WI WI - Omar Haban-Megahed, 28, Madison, 27 Jan 1998

mssheila

Reaction score
http://www.thedailypage.com/daily/article.php?article=22636

Madison police called it an overdose, mother thinks it was murder
Comp Time interviews Enid Haban-Megahed about the circumstances surrounding her son's 1998 death

Nathan J. Comp on Wednesday 05/14/2008 10:41 am http://www.thedailypage.com/daily/article.php?article=22636#articleComments, (8) Recommendations

Outrage over missteps in the murder investigations of 31-year-old Joel Marino and 21-year-old Brittany Zimmermann have shaken public confidence -- and re-opened the deep wounds Enid Haban-Megahed has lived with since her son Omar was found dead in his Monroe Street home in 1998.
Authorities initially assumed that Omar, 28, died of a drug overdose, despite the insistence of friends and family that the intellectual property lawyer and avid bicyclist did not use drugs. Blood tests eventually confirmed this. Omar’s official cause of death was undetermined, but Enid believes he was murdered.
With the help of a former Madison detective-turned-private-eye, Enid has pieced together a chilling narrative. She speculates that on the night of Jan. 27, 1998, Omar’s roommates struck him in the back of the head before injecting him with insulin, which made his blood-sugar levels crash, causing his death.
Enid says that when presented with evidence in support of this theory, the detective working the case seemed disinterested, and ignored her pleas for information.
<SNIP>

I'm afraid to find out just how many of these are out there.

Wow..that leaves me with very little faith in the Madison LE department. How could they just ignore so many signs and do so little in an attempt to bring this to closure? And sadly, it would appear this type of shoddy work is still continuing today.

Wow..that leaves me with very little faith in the Madison LE department. How could they just ignore so many signs and do so little in an attempt to bring this to closure? And sadly, it would appear this type of shoddy work is still continuing today.

It sure looks like a pattern to me! I think the theory is... 'bury your head in the sand, and pretend there are no violent crimes in this fair city'. :confused:

I just posted this letter to Greta on her blog. Hopefully she will see it- as it seems that she really does read and answer the posts sometimes.

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2008/05...omment-1009339
Greta, As a citizen of the city of Madison, WI, and a former Dane County 911 operator at the same center in question- I want to thank you. I am so appreciative that you are talking about this and shedding all the light that you can regarding the many unsolved murders happening here. Greta- please look into this- there are many more unsolved homicides than the three that are being reported on.
Just your visit alone is causing the authorities to take some action that they would not normally take. I do believe that if not for your visit, the police would never have requested a meeting with the Marino family. In fact, the purpose of the meeting they wish to have with the Marino family is to discuss the fact that the family has gone to the media for help. Cheif Wray wants that to stop, PRONTO! I have been so disheartened to see the police treating these murders with little more urgency than a fender bender in a parking lot. Of course, this is all my opinion- but I do have professional knowledge and experience with the police department, and certainly the dispatch center in question.
There are more than three unsolved murders in Madison, too Greta. The list that I’m about to give you are just the ones I’ve heard about through the not-heavily-reported on news reports. It’s very strange that people here seem so “okay” with the news media keeping very quiet about all these other murders too.
I’m personally outraged that these people have died and up until this botched 911 situation with Joel Marino- it would seem that no one in the media is holding the police’s feet to the fire!
Here is the list of the unsolved cases that I know of for certain:

Reverend Alfred Kunz=1998 unsolved murder
Omar Haban-Megahed-1998 COD undetermined- family strongly disagrees with the “undetermined”….
Kelly Nolan-2007 unsolved murder
George L. Thomas-2007 unsolved murder
Larry Gardner-2007 unsolved murder
Kevin Cobbins-2007 unsolved murder
Joel Marino-2008 unsolved murder
Brittany Zimmermann-2008 unsolved murder
All recent unsolved homicides in Madison. Police seem to have no leads or suspects in any of these investigations. I want to know… HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?
Again…. Thank you Greta. I hope we can see some progress now that you’re here, and people are FINALLY paying attention!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back