FLDS appeal to President

mollymalone

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
They've sent letters to the governors of Texas, Utah and now to the President... to the very same officialdom that they eschew and revile.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_9226157
Willie Jessop said he delivered the 10-page letter on Saturday to staff members outside Bush's Texas ranch, where daughter Jenna Bush got married. Jessop said he had a cordial conversation with presidential staffers who promised to get back to him. The letter protests an "invasion" by Texas authorities and a "mock" custody hearing for 464 children and young adults taken from the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,700224855,00.html
I was not there to make a political statement or to detract in any way from the wedding," said Jessop. "I just wanted to deliver the letter. Staff members for the president took the letter, read it, and we talked about its contents. It was a cordial, sensitive meeting. They were great and said they would get back to me."

Jessop's letter includes an invitation for Bush, first lady Laura Bush and members of the president's staff to visit the YFZ ranch. "Patriotism is shown when elected officials are willing to stand up and defend the Constitution," Jessop writes. "We are not asking them to agree with the beliefs of an unpopular religion, but to defend human rights that have been violated by these unprecedented terrorist acts."

Wonder how far the FLDS had to dig to find at least 1 man who could pass the scrutiny of the President. Willie Jessop has /2 wives / 2 sons & 2 daughters. Probably a young fella too........

I can't imagine George W or Laura going to the FLDS ranch for Sunday dinner any time soon.

Oh I don't know. Somehow I can picture the expression on Laura's face when they trot out an 18 year old crying about missing her two young children and sporting a 7 month pregnancy. Could be interesting.

Oh I don't know. Somehow I can picture the expression on Laura's face when they trot out an 18 year old crying about missing her two young children and sporting a 7 month pregnancy. Could be interesting.
I can also see Laura's face when she hears about their practice of waterboarding infants. Let's hope this pushes the FBI into high gear on their investigations.

I think it's a political hot potato and Bush is going to ride his presidency out as smoothly as possible and not take this on board.

i'd like to hear what McCain of Arizona might be interested in doing for FLDS citizens. in HIS state. or for taxpayers funding FLDS citizens in their state.

Isn't it true that the FLDS doesn't teach their children US history or the constitution? Now their trying to use it when it suits their purposes? Hypocrites.

I can also see Laura's face when she hears about their practice of waterboarding infants. Let's hope this pushes the FBI into high gear on their investigations.

I wonder what Laura would feel about them not letting children have books?
The flds seems to be under the impression that people here in America are going to fall for their sob story about mothers needing their children, what they don't realise is Americans also understand how children need a safe non-abusive home!

VB

Wonder if the FLDS will offer to show the Bush's the various locations where they dumped their boys telling them they were damned to hell, leaving them alone, rejected, shunned and unable to cope, with a low education level, in a world they'd been taught was evil.

I wonder what Laura would feel about them not letting children have books?
The flds seems to be under the impression that people here in America are going to fall for their sob story about mothers needing their children, what they don't realise is Americans also understand how children need a safe non-abusive home!

VB

Wonder if the FLDS will offer to show the Bush's the various locations where they dumped their boys telling them they were damned to hell, leaving them alone, rejected, shunned and unable to cope, with a low education level, in a world they'd been taught was evil.

Exactly! The FLDS "mothers" need them for welfare benefits. The children do NOT need abusive mothers that don't stand up for them and openly condone their fathers incest and physical abuse! The children had a much safer and healthier mother's day in their foster homes, I can pretty much guarantee that!

Ha! Willie Jessop said he handed it over to "staff" - now isn't that rich? I doubt he got within miles of the ranch. It was the wedding weekend and secret service are probably the "staff" he's referring to. I bet the flds thought this would generate a lot of PR for them by this stunt, what with all the media gathered around to report on the nuptials.

Somehow I don't think it worked out quite as well as they thought it would. I didn't see one tv report about it!

Wonder if they'll give them a stroll thru the cemetary where all the babies are laid to rest & give them reasons so many babies are dead.

Also maybe all the men & women will willingly give DNA so proper paternity can be proven as to who is the folks of all the 436 + kids are mothered & fathered by? Gosh maybe that would work......wonder if the kids' Moms would give false names to Laura & GW?

Wonder if they'll give them a stroll thru the cemetary where all the babies are laid to rest & give them reasons so many babies are dead.

Also maybe all the men & women will willingly give DNA so proper paternity can be proven as to who is the folks of all the 436 + kids are mothered & fathered by? Gosh maybe that would work......wonder if the kids' Moms would give false names to Laura & GW?
You betcha your bippy they would! Why would they give their real name to the Prez and First Lady if they won't give it to CPS who has the power to allow their children back into their cult..er ..home?

You betcha your bippy they would! Why would they give their real name to the Prez and First Lady if they won't give it to CPS who has the power to allow their children back into their cult..er ..home?

Think they're truely grasping at straws on this angle!
Maybe they figure they'll get invited to the White House.......NOT!

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_9235389
"The White House has not received a letter from those seeking help in the aftermath of the polygamous sect raid in Texas despite comments by an FLDS member that he gave one to "presidential staffers" at Bush's Crawford ranch." ...... "But it's questionable how close Jessop could have got to the Texas ranch on a weekend when Bush's daughter Jenna wedded Henry Hagar in a private ceremony at the ranch. Security was tight in the area around the ranch, and even White House-credentialed reporters weren't allowed near. And since the 2001 anthrax scare in Washington and New York, people attempting to deliver letters to the White House or other top government properties typically are turned away. Secret Service agents do not accept letters on behalf of the president, either."

I find it strangely funny that Willie Jessop didn't use the YFZ address in Eldorado. The address listed in the letter is probably an attorney's office. I couldn't pinpoint it exactly, but upon research in my local phone book and the member's directory of the State Bar of Texas I found only one attorney's office listed at that address and on that floor of the building. The phone is a cell phone.

Notice that they chime in with the blatent disregard for human rights... as vouchsafed by the constitution... that's just what the men of that sect are doing to the women and children, and it's very ironic that they're touting the constitution when they don't really recognize it, their laws being greater than ours.

I find it strangely funny that Willie Jessop didn't use the YFZ address in Eldorado. The address listed in the letter is probably an attorney's office. I couldn't pinpoint it exactly, but upon research in my local phone book and the member's directory of the State Bar of Texas I found only one attorney's office listed at that address and on that floor of the building. The phone is a cell phone.
Hm, Rodney Parker's office?

Hm, Rodney Parker's office?
Not as listed, but he could be "borrowing" office space. The suite # on the letter is three numbers off from that of the listed attorney's address. I'm wondering how many calls have been made to that cell phone?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back