GUILTY MD - Carlos Santay-Carrillo, 19, fatally stabbed hours before son's birth, 10 May 200

fran

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
What a heart-breaker. The husband went to get gas in the car to take his wife to the hospital because she was in labor and he never returned.

:(
fran

http://wjz.com/local/stabbing.birth.2.721609.html

snip..............

BALTIMORE (AP) ―
A Catonsville woman delivered her first child on Mother's Day, only to learn that the child's father had died from the stab wounds he suffered during a robbery.

Awww....I just can't imagine! :(

That's just awful! I hope she has family around. :(

Truly heartbreaking, how terribly sad for this woman & her baby.

This is sooo horrible...!!! OMG - how sad..

Prayers and tears.
Rosco

What a sad, sad story.
I can't even imagine what the mother is going through.
Most likely her greatest joy was having a baby and at the same time she probably suffered her greatest sadness, her husband's murder.

What a heart-breaker. The husband went to get gas in the car to take his wife to the hospital because she was in labor and he never returned.

:(
fran

http://wjz.com/local/stabbing.birth.2.721609.html

snip..............

BALTIMORE (AP) ―
A Catonsville woman delivered her first child on Mother's Day, only to learn that the child's father had died from the stab wounds he suffered during a robbery.

Holy crap!!! This is one of the most heartbreaking articles that I've read in a very long time. God bless their family and friends.

Ugh, little Carlos' birthday and Mother's Day will forever be tied with his father's murder. :( Bless that family.

They are so young. I hope she has the support she needs or maybe there's a fund set up for them.

Man, I heard this on our local news last night. Its all we ever hear around here anymore. Really sad and unfortunate. Just the other week we had a 29 year old girl get shot for not giving someone a cigarette!

How heartbreakingly awful!!! My prayers for the mom and new baby boy, Carlos. I hope the perp is found before he hurts/kills anyone else.

:confused: I just can't imagine. This poor woman. He was a father, a husband and was probably going to be the only one working for a while. Geez :(

This is terribly heart breaking. I hope she has help around her, she will surely need it. I also hope they catch the scumb bag that did this....what a moster.:furious:

This family needs justice. This is so sad for that poor mother and child.

Her face in the picture says it all. She should have a big smile holding her precious baby. Instead the grief is so obvious on her face. Heartbreaking! I hope there was a video camera and they catch that monster.

This is so sad. What a waste. I don't know why I come here sometimes because this stuff depresses me. But, I'm going to thankful for my kids and my husband. That poor woman and that little boy who will never meet his father. :(

From April 2009:

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2009-04-10/news/0904090098_1_carrillo-santay-thompson-was-convicted

In an emotionally wrought hearing Thursday in Baltimore County Circuit Court, the man convicted of Santay-Carrillo's killing, Danny Eugene Thompson Jr., 18, was sentenced to 50 years in prison, with a five-year period of supervised probation upon release. Thompson will be eligible for parole in 25 years.

Before she pronounced sentence, Judge Judith C. Ensor paused, her voice cracking, and took a sip of water. She then said the trial had been "gut-wrenching" and had left her with "a certain hopelessness"...

Thompson was convicted last month of armed robbery and first-degree felony murder. He was 17 when he repeatedly stabbed Santay-Carrillo in front of stunned onlookers May 10, 2008. The suspect had told police that he had reacted violently after Santay-Carrillo refused to hand over a wallet containing $500 in savings that he intended to use for expenses related to the birth of his son.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onaquest
Back