Google earth help

nappy2

Have you kissed your cat today?
Reaction score
Oh blaize, I need more help.
I have a prob:)lem with downloading google earth , the problem is it lets me download it but it wolnt let me connect. I made sure I added it to my fire wall exceptions and it still doesnt work.

Any help would be apprecated!!!!!!!!

Shoot, I just had to do this the other day. OK, I am trying to remember but there was a drop down window that said something about an update and I clicked on it. This was after a friend told me about it and I had to search for awhile. I had it installed but this update has to happen before you use it again. I do know that it messed up my computer for a bit and then it was OK.

I guess this really doesn't help so maybe someone with more tech savvy will come on and walk you through it. But, there is something new and that is why you are having a problem.

If your computer is too old, Google Earth won't work. I had a 2001 Fujitsu, and it wouldn't work on that box.

If your computer is too old, Google Earth won't work. I had a 2001 Fujitsu, and it wouldn't work on that box.

The computer is a year old but that isnt saying how long it set on the shelf! So it maybe to old i'm not sure.

Shoot, I just had to do this the other day. OK, I am trying to remember but there was a drop down window that said something about an update and I clicked on it. This was after a friend told me about it and I had to search for awhile. I had it installed but this update has to happen before you use it again. I do know that it messed up my computer for a bit and then it was OK.

I guess this really doesn't help so maybe someone with more tech savvy will come on and walk you through it. But, there is something new and that is why you are having a problem.

I did see something about a updater I'llhave to check that out !

I got this message cannot connect to server , any ideas

Thanks for all the help!

I got this message cannot connect to server , any ideas

Thanks for all the help!

I am pretty sure I got the same message but I continued on anyway. The browser for Google Earth is different than mine. However, it did finally load. I just went there and tried again and it was perfect but I had a hard time getting out or getting windows to close.

I'm going to try that again, I always have problems downloading stuff.

It still isnt working it displays a message that says there may be settings on my computer that is stopping it from working. But it wolnt tell me which settings.

Hi Nappy, what's the exact message?

Does it say it just can't connect or does it say it can't connect to activate your account?

Hi Nappy, what's the exact message?

Does it say it just can't connect or does it say it can't connect to activate your account?

It says It cant connect to activate my account.

Hello again Nappy please follow the test & help instructions from Google Earth and let us know if they help.

(Source)
If you're a Microsoft Windows user, please visit the Google Earth Server Test using Internet Explorer, to see if your computer can contact our servers.

If the test fails for any or all of the three servers:

* Make sure that your firewall program isn't blocking these three servers over port 80. To learn how to unblock these three servers, please contact your IT administrator or your firewall manufacturer.

* If you use a corporate proxy or VPN, contact your IT administrator to ensure that the proxy permits access on port 80 to the failed servers. Also, if Internet Explorer isn't your default web browser, your IT administrator must add your company's proxy information to Internet Explorer so that Google Earth can launch successfully.

* Ensure that the option next to 'Work Offline,' in the Internet Explorer File menu, isn't selected.

* If you have pop-up blockers, try disabling them before launching Google Earth.

* If you're using a wireless router
, try connecting directly to your router to see if this solves your connection problem.

If the test is successful for all of the three servers:

* Ensure that your firewall program isn't explicitly blocking Google Earth. If necessary, create an exception for Google Earth in the firewall. Learn how to create an exception in three of the more popular firewall programs.

* Make sure that internet security software such as WebSense, Surf Control, Ghost Surf, or McAfee Privacy Service aren't interfering with Google Earth. Please contact the manufacturers of these and other security software to ensure that Google Earth isn't blocked.

* Try uninstalling and re-installing Google Earth. You may need to download the program again.

* Delete your cache.

* Ensure that your anti-virus program isn't categorizing Google Earth as malicious software. Please contact your anti-virus software manufacturer for instructions on how to unblock Google Earth.

I sure hope you can get it to load as this resource has been absolutely remarkable in my searches for missing people.

Well I did the tests and it said all three comunicating .

I checked my fire wall and added Goggle earth.

and it still isnt working .

Ok Nappy, you've added Google earth to your firewall now empty internet explorer's cache and cookies and then restart your computer.

Ok Nappy, you've added Google earth to your firewall now empty internet explorer's cache and cookies and then restart your computer.

Ok I cleared my cache and restarted my computer and it still isnt working and are there any other settings on my computer that could be doing this.

Are you using IE7 Nappy?

Ensure that the option next to 'Work Offline,' in the Internet Explorer File menu, isn't selected.

* If you have pop-up blockers, try disabling them before launching Google Earth.

* If you're using a wireless router, try connecting directly to your router to see if this solves your connection problem.

Sorry to hear your having issues with google earth.
My pc is also 7 years old, as Peppers.
But I loaded it with no problems.
I keep my pc updated with everything.
Also put 1000 ram in, bigger hd and installed windows xp.
And use foxfire.
How much ram do you have and I bet you have vista....

Sorry to hear your having issues with google earth.
My pc is also 7 years old, as Peppers.
But I loaded it with no problems.
I keep my pc updated with everything.
Also put 1000 ram in, bigger hd and installed windows xp.
And use foxfire.
How much ram do you have and I bet you have vista....

This is what I have.

windows XP media center edition
version 2002
HP mobile AMD sempron(tm)
processor3400+
1.59 GHz,480MB of ram

Thanks you for your post I hope this helps:)

This is what I have.

windows XP media center edition
version 2002
HP mobile AMD sempron(tm)
processor3400+
1.59 GHz,480MB of ram

Thanks you for your post I hope this helps:)

kk, so you don't have vista..good I feel xp is better.
Ram seems low.
And you updated everything? Explorer 7?
There's got to be a way other then formating and reloading everything.
The only thing I can think of is that some program is preventing you to load it and/or something has to be changed in the program.
Try looking at all the menus in Explorer and see if you have to click or unclick something.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back