GUILTY VA - Lisa Gaudenzi, 31, Caroline County, 26 Jan 1995

RIP Lisa
http://fredericksburg.com/News/Web/2010/062010/0614gaudenzi-body-found-in-caroline
Killer leads investigators to woman's remains
Lawrence Gaudenzi had been convicted in the slaying of his wife, Lisa, but until last week had refused to say where her body was.
RELATED STORIES:
Police: Man killed still-missing wife
Gaudenzi pleads guilty to murder, agrees to serve 25 years (5/7/09)
Angry family blasts killer (5/8/09)

Date published: 6/14/2010
By PORTSIA SMITH
fredericksburg.com

It has been a mystery for 15 years, but authorities say they have located the remains of a missing Caroline County woman.
Lisa Gaudenzi's remains were found in Spotsylvania County, authorities said in a press conference today in Richmond.
Police say her estranged husband, Lawrence Gaudenzi, led investigators last Wednesday to a remote area of Massaponax Church Road, where the remains were discovered. The site was about 30 miles from the couple's home in Lake Land'Or.
Investigators were still able to find remnants of the sleeping bag he used to wrap her body in after he killed her at their house in Caroline on Jan. 26, 1995.
Investigators also found several plastic bottles of brick washing acid that he discarded at the scene. He had put the sleeping bag inside a metal drum and then filled the drum with the powerful acid, investigators say.
A porcelain dental bridge was all that was left.
Her remains were sent to her parents in New Jersey on Friday.

snip

I live right up the street from the location she was found. The gas station that is abandon was where my first job was. I wil take some pictures and put them up. Of all the remote parts of these two counties I think this is an odd place for him to have picked. I wonder if he had help putting the barrel there. My sisters ex boyfriends parents also lived 1/2 or so from the area and so did Mark Evonitz.

I went to High School with Lisa and never even knew she was missing until one night when I turned on Investigation Discovery and an episode of "Happily Never After" started out - "Lisa Marto Guadenzi grew up in Cinnaminson, NJ...". I was shocked!

Lisa and I used to hang out a little bit and my friend, DP, even reminded me that we went to a party at her house one time. Lisa was a tiny, little girl and I can still see her walking down the hall with her longish brown hair and her flannel shirts. I left school partway through my senior year when I had a baby and got so busy being a mom and trying to finish high school, work, etc that I lost touch with a lot of my high school pals, except those that I was really close to.

I felt immense sadness knowing what Lisa must have gone through and felt so guilty that I didn't even know she had been missing. I'm so sorry, Lisa, and I can only pray that you are at peace and that your are looking out for your daughters.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back