Ironies... (?)

JMO8778

..at the beach!
Reaction score
..Patsy says she had a panic attack over seeing a house similar to the one they had in Boulder..yet they meet Smit in front of their old home in Boulder (where JB was actually killed,of course),and,after having been parked right across the St.,have a little prayer meeting with him in a van right in front of the house..and...no panic attack ever ensued in Patsy after seeing the actual home again.Never mind they were parked right in front of it!

..JB ate pineapple within 2 hours of her death.A bowl of pineapple matching what was found in JB was found on the kitchen table.
Patsy has pineapple wallpaper in her kitchen in their home in Atlanta.

..Patsy says they do not want a house with a basement in it,since JB was killed in the basement of their old home.
They buy a house with a basement in it.

..and finally....JB was found with a garrote made with a paintbrush handle belonging to Patsy around her neck.
Patsy has a painting studio put in her Atlanta home and continues to paint.

..anything else?I'm sure there's more.

..same scenario in new home,basement,pineapple in kitchen,paintbrushes...subconcious confessions? I doubt there were ever any panic attacks at seeing a house similar,if Patsy could live like that so easily !

..same scenario in new home,basement,pineapple in kitchen,paintbrushes...subconcious confessions? I doubt there were ever any panic attacks at seeing a house similar,if Patsy could live like that so easily !

If not confessions- then an almost obscene example of her utter and complete eradication of her daughter's horrible death. She had the luxury of erasing the memory of a murdered daughter, stiff and discolored, left under her Christmas Tree in a grotesque blasphemy of the holiday- and simply (to paraphrase BR) "moved on with her life". And in its place she had created a shrine to "America's Princess"- the little murdered beauty queen, eternally lovely- who will never grow old, ugly or do anything her mother doesn't want her to do. She remains forever the perfect daughter. No teenage pregnancy/drug use/drinking/boyfriends/pimples and weight gain for THIS little beauty queen.
The pineapple wallpaper, basement, etc- didn't cause her pain because she had convinced herself that she was not responsible for her daughter's death.

If not confessions- then an almost obscene example of her utter and complete eradication of her daughter's horrible death. She had the luxury of erasing the memory of a murdered daughter,

when you said that,it struck me...now I understand why she painted..she literally,and also figuratively speaking,painted away those memories,and created a new life,painting being a symbolic gesture,I suppose.
The makeup (ie,a form of paint in this case) JB wore at her funeral to hide the discolorations was a comfort to her,as her comment 'see,she looks perfect' suggests.
There was nothing that couldn't be fixed in her world with bit of cover up.

stiff and discolored, left under her Christmas Tree in a grotesque blasphemy of the holiday- and simply (to paraphrase BR) "moved on with her life". And in its place she had created a shrine to "America's Princess"- the little murdered beauty queen, eternally lovely- who will never grow old, ugly or do anything her mother doesn't want her to do. She remains forever the perfect daughter. No teenage pregnancy/drug use/drinking/boyfriends/pimples and weight gain for THIS little beauty queen.
exactly.she was immortalized forever.

The pineapple wallpaper, basement, etc- didn't cause her pain because she had convinced herself that she was not responsible for her daughter's death.
yes,and JB was in a better place,as far as she was concerned,and would always be remembered as a beauty queen here on earth.

You want Ironies?
An entire chapter in the Ramsey's book "Death of Innocence," deals with how to protect your children. Chapter 34 - look it up.
Patsy and John Ramsey would be the last people I would look to for advice on how to protect a child.
JMO

You want Ironies?
An entire chapter in the Ramsey's book "Death of Innocence," deals with how to protect your children. Chapter 34 - look it up.
Patsy and John Ramsey would be the last people I would look to for advice on how to protect a child.
JMO
I know,that whole book makes me sick.If the R's aren't whining,then they're making up excuses or telling lies throughout the entire thing.It's just me me me,one page after another.Oh,except when they're bragging about their possessions.My husb. works on airplanes.I read that part to him about JR bragging about his plane being the only one in the world like it.He just laughed.
But good point,and I also recall JR saying he's read the book 'When Bad Things Happen to Good People',as if it applied to he and Patsy.LOL.In that case, the title should have been 'When bad ppl make bad things happen to themselves, and then try to cover it up'.
A much more appropriate title. :)

If not confessions- then an almost obscene example of her utter and complete eradication of her daughter's horrible death. She had the luxury of erasing the memory of a murdered daughter, stiff and discolored, left under her Christmas Tree in a grotesque blasphemy of the holiday- and simply (to paraphrase BR) "moved on with her life". And in its place she had created a shrine to "America's Princess"- the little murdered beauty queen, eternally lovely- who will never grow old, ugly or do anything her mother doesn't want her to do. She remains forever the perfect daughter. No teenage pregnancy/drug use/drinking/boyfriends/pimples and weight gain for THIS little beauty queen.

:clap:

Didn't he read that book 'When Bad Things Happen to Good People' when Beth had her car accident?

Very well said, DeeDee!

Thank you. It pretty much sums up PR's attitude and behavior.

I don't know if this is off subject or not, but seeing the post about Patsy's house in Atlanta reminded me of something I read.
I can't remember where I read it or if it was true but it was something to the affect of: Some years after JonBenet's death, a woman was walking down the street and Patsy saw her and invited her into her home and the first thing Patsy did was went straight up to JonBenet's room to show off and brag to the woman about JonBenet's trophies and pageants gowns.
Can someone confirm this? Did this really happen?

Didn't he read that book 'When Bad Things Happen to Good People' when Beth had her car accident?
possibly;I don't have my book on me but,IMO,since he wrote in DOI that he'd read it,he seems to be using it to infer that he and Patsy were 'good people'.
He goes on to say the only thing he would add to that is that bad things happen to all people.(no kiddin').
Perhaps he did read after her death to try and make sense of it though.

If by "irony" you mean jabbing your thumb in our collective eye!

part of the collective...oh yes...we are all borg,yanno! lol.

(most of us anyway). :)

I do not know if the Ramseys murdered Jonbenet. I do know that if something like that happened in my family or yours that i would hope people would ask themselves why was there not any signs of previous abuse. I most certainly do not agree with the way she looked in those contest but Im also just as sure there are alot of people that would disagree with me. Definitely the parents of the other girls in those contest. There are some things I can state from first hand knowledge of losing a child. What might seem odd to others may not be odd at all to someone else that has lost a child. A parent that has lost a child has there entire heart ripped out. They do not make since to themself or anyone else, not even their own spouse. That is why divorce rate is so high for parents that lose a child. There are a lot of good books on the market about grieving the lost of a child that could explain it better than me. They really are mind opening and could be very helpful knowledge for anyone that wants to help a friend or family member when they need you the most. I never knew what to say to someone that lost a child. I had no idea of all the issues a grieving parent has going on in thier head and could not have imagined until it was me.There is nothing to say except im here for you and your child will always be in my heart but you also need to prove it. A card every so often, phone call and a shoulder to cry on. Its like addicts say that you don't know until you have been there except grieving parents have no chance or hope for a recovery. Sorry I made this so long. I think it has been helpful to myself. Will point out my difference on another post. Thanks Tammy

There was no previous pattern of abuse because this was an ACCIDENT made to look like a kidnapping/murder. This has been discussed a lot here and elsewhere.
There are not many RDI who believe this was a premeditated act (thought I am sure there are some who believe that it was).
There need not have been previous abuse even if it wasn't an accident. There is always a first time. And sometimes the first time is all it takes.
JBR died as a result of that fatal head blow; the rest was staged to cover up this fact. The garrote was staging, and she was still alive (but unconscious) when it was put on. Her parent(s) were at the point of no return- call 911 and risk everything (including PR's health and their son) and STILL and up with a dead daughter or make it look like she was kidnapped and murdered. They chose.

1. The pineapple wallpaper: The last meal my loving son ate had one of his favorite foods, blackeye peas. I know in my heart if my son knew it was his last meal that would have been one of the things he would have asked for. I like to think that God is sending me little bits of comfort whenever I think of that it brings a small smile to my tightly drawn face. The few times someone has cooked blackeye peas since that time it always makes me cry. If I was redoing wallpaper in my kitchen and found some that had blackeye peas on it I'd buy it in a heartbeat, even pay much more than it is worth. TO me it would be almost irreplaceable. A memorial to my son. That if by any chance somehow or someway he could look down from Heaven and see it he would know it was there because of my love for him. It would be like having something of him around. I would be so proud I would want to show everyone. It would be keeping his memory alive. Which is what I will continue to try to do till the day I join him. It says I have not and will not forget my hearts desire. There is so little i can do in respect to my son now I would jump at the chance. Have I cooked black eye peas? No. The 1st time i tried to eat them it made me feel ill. I hope one day to be able to eat them while thinking this is for you son. Does it make any sense? Not really.

"There need not have been previous abuse even if it wasn't an accident. There is always a first time. And sometimes the first time is all it takes. "

In my thought pattern which I state could be wrong, I find it possible but not probable. I just find room for a lot of doubt that raising 4/2 children that can stress you at early ages with leaky diapers, spills and much more that the 1st time or not would wait for the 4th child to come of an age that the stress should be less than it was a few years earlier and with no previous signs to end with such a brutal blow to the head. Why this time or why not the other times? What could have caused this snap? I don't see it.

It is tragic to lose a child, no matter how old the child is. My grandmother was 95 when she lost her daughter (my mother, at age 67). She mourned her no differently than if it had happened when my mother was a child.
You know firsthand the horror of every mother's nightmare.

But the R case is different. This does not mean to say that the Rs did not miss their daughter or suffer her loss. But their behavior can't be compared to parents in your situation. Their daughter's death was a tragedy as well. But when a parent causes the death of their child and then covers it up to look like someone else did it this simply cannot be compared to the tremendous suffering you have endured.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back