Canada - Trying to trace a relative, Doreen Mooney, from Grand Prairie, Alberta

Barnaby

Reaction score
Any help would be really appreciated in trying to trace a Doreen Mooney, retired Teacher, last known address: Apartment 203-10230--106 Ave, Grande Praire, Alberta T8V 5G8
Her telephone number is dead but I will post it here anyway 0101-403-7662209
Doreen also had an adopted daughter Linda would love to trace her also.
Adopted son John died about 15 years ago in an accident.

We haven't heard from Doreen (my mother's cousin) in a long time & all attempts at contact have failed, wonder if she is still living, she would be in her 70's now.

TIA!

Hi Barnaby.I used to live in Grande Prairie and i am actually going there this weekend for a couple of weeks to visit my parents.What can I do to help?

Also I just looked at the phone number you have if she lives in G.P. her area code would 780 not 403,that is for southern Alberta only.I think I have an old G.P. phone book around let me have a look and i will see if her name is in it.

Hi Barnaby.I used to live in Grande Prairie and i am actually going there this weekend for a couple of weeks to visit my parents.What can I do to help?

Also I just looked at the phone number you have if she lives in G.P. her area code would 780 not 403,that is for southern Alberta only.I think I have an old G.P. phone book around let me have a look and i will see if her name is in it.

Hi, Alta, Thanks for reply. She did live in Edmonton, would that code be for there?
Do you have any idea where that address is in GP? Would it be convenient for you to call there, please don't go to any trouble.

44 Listed in Canada...not too long of a list to knock off :D

LOL that's a lot!

Edmonton is 780 as well.as for the address yes i know where it is,its actually just a couple of blocks down from where i used to live.I looked everywhere for my old phone book and I cannot find it but i will look through my moms.If you want to pm your personal information,name phone number etc..I will even stop by the apartment and if she still lives there i will give her your info.
How long has it been since you have been in touch with her? Do you know if her daughter is married and if so her last name?

I would more than happy to help you try and find Doreen,I hope I am succesful.I did look through the phone list Christine supplied and do not see any from the G.P. area,unless she has moved.

Edmonton is 780 as well.as for the address yes i know where it is,its actually just a couple of blocks down from where i used to live.I looked everywhere for my old phone book and I cannot find it but i will look through my moms.If you want to pm your personal information,name phone number etc..I will even stop by the apartment and if she still lives there i will give her your info.
How long has it been since you have been in touch with her? Do you know if her daughter is married and if so her last name?

I would more than happy to help you try and find Doreen,I hope I am succesful.I did look through the phone list Christine supplied and do not see any from the G.P. area,unless she has moved.
Thanks so much Alta that is so very kind of you. I will pm you with my info. So glad that you know the address :blowkiss:

I did a reverse search on the phone number you have,and it is a cell phone in High River,Alberta.The name is unlisted.High River & Grande Prairie are a good 800 km's apart.Do you have any other phone numbers at all?I did search her name in G.P. and there was nothing at all.I will still go to the address with your info.Lets keep our fingers crossed if she does not live there anymore someone may remember her.

I did a reverse search on the phone number you have,and it is a cell phone in High River,Alberta.The name is unlisted.High River & Grande Prairie are a good 800 km's apart.Do you have any other phone numbers at all?I did search her name in G.P. and there was nothing at all.I will still go to the address with your info.Lets keep our fingers crossed if she does not live there anymore someone may remember her.

That is so weird Alta, that was definitely the number that I last spoke with her on some years ago.
You are going to so much trouble for me, I hate all this inconvenience for you but thanks so much.
I am wondering is there a death register that could be accessed online?

When asking in her area someone might remember her adopted son John, he died in a fall some years back.
Doreen was never married apparently that is an area where single people can adopt children. Both children were of Indian descent.
I so remember Linda coming to visit with Doreen when she was young, I didn't have a sister & we became so close even though she was a little younger. I remember crying so hard when she left, just horrible to think I will never see her again or know what has become of her.

I will have a look and see if I can find anything for you.And it is not a problem or alot of work,I don't mind helping you out at all.I will be in touch.

I will have a look and see if I can find anything for you.And it is not a problem or alot of work,I don't mind helping you out at all.I will be in touch.

Thanks so very much :blowkiss:

Hi Barnaby just letting you know I am in G.P. and will be going out today to the address you have given me.I checked the obits and have found nothing.So lets hope she still lives in the same apartment or someone knows of her.
I will let you know what I find out when i get back.

Brilliant Alta, thanks so very much. Good luck & I hope you find her.

Glad there's nothing in the obits, you are so good to do this for me!

I tried to get more info from my mother but she knows no more than I do.
I will be out for a few hours but will be home later tonight :blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back