Shania Twain and Husband Split

CuriousAnne

Former Member
Reaction score
Shania Twain and her husband, producer Robert "Mutt" Lange, have split, her rep confirms to PEOPLE.

"Shania Twain and her husband, music producer Robert 'Mutt' Lange, are separating after 14 years of marriage," spokesman Jason Owen says in a statement. "This is a private matter and there will be no further comment at this time."

Twain, 42, and Lange, 59, married in 1993, just six months after meeting. They are parents to a 6-year-old son, Eja D'Angelo.

More at link.

This makes me so sad. I really, really thought that this oh so private couple would make it. I'm a huge fan of Shania, and Mutt Lange is a genius, in my opinion.

wow that is shocking! I was thinking about her the other day....you never hear anything about her....She hasnt made any music in forever!

The only thing that surprises me is that they've waited this long to divorce. During one of her interviews years ago, she said her husband didn't like to travel and didn't like to be in the limelight.
That, imo, would make it hard to stay married to a singing star.

She always seems to be so upbeat & together. I bet when all is said & done it was him who held her back. Don't know why I think that?

Well, more to write songs about I guess. I thought they would make it. :(

I had heard a long time ago that Mutt is very introverted and reclusive. I had likened their marriage to Mariah and Matolla, and Celine and her hubby. It is always sad when a relationship ends. But, Shania had the opportunity given to her she could never get before when she hooked up with Mutt. Oh, hey, just remembered that Reba was married to her manager/producer at some time.

I knew it would only be a matter of time before they got a divorce. Now Shania can get back to her old self..:)

Dolly Parton and her husband are the same way and it works for them. I never liked Shania or her songs because I thought they all sounded the same. Then I read somewhere or heard that she and her husband wrote all of her songs. She never sang anyones songs but the ones they wrote together. That's why they all sounded the same. I wonder what she's going to do now that she's lost her songwriting partner? Is she good enough to do it on her own or do you think they will still work together even though they aren't married. All that being said I think it's sad anytime a long time marraige breaks up, no matter who it is. I hope she does ok.

That's a shame. I think she wanted to take some time off after she had their little boy but I haven't seen anything of her in a long time. I do wonder what she will do now. I hope she starts making music again and gets back out there. Maybe her music will be different if they aren't writing together. I thought a lot of her songs sounded alike too but love her voice.

What a shame I just love her. I hope all ends up well with her and her little boy.

She is one person I have never cared for. I also think all her songs sound the same, like some little rhyming ditty. (The songs she did prior to joining forces with Mutt) No depth to them at all.
In my opinion if she is no longer having Mutt write her songs, she is no longer having songs to sing. He seemed to be the master mind in her creative career.

Some of my friends in the music industry said they Mutt and Shania have been working on her new cd for over 2 years, and at one point, she went behind his back and had talks with a new producer. Mutt had no idea she was doing this and felt extremely betrayed. It is my understanding that he couldn't get past it and the marriage was basically over.

Not a big fan of her music, but she sure is PRETTY... Sad their marriage is breaking up though.. 14 years is a long time.. She will probably have a man in her arms in no time.. :p

Some of my friends in the music industry said they Mutt and Shania have been working on her new cd for over 2 years, and at one point, she went behind his back and had talks with a new producer. Mutt had no idea she was doing this and felt extremely betrayed. It is my understanding that he couldn't get past it and the marriage was basically over.

Well, that's interesting. Thanks Masterj!
I've always thought her voice sounded whiney. Of course, I'm not a great singer either. :)

Shania Twain and her husband, producer Robert "Mutt" Lange, have split, her rep confirms to PEOPLE.

"Shania Twain and her husband, music producer Robert 'Mutt' Lange, are separating after 14 years of marriage," spokesman Jason Owen says in a statement. "This is a private matter and there will be no further comment at this time."

Twain, 42, and Lange, 59, married in 1993, just six months after meeting. They are parents to a 6-year-old son, Eja D'Angelo.

More at link.

This makes me so sad. I really, really thought that this oh so private couple would make it. I'm a huge fan of Shania, and Mutt Lange is a genius, in my opinion.

Oh Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

According to People magazine:

"What caused the sudden breakup of Shania Twain and her husband, music producer Robert "Mutt" Lange, after 14 years of marriage? His relationship with another woman, say several sources.

Reached by PEOPLE after the separation was announced in a statement, Lange called the split "an unfortunate thing." He added, "It's literally just a growing apart, that's all."

But sources close to the situation say a third party was involved: Marie-Anne Thiébaud, a longtime secretary and manager of the couple’s chateau in Switzerland. "Mutt and Marie-Anne left their spouses for each other and are still in a relationship," says one source.

Lange denies the claims. "It's absolutely not the reason [for the separation]," the famously reclusive producer told PEOPLE when asked about the alleged affair. He also denied that he was in a romantic relationship with Thiébaud: "I'm not, no," he said. "It's not true." (Thiébaud could not be reached for comment.)

Twain, 42, and Lange, 59, married in 1993. They have a 6-year-old son, Eja (pronounced "Asia") D'Angelo.

An insider says the "You're Still the One" singer is "devastated. This came out of left field ... She loved him." Another source close to Twain tells PEOPLE the Canadian-born star is coping with the help of "a very close-knit group of family and friends."

14 years is a long marriage for a celebrity. I never made it that long. I hope they remain civil and successfully co-parent the child.

Interesting how her PR people are spinning it. From what I understand, his relationship (not sure with who) began after she secretly met with another producer and long after the two decided their marriage was over. I wonder how Shania's new cd will be. She has worked with Mutt for so long now. IMO, Mutt is such a legend in the industry and he really helped Shania's popularity soar.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
translator
Back