TX - Skimpy Dress Gets Teen Cuffed, Taken From Prom

White Rain

Reaction score
According to Houston television station KHOU, an official stopped Marche Taylor from entering the ballroom at a Houston-area hotel. Taylor was told the dress violated the school dress code.

"She shook her head, she was like you are not getting into this prom," Taylor told the television station. "We were arguing back and forth because I wanted to know why I can't get into my prom."

Madison High School Principal Aubrey Taylor said the dress was inappropriate and violated the rules.
more: http://www.wsbtv.com/education/16240201/detail.html

I thought the dress was inappropriate as well, but that's the fat jealous lady in me talking.

It's not like it's offensive in this day and age. She's got it, she was flaunting it, that's all.

She knew it wasn't appropriate. I'd bet some colleges would frown on that gown too.

It was very inappropriate... I don't blame the school from putting their collective foot down and saying no to this girl.

That dress is over the top in my book, and I think it is very inappropriate.
I wouldn't allow my daughter to wear that to her prom.

Most public places would. It wasn't indecent exposure, though, so no law would prohibit it. I will admit it's tasteless, but she did look cute in it.
Cute, but (IMO) not particularily classy, much as she held her head high. :twocents: I guess I can be shallow and petty... :eek:

I think the gown was a bit much but similar to other prom gowns I have seen over the past few years ...
My only question is do they enforce this at all after school events .. like football games etc??
Because I have been to plenty and typically in school dress code is not enforced at after school events...

Does this school allow their band for example to raise money doing car washes and if so are the girls wearing bikini's as I so often see??
Or even bikini tops with little shorts??

If they are then it needs to be all or not enforced at after school events at all.

I'm not sure I'd even put it in the 'dress' category. :eek:

But again the issue is how the school enforces the dress code after school hours.

But again the issue is how the school enforces the dress code after school hours.
For things like Prom and Graduation they publish the dress code, what is expected of the students well beforehand. Sometimes you even have to sign a contract promising to follow the dress code before they hand you your tickets. I had to.

The dress was VERY innappropriate, and I believe she knew that....but did she deserve to be cuffed? No.
UNLESS she made a huge scene and refused to leave...then, it may be understandable...
She had to have known she was showing too much skin....
In my high school tank tops were not allowed...and skirts/shorts had to come at least 2 inches past your longest (middle) finger with your hands straight down your side...and they WOULD measure....and you would be sent home or have to have a parent bring proper clothing...
I know they measured 'cause I myself had to do it once.
Actually what I said earlier about the tank tops...it's not only in high school here. 5 yrs ago I sent my daughter to school in a tank top...she was in freaking pre-k....and a note was sent home for me not to dress her in that again...
Oh my that suit was adorable...it was a light blue tank top w/ same colored capris and a same colored bandana...she looked so absolutely adorable. But I didn't dress her in it again, well, for school anyway.

According to Houston television station KHOU, an official stopped Marche Taylor from entering the ballroom at a Houston-area hotel. Taylor was told the dress violated the school dress code.

"She shook her head, she was like you are not getting into this prom," Taylor told the television station. "We were arguing back and forth because I wanted to know why I can't get into my prom."

Madison High School Principal Aubrey Taylor said the dress was inappropriate and violated the rules.
more: http://www.wsbtv.com/education/16240201/detail.html

There's got to be more to this story than this. She most likely put up some sort of fight.

For things like Prom and Graduation they publish the dress code, what is expected of the students well beforehand. Sometimes you even have to sign a contract promising to follow the dress code before they hand you your tickets. I had to.

Must depend on the school or county because I never had to. Neither did my daughter for her prom.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back