Abused Wife laces cheating husband's cake with rat poison

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
But the judge said she was not a "criminal in any shape or form" after hearing she was "driven over the edge" by 30 years of abuse at the hands of her husband Robert.

A former hospital chef who laced her cheating husband's cake with rat poison in a bid to "stop him leaving the house to see his mistress" was spared jail today.
A judge told Yvonne Godwin, 56, that she was not a "criminal in any shape or form" after hearing she was "driven over the edge" by 30 years of abuse at the hands of her husband Robert.
She finally reached breaking point when she learned he was having an affair with her best friend's sister and baked two cakes laced with blue rat poison
But the grey-haired grandmother confessed to the police the next day and admitted she had tried to poison her former husband, and had also eaten some of the cake herself.
The once-married couple, who have been together for more than 30 years, had divorced 17 years ago but reconciled shortly after.

More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-laced-cheating-husbands-cake-rat-poison.html

Let this be a warning to cheating husbands, do you think?

she was recovering from cancer when she found out what he was up to when she "only used a teaspoon of rat poison in his fruitcake."

the husband wants her back but the judge said as a condition of her suspended sentence she had to keep away from hubby for 12 months.
her husband denied she had tried to poison him, but the evidence was clear and she admitted it anyway.

friends said Mrs Godwin was a wonderful cook.

WHY would she want to stop him from leaving the house? I'd drive the freaking car. Get rid of the bum.:doh::doh:

If he abused her for 30 years, imo, he deserved it.:crazy:

I don't agree at all. Why didn't she LEAVE????? The woman should have packed up and left. I wouldn't risk one day in jail for a man who abused me.

Jeana,
Maybe she suffered from battered wife (women's syndrome). Maybe she was too afraid to leave. :(

But the judge said she was not a "criminal in any shape or form" after hearing she was "driven over the edge" by 30 years of abuse at the hands of her husband Robert.

A former hospital chef who laced her cheating husband's cake with rat poison in a bid to "stop him leaving the house to see his mistress" was spared jail today.
A judge told Yvonne Godwin, 56, that she was not a "criminal in any shape or form" after hearing she was "driven over the edge" by 30 years of abuse at the hands of her husband Robert.
She finally reached breaking point when she learned he was having an affair with her best friend's sister and baked two cakes laced with blue rat poison
But the grey-haired grandmother confessed to the police the next day and admitted she had tried to poison her former husband, and had also eaten some of the cake herself.
The once-married couple, who have been together for more than 30 years, had divorced 17 years ago but reconciled shortly after.

More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-laced-cheating-husbands-cake-rat-poison.html

Let this be a warning to cheating husbands, do you think?

she was recovering from cancer when she found out what he was up to when she "only used a teaspoon of rat poison in his fruitcake."

the husband wants her back but the judge said as a condition of her suspended sentence she had to keep away from hubby for 12 months.
her husband denied she had tried to poison him, but the evidence was clear and she admitted it anyway.

friends said Mrs Godwin was a wonderful cook.

I wonder if we'd be cheering on the person if it was the husband who had poisoned his wife after years of her abuse and affairs?

I wonder if we'd be cheering on the person if it was the husband who had poisoned his wife after years of her abuse and affairs?

Thank you. I was beginning to see the double standard that is being presented here. Ahem.

I'm not cheering. i think this has opened the floodgates.

she should have left.

And she shouldn't have poisoned her husband.

No she shouldn't have poisoned her husband. and the judge shouldn't have said, she was not a "criminal in any shape or form" .

because it sends the wrong message, IMO.

No she shouldn't have poisoned her husband. and the judge shouldn't have said, she was not a "criminal in any shape or form" .

because it sends the wrong message, IMO.

Yeah, I was just thinking of all the bat- crazy things people can get away with if this were a reasonable or legal precedent.

Yeah, I was just thinking of all the bat- crazy things people can get away with if this were a reasonable or legal precedent.

Well it is a legal precedent now, isn't it?

Guess you have to be in the position to understand. I believe it in it. I'm not saying she should have poisoned him... I'm just saying he probably deserved it. I know my ex husband deserved it. I didn't do it, but he deserved it.

My first husband beat me horribly. I left him with a six month old child. At the time, I had no education, no driver's license, no money, no hope and I was still a teenager. However, I wasn't going to stay there and let him take his frustrations out on me. If she had killed him during the course of a fight where her life was in danger, more power to her. However, if she had the ability to get out, then I don't agree with what she did.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back