GUILTY UK - Khyra Ishaq, 7, starved to death, Birmingham, 17 May 2008

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
Couple charged after daughter, 7, starves to death and five brothers and sisters are forced to eat bread left for birds

A seven-year-old girl has died of starvation after police found her and five other children in an emaciated state and living in squalor.

Khyra Ishaq died soon after she and her siblings, three boys and two girls, were rescued from their home and taken to hospital.

Police had been tipped off to their condition by neighbours who spotted them eating bread that had been left out for the birds.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hers-sisters-forced-eat-bread-left-birds.html

The UK today. hoping someone does something horrible to the parents. :furious::furious::furious:

Everytime I read another story like this I wonder why people bother having children.And why have 6 if you despise them so much you feed the friggen birds better than your own flesh & blood.I hope they feed them bird scraps in the slammer.:furious:

What a beautiful little girl. I don't know how someone, especially a parent, could look at that face and deny them food.

I'm feeling a little of the empty nest syndrome and every time I hear of a case like this I think how I would love to have that child to take care of.

The woman was a single mother with 6 children. Given the state of economy, we'll probably hear more and more cases like this.

The story says they ate bread left for birds from *other peoples'* yards. The mother and the "boyfriend" weren't feeding birds, or anyone else but themselves it seems. :mad:

Edited to say, apparently the mother confronted the neighbor and accused her of feeding the children bread, which the neighbor denied... and assumed she meant bread left for the birds. The actual reason this girl was found was when someone called to report she was "having trouble breathing"... :rolleyes: Yeah I'll bet she was.

RIP little Kyrha... my daughter is almost her age and this makes me so sad... :(

I was just reading this article and it is amazing to me. So many questions ran through my mind.

The girl's elementary school past out flyers to parents to inform them of her death. Does this mean she was emaciated, starving, and attending school in which nobody did there did anything to protect her?

i have returned to this thread 3 times and can not think of anything to express the horror of what we allow to happen to children.

SNIP--. Does this mean she was emaciated, starving, and attending school in which nobody did there did anything to protect her?

Great question.
Surely someone knew what this family was going through.

The story says they ate bread left for birds from *other peoples'* yards. The mother and the "boyfriend" weren't feeding birds, or anyone else but themselves it seems. :mad:

Edited to say, apparently the mother confronted the neighbor and accused her of feeding the children bread, which the neighbor denied... and assumed she meant bread left for the birds. The actual reason this girl was found was when someone called to report she was "having trouble breathing"... :rolleyes: Yeah I'll bet she was.

RIP little Kyrha... my daughter is almost her age and this makes me so sad... :(

You're right.....I gathered from the article in Dailymail that the neighbors were feeding the birds and the kids were eating it.
It was the siblings (the older ones) that called the police to tell them that their sis was not breathing right.
This is so sad and tragic, yet I agree with the other poster that this will not be last we hear of these types of cases. That hurts.

The woman was a single mother with 6 children. Given the state of economy, we'll probably hear more and more cases like this.

I'm confused. Do you mean it won't be the last we hear of a single mother with 6 kids? I hear about that all the time. Or were you talking about a parent starving their kids?

The article says that the children had been pulled out of school earlier in the year. I guess they looked healthy at that time. No one didn't any follow up visits to make sure they were being taught.

I'm confused. Do you mean it won't be the last we hear of a single mother with 6 kids? I hear about that all the time. Or were you talking about a parent starving their kids?

What I mean is, the mother was probably not making ends meet and the children went hungry as a result and that more cases will likely follow. It seems to me that is the direction our economy is headed. What was the mother's health like? How can she homeschool and work at the same time? I'm not 100% convinced this was intentional. imo

Mama is not starving to death, oh no, it is the child that is dead from starvation AND the mother accused a neighbor of feeding the children bread? What is with that?

Something is sick and wrong here and it is not wrong with the children or the society who would have helped.

I am sick to death of parents who do not take responsibility.

Let us all quit playing games here. Mama knows how to do boom boom with her boyfriend and you know she has been doing it while allowing her children to die. At a minimum she could have walked into the local forests, parks and grocery store trash cans if that was what was needed to keep her babies alive, but she was too busy or "too full" herself to think of that. Some parents scavenge in grocery store trash cans, but she complained of a neighbor feeding her children bread?

Come on now, is there any doubt that this mother is negligent? I'm sick to death of excuses.

w

I'm not making excuses for anyone, just trying to reason what could have gone wrong here. I want to know more about the case before forming an opinion. Not many facts are known yet. :)

What I mean is, the mother was probably not making ends meet and the children went hungry as a result and that more cases will likely follow. It seems to me that is the direction our economy is headed. What was the mother's health like? How can she homeschool and work at the same time? I'm not 100% convinced this was intentional. imo

I understand what you are saying and that could happen but in this case I doubt it. She pulled the kids from school to home school them but it was probably to cover up abuse. I have a feeling this might have had to do with the religion maybe some kind of fasting they were doing that's why she was mad at the neighbor for feeding the children. Also if the children were in school they would have at least gotten to eat lunch for free through state funded programs and maybe that is why they did not starve before. There are food pantries and other ways of getting food. I don't think anyone should be starving in America, IMO!

I'm thinking the abuse must have been recent. She had a twelve year old if I remember correctly and the little girl that died was seven. I'm wondering if she has some type of mental illness.

If it were a matter of not having enough to feed her kids then why would she accuse the neighbor of feeding them bread? She would have been glad (while not proud enough to let the neighbor know) that they were getting SOMETHING to eat.

As far as the economy, didn't this happen in the UK? Are they having economic problems?

Maybe this sounds mean but IDK CLOSE YOUR FREAKING LEGS!!!
I do not have much sympathy for some *advertiser censored* who keeps popping out babies and not taking care of the ones she already has.

Amra, you always get to the heart of the issue.

Maybe this sounds mean but IDK CLOSE YOUR FREAKING LEGS!!!
I do not have much sympathy for some *advertiser censored* who keeps popping out babies and not taking care of the ones she already has.

I couldnt agree more !

If you cant support them dont have them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back