Teacher Guilty taping student to chair

golfmom

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Boy the news is just full of crazy teachers right now.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=200953

A substitute teacher who dealt with an unruly 8-year-old by taping him to his seat is looking at some confinement of his own after a McHenry County jury Friday found him guilty of two felony charges.
The decision ended a four-day trial in which Konetski, of South Beloit, Ill., testified that his actions in March 2006 were necessary to control his special education classroom at Harvard's Jefferson Elementary School.

ETA: A first-year substitute with no training in special education, Konetski testified he did not believe he did anything improper.

"I thought it was appropriate because my other option would have been to yell at the students and I didn't want to do that," he said. "I didn't mean any harm and I don't believe I caused any harm."

A substitute teacher who dealt with an unruly 8-year-old by taping him to his seat is looking at some confinement of his own after a McHenry County jury Friday found him guilty of two felony charges.
The decision ended a four-day trial in which Konetski, of South Beloit, Ill., testified that his actions in March 2006 were necessary to control his special education classroom at Harvard's Jefferson Elementary School.

ETA: A first-year substitute with no training in special education, Konetski testified he did not believe he did anything improper.

"I thought it was appropriate because my other option would have been to yell at the students and I didn't want to do that," he said. "I didn't mean any harm and I don't believe I caused any harm."

I had a teacher in private school tie me to my chair in the 2nd grade, with her knitting yarn. I woldn't stay put in my chair. Lol, I suspect this didn't cause me any permanent damage, although I was not a special ed student. Still...I'd have much rather have my kids tied to a chair than yelled at.

This is getting crazy. If they're not having sex with the students they're abusing them.

I know most teachers are dedicated, but what is going on????

I remember being taped to the chair and my mouth taped shut when I was in the 2nd grade. My teacher taped around my thighs to the chair and around my arms to the back of chair. Then she taped my mouth shut. Turns out, she ended up being my favorite teacher EVER. I went to visit her as an adult 30 yrs later in Dallas, Texas a few years ago. I think that people are sue happy and need to chill out a bit. I was not permanently damaged either and if my daughter was in the same situation now...I would be okay with her being taped in her chair. Actually, she is like that, but most teacher wouldnt do that nowadays.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back