Identified! FL - Okeechobee Co. - Skeletal remains near canal, May'08 - Elmer 'Sandy' Perry

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
OKEECHOBEE — Okeechobee County Sheriff’s Office detectives are investigating whether human remains found Tuesday morning belong to a murder victim, according to a news release.
The remains are merely skeletal, so it is not yet possible to determine whether they belong to a man or woman or how old the person was at death, according to the release.
The Medical Examiner’s Office will need to perform an autopsy before determining a cause of death, according to the release.

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2008/may/20/skeletal-human-remains-found-okeechobee-county-nea/

Hi
May I please ask if any one knows more on this or please keep us updated on this.

http://www.wptv.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=47d5b6ab-a861-42ed-ac80-a1632f031d17

Human skeletal remains found in Okeechobee
Contributor: WPTV staff
Email: webteam@wptv.com
Last Update: 5/20 8:00 pm
(WPTV Staff)
Press Release from Sheriff Paul C. May

On May 20, 2008 at 08:12 AM deputies from the Okeechobee County Sheriff’s Office responded to a rural area of Okeechobee County reference to found skeletal remains.
The death is still under investigation.
Subcontractors for South Florida Water Management were spraying vegetation killer along the L-62 Canal midway between SW 24th Ave (formerly Eagle Bay Road) and SW 48th Ave (formerly Old Dixie Road) and found obvious human skeletal remains along the fence line south of the L-62 canal.
These workers contacted the Sheriff’s Office to investigate.

suzanne

Oh boy, I wonder if they are child-size or adult.

Suzanne, you are still looking? Have you had any leads or news at all? I was just telling my hubby abour your sister the other day.

I wonder how far this is from where Jennifer Kesse went missing?

Hi

No,I can't find anything.they never seem to say too much more after they do a newspaper article about any of them.

suzanne

This is no where near JK's disappearance. If this isn't a local it may be Dorie Myers.

Thanks BB. JK is always the first person I think of when remains are found in FL, she and Trenton Duckett. Just like in GA, I always think of Tara.

my first thought was Trenton, but I know it is a long shot

Actually where those remains were found is only about an hour and a half or so from where Jennifer Kesse went missing. Just fyi. Praying for answers for whoever's family this might bring closure for.

This body was found on the direct route from St Lucie Co (Dorie Myers abduction) via Rt 70 to Glades Co where her car was found burned out.

My Uncle owns 2 car dealerships in Okeechobee (my father works for him) and I called my dad and asked... He said they were identified. I searched the Palm Beach Post. Here is the link!

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/search/content/tcoast/epaper/2008/05/27/m2b_briefs_0528.html

Its only a Snip-It... In the metro report...

OKEECHOBEE - A skeleton found near a canal outside Okeechobee last week has been identified as the body of an Okeechobee man missing since December. The skeletal remains found near the L-62 canal May 20 are the bones of 48-year-old Elmer Alexander "Sandy" Perry, the Okeechobee County Sheriff's Office said Tuesday. Family members last saw him in December. The sheriff's office identified the remains as Perry's based on evidence of crash injuries he had sustained previously. The cause of Perry's death and how long his body has been near the canal have not been determined.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back