tara spends the rest of the day with her mom in Hawkinsville.

October 18, 2005...................................JH, a software company salesman, stopped by Tara's room at school. The software he sold targeted keeping children interested in school. There were rumors the man who met Tara at school was HD, but it was JH instead.

October 18, 2005...................................Prior to arriving at night class, Tara and MH had a heated argument, which she then related to a friend at class, as well as to another friend, the following day, while lunching together.

October 20, 2005...................................Tara buys a weeks worth of groceries at the local market.

October 21, 2005....................................Tara shops in Fitzgerald.

October 22, 2005.....................................Pageant girls arrive at Tara's for hairstyling and makeup application. The girls leave at different times throughout the day because some were competing earlier. The pageant begins at 3PM but Tara arrives later. At 7:45PM, DW, one of the contestants, walks Tara to her car. Tara speaks to RR in front of his house in Ocilla before the BBQ. RR was living a few houses down from the Davis home at the time. Tara arrives at BBQ sometime after 8PM and stays until 11PM. During her time there, she receives several phone calls, including calls from ME and HD, among others (unknown).... Missing poster and alerts state the last time Tara was seen was at 11PM.

October 23, 2005.....................................Not being able to reach her, Tara's family and friends become concerned, as she isn't returning their calls. HD, Tara's friend and friend of the family drove to Ocilla, and called her mother when she wasn't answering. Tara's mother, in turn, called Tara's neighbors, the Portiers, thinking they might know where she was, but they said they hadn't seen Tara that day.

October 24, 2005......................................Because Tara, known for her responsible work ethic, neither called the school, nor reported for class, the principal called her neighbors, the Portiers. Mr. Portier checked and noted Tara wasn't there and called the police chief. The Harpers and others arrived prior to LE and entered Tara's home.. In the meantime, Tara's friend Maria Hulett was already en route from Hawkinsville. When she arrived at 8:50 AM, LE were already there, but was allowed into the house in the company of Detective Barrs at all times while she checked if anything appeared out of the ordinary.

Someone once asked how many searches were conducted on the Snapdragon property. In addition to these searches, there were several searches on the surrounding areas.

Nov 8, 2005, the Fire Marshall’s report mentions there was a cadaver search dog at the house that alerted to a spot in the debris of the house.
Dec 10, 2005, RQ’s cadaver dog alerted at the house.
Jan. 21, 2006, TES sponsored search has numerous dog teams from Georgia and Florida to hit on the house and the pond.
March 10, 2006, Dog teams again hit on the ruins of the house and the pond.
April 21, 2006, Dog team has hits on drained pond.

I was at the searches on Jan 21, March 10 and April 21.
The Fire Marshall report mentions their cadaver dog and RQ posted that his dog alerted at the house.

does anybody want to discuss the tara grinstead case with me? :seeya:

When she left the BBQ at 11pm, was there any outgoing activity on her cellphone? Maybe she spoke to someone on her way home.

Was any effort made to reconstruct her car mileage the last days to reconcile it with the last reading on the odometer ? It may not have been feasible unless she had recent maintenance/oil change. If so, some idea of the circumference of a search area could be developed.

Sure, who do you think murdered her ? I think her ex boyfriend, who obviously has severe character issues, conspired with another party to murder her. Possibilities ? Maybe a army buddy - that's what Rangers do - kill people - their training. Apparently he was involved with a teen and Tara was letting the community know about it.

QUOTE=Krimi;11217913 Sure, who do you think murdered her ? I think her ex boyfriend, who obviously has severe character issues, conspired with another party to murder her. Possibilities ? Maybe a army buddy - that's what Rangers do - kill people - their training. Apparently he was involved with a teen and Tara was letting the community know about it.....QUOTE

Krimi, On the Top of my suspect list is the guy that kept calling her cell phone dozens of times that same night..having NO consideration to the fact she was at a Beauty pageant and a BBQ that night...why so many calls...then coicidently a local unoccupied house burns down and several cadavar dogs hit on a spot in it...This killer knew how to cover up a crime.....imo

Krimi, On the Top of my suspect list is the guy that kept calling her cell phone dozens of times that same night..having NO consideration to the fact she was at a Beauty pageant and a BBQ that night...why so many calls...then coicidently a local unoccupied house burns down and several cadavar dogs hit on a spot in it...This killer knew how to cover up a crime.....imo[/QUOTE]

Krimi, On the Top of my suspect list is the guy that kept calling her cell phone dozens of times that same night..having NO consideration to the fact she was at a Beauty pageant and a BBQ that night...why so many calls...then coicidently a local unoccupied house burns down and several cadavar dogs hit on a spot in it...This killer knew how to cover up a crime.....imo
[/QUOTE]

The cadaver dogs signaling is interesting. House fires do not generate enough heat to destroy a human body though - as I recall - a latex glove was found with some DNA evidence that was checked against all known suspects with no match. Her ex boyfriend was riding around in the vicinity with a local policeman friend, covering for an accomplice who was doing the hit ?

A recent "ID" crime program featured the case of Marty Theer, an AF Captain who was murdered by army ranger John Diamond who was having an affair with Capt. Theer's wife (who was in on the plot to murder her husband). Apparently, in the Ranger culture affairs, wife swapping, etc are the norm - as well as almost mindless violence - so I still say a Ranger associate of her ex boyfriend did the murder of Trina Grinstead.

does anybody want to discuss the tara grinstead case with me? :seeya:

I do!! If you are still around to discuss. Here's my question, if Tara was last seen at 11 pm and MH didn't call his copy buddy until 1:49 am doesn't that give him a pretty good window to do something? I always thought the glove with other DNA was to throw him off. Also this small town has to have people talking with theories. Would love to hear what the town says.

I do!! If you are still around to discuss. Here's my question, if Tara was last seen at 11 pm and MH didn't call his copy buddy until 1:49 am doesn't that give him a pretty good window to do something? I always thought the glove with other DNA was to throw him off. Also this small town has to have people talking with theories. Would love to hear what the town says.

Welcome to Websleuths! :welcome6:

I'm a filmmaker from Atlanta, GA and I've decided to do a documentary on the Tara Grinstead case. Here's my current portfolio: www.paynelindsey.com

I've read countless articles on the case, and I've dove deep into the forums here on Web Sleuths.

1. Does anyone know if there is a public access to the case files on Tara? Evidence pictures, interviews with POI's, etc.
2. What does everybody think of the latex glove? Does it feel too convenient for anybody? What kind of person commits a murder with gloves on and leaves one of them in the front yard when they're done? This evidence seems planted to me, by the person who actually did it. Maybe someone with knowledge of the law and forensics did it, knowing that the glove wouldn't match and would throw detectives onto a wild goose chase looking for one. Thoughts?
3. What are your absolute best and current theories of what could have happened to Tara?

Payne Lindsey
paynelindsey@gmail.com

No case documents are available from police or GBI in Tara's case as Georgia has a closed criminal records laws.

So for everyone listening to the Up and Vanished podcasts that are just being released on Tara's disappearance... on the second podcast titled White Rabbits, Payne (the guy doing the podcast speaks to his grandma's friend who claims she spoke with Tara at the pageant the night she went missing. Her name is Melba. Melba could not remember the guys name, but she spoke of a former student that Tara supposedly told her she was going to visit before the BBQ. She claimed that he lived in Fitzgerald. I was reading forums and stuff on different websites, and they were talking about how Tara had a lot of different boyfriends, and a person made a very long post (I screen shotted it and can upload it on here later if anyone wants to see it) talking about how she was involved with a former student. The person who typed the message was a friend of this former student, but did not give a last name. He said everyone knew they messed around, but once she went missing it was not spoken of out of respect for the family. He also states the guy died in a car crash. I did a little research and found out that the guys name is Eric Cook, and he lived in Fitzgerald. Could this be the guy that Tara told Melba she was going to see? I just thought it was interesting. I also messaged Payne about this. I had never heard of his name before, nor had it ever came up until this "friend" of Eric's posted this on the internet. Everything he posted checked out to be true. What do you guys think?

What happened to his post? I googled Eric cook and he died a year after Tara went missing. And he would have been 18 in 2005 I'm interested in seeing more.

laurends, can you upload that screen shot from the friend, I'm interested to read what he said.

I don't think Websleuths was around back then

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member